UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Championship Game vs. SB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we actually have ushers checking tickets? I don't remember ever having people check your ticket for sections unless in the chairbacks.

Yeah I don't know about the other seats, but the last few games there have been student ushers making people move (mostly young kids) who were trying to sneak into seats they didn't pay for.

Lets not make a capital case out of it, I'm not asking that someone be fired of prosecuted. Just disappointing is all...I'm sure you are tickled pink over this news.

I hear ya. I honestly don't care. They will never outnumber us so it's a non-issue in my eyes. Just felt it was wrong to blame the ticket dept. It's actually very easy to do, especially when you select the worst section. First 20 mins of the onsale everyone was going for the center sections. They went for the corner. Not hard to get 25 people who work for the school to get online and get tickets at 10am all in the same section.

I just went on-line at 5:57 PM and found 3261 tickets available. I think their is a problem!! I have my tickets but don't understand what I am seeing.

I saw that too. Click on the section itself and you will see no seats available though. Problem with the program they use to show the stats. All seats gone, yet it still shows availability in the section summary. My guess is that it only updates overnight.

Disappointing news...our athletic department allowed SBU to buy an additional 200 tickets on the web.

How our athletic department allowed this to happen is beyond me.

And how do we know this?
I'll believe it when I see it. Either Athletics released the tix to the Brook or there will be 20 or so small pockets of Brook fans spread out in a number of sections.

Click did the ticket office tell you that?

If it didn't come from the horse mouth it could be speculation...hopefully. .. Maybe those tickets were bought by the school and went to high rollers who will help pay for SEFCU renovations...one can only hope it's that and not SB fans. I'm w/ Sarge we'll wait and see how much red is scattered about the arena.

Edited by MsGDG

So they have 800 vs 600. who cares. We will still be louder. Smart move by them selecting the section and hammering it with purchases online.

I actually don't mind. Yeah, maybe SBU gets a little more vocal support, but I think back to '06 when many UVM fans made the trip. Having the two groups of rival fans made for a great atmosphere (pounding UVM didn't hurt either).

Disappointing news...our athletic department allowed SBU to buy an additional 200 tickets on the web.

And how do we know this?
I'll believe it when I see it. Either Athletics released the tix to the Brook or there will be 20 or so small pockets of Brook fans spread out in a number of sections.

If it didn't come from the horse mouth it could be speculation...hopefully. .. Maybe those tickets were bought by the school and went to high rollers who will help pay for SEFCU renovations...one can only hope it's that and not SB fans. I'm w/ Sarge we'll wait and see how much red is scattered about the arena.

They did.. D96 can confirm.

And how do we know this?

They did.. D96 can confirm.

Sigh. It's always something with Athletics...

Is this the first AE Championship where you could purchase tickets online?

That's absurd.

This school has no idea how to properly market athletics. This goes back to the same discussion we've had for a couple of weeks now about winning vs. marketing etc.

On a nationally televised game, our best exposure YTD, and there will be a sea of red? Give me a break.

Are people allowed to buy 8 tickets? Don't most sports events cap it at 4-6? With as much anticipation as possible for this event, why allow people to buy 8 at a clip?