UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs UNH - AE semifinal 3/8

Impressive feat by the men this year.

And now to demonstrate just how competitive today's game was, I give you the following from the box score:

"UNH led for 17:55. Albany led for 18:42. The game was tied for 3:23."

Largest lead for both teams was six points.

As long as we lead when the clock says 00:00

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If UA is smart, leave the dorms open until 3 PM Saturday. You don't want a game on national TV and have no students.

So that 600 section seats talked about were still broken. B9 and I had them...got upgraded to court side seats. We were happy.

About Herrion -- my question is: how does he get 6 guys from Texas to come to NH to,play? Three of them are Smith, Armstrong, and Dion. After the game in the handshake line he talked for probably a minute with Hooley, followed by a good hug ... Sam was next and Herrion did the same thing, though not for as long. Maybe he's a decent guy.

About Herrion -- my question is: how does he get 6 guys from Texas to come to NH to,play? Three of them are Smith, Armstrong, and Dion. After the game in the handshake line he talked for probably a minute with Hooley, followed by a good hug ... Sam was next and Herrion did the same thing, though not for as long. Maybe he's a decent guy.

I always thought he was...

can someone post the phone number for the box office? My son decided to come with me and need to get another ticket while I'm on the road. Thanks

Aren't you on the Internet while posting this? Google the # :-p Glad to have one more cheering fan in your son coming. Hopefully we can get a good crowd.

Tried that to no avail and was driving on the taconic so I couldn't keep browsing around while driving. Knew someone here would get it for me quickly.

As for the game, I'm home now. Had to trade in my chair back in 200 section for bleachers in 700 since my son came. So happy I did, he had a blast. Grabbed a beer in the HOF room and got to chat with a few of you. good to see you all.

What a game. Hooley and Singletary stepped up big! Go ahead and double Sam and you'll get killed by those two and Sanders. Love this team.

The charge call on Hooley made this a game. If it was called a block, which it should have, and he made the free throw we would've been up 8. Instead they call a charge and UHN hits a 3 and it's a 2 point game. Horrible horrible call. Could have lost them the game. So glad Peter is BACK!

Now I gotta get tickets for next weekend! SBU scares me. GO DANES!!!!

That charge call.... I'd have to say bull$iena. Looked like it should have been a no call.

He had the shot off before contact was made anyway.

AGREE 100%. At worse it should have been count the basket and than an offensive; but really looked like no charge at all. Hooley on at least two drives was thrown to the floor with no calls. On one he was complaining vigorously to the refs, which is not his style at all! Taking nothing away from NH (they played a hell of a game), but this game would not have been nearly as close, if the refs called the game properly. The rebounding foul call on Mike occurred pretty much right in front of me and I assure you it should have been an over the back call on NH. Whatever happened to hometown calls/refs? We simply never seem to get any at sefcu. We will get a make-up call now and than , but that appears to be all.

Also, no made three's by UA in the second half made the game closer than it should have been and tougher on the inside.

Anyhow GREAT GREAT WIN. Gutty performance by Peter, especially in the first half.

So many positives coming out of the New Hampshire game. S. Rowley and Hooley are not the only stars. Singletary and Sanders are fabulous basketball players. Mike Rowley showed some signs of being the player people thought he was going to be. Several really good aggressive moves to the hoop.

So many positives coming out of the New Hampshire game. S. Rowley and Hooley are not the only stars. Singletary and Sanders are fabulous basketball players. Mike Rowley showed some signs of being the player people thought he was going to be. Several really good aggressive moves to the hoop.

Mike really stepped up and made some big plays when UNH was doubling Sam. That one play when Sam quickly found him wide open under the hoop was great. He should be confident going into Saturday's game!

Now if Mike could finish under the basket (misses or gets blocked on too many chipies) he'd really be the player we expected. Also, some three's from Baker and/or Ennema would help on Saturday.

And our big men must dish the ball the very moment that double team comes. I see this as critical going into the weekend. When the double comes our big men should be thinking assist all the way, and our other players need to help him out by cutting to the gaps and getting open.