UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Championship Game vs. SB

Disappointing news...our athletic department allowed SBU to buy an additional 200 tickets on the web.

How our athletic department allowed this to happen is beyond me.

And how do we know this?
I'll believe it when I see it. Either Athletics released the tix to the Brook or there will be 20 or so small pockets of Brook fans spread out in a number of sections.

Click did the ticket office tell you that?

If it didn't come from the horse mouth it could be speculation...hopefully. .. Maybe those tickets were bought by the school and went to high rollers who will help pay for SEFCU renovations...one can only hope it's that and not SB fans. I'm w/ Sarge we'll wait and see how much red is scattered about the arena.

They did.. D96 can confirm.
Sigh. It's always something with Athletics...

Is this the first AE Championship where you could purchase tickets online?

Agreed... I'm not outraged just dissapointed... Two hundred additional red shirts will be visible and that's 200 extra screaming voice boxes. Edited by Clickclack

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click I see one person mentioned it was a block on the AE board..and you said you confirmed they did buy extra tickets..which one could assume any school.would if you could. But did whomever you spoke with say it was an actual block of 200? The SB fan say they assume it's all in the same section as a block. Just wondering if it's actually a block or just that SB staff bought various small blocks throughout the sefcu. Taking one SB fans excited post as gospel has me wondering. Just curious...guess we wait and see on Saturday.

Edited by MsGDG

Saratoga Springs viewing party tentatively set for Kings Tavern on Union off exit 14. Food provided, cash bar, lots of TV tuned to UA! Please spread word for the late, the displaced, the northern NY UA or if brave SBU fans (kidding, they are welcome, but can't eat our food!). 10:45 opening!

Saratoga Springs viewing party tentatively set for Kings Tavern on Union off exit 14. Food provided, cash bar, lots of TV tuned to UA! Please spread word for the late, the displaced, the northern NY UA or if brave SBU fans (kidding, they are welcome, but can't eat our food!). 10:45 opening!

Did they give a full list of viewing parties or is that one like a personal non school related one?

Thoughts on the game? Keys to winning? Try to stop Warney or focus on Thrower and Purifoy?

They might be more athletic than any other team in the league. We need to REBOUND like our lives depended on it. UVM got nailed in the second half (as we did in our loss to them) because of their offensive rebounds. Rebounding is the key to this game and limiting their second chances. If they shoot 50 percent and get 18 offensive rebounds (their total against UVM) think about how many more points that is! 18 more chances at 50% shooting is at least 9 two-point baskets. That's 18 points plus any additional points for three pointers made. When you do the math the offensive rebounding will win them the game hands down. Defense and rebounding are everything on Saturday.

Rich played 20 mins in our first game and 13 in the second. Wonder what his impact will be if he can't play. Rich is a big body but not as fast/athletic as Warney. I hope Coach has something new for SB this game. Wondering if they will play zone against us..to mix it up. I'd guess we are preparing for both man to man and zone.

VIEWING PARTIES

Don't miss the big game! Watch televised UAlbany games and enjoy food and drinks with fellow Great Danes fans in your area.

Interested in organizing a viewing party in your region? Contact Carmelina Morrison via email.

America East Men's Basketball Championship | Saturday, March 14, 11:00am:

Metro D.C.

Blackfinn

1620 I St NW, Washington, DC 20006

New York City

The Australian NYC - Mezzanine

20 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018

between 5th and Avenue of the Americas

*Please be sure to inform Australian staff that you are attending the UAlbany viewing party

Westchester

Rudy's

156 Central Park Ave., Hartsdale, NY 10530

New Orleans

Gordon Biersch

200 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Many Boston alums, and they can't figure out a place to get it going here...

...again...the school needs to learn how to connect. SMH.

And no, it's not our job (alums) to get the party together.

That said, nice job getting the others together.

Edited by Dane96

Click I see one person mentioned it was a block on the AE board..and you said you confirmed they did buy extra tickets..which one could assume any school.would if you could. But did whomever you spoke with say it was an actual block of 200? The SB fan say they assume it's all in the same section as a block. Just wondering if it's actually a block or just that SB staff bought various small blocks throughout the sefcu. Taking one SB fans excited post as gospel has me wondering. Just curious...guess we wait and see on Saturday.

I was not told if it was a contiguous block or not...

Many Boston alums, and they can't figure out a place to get it going here...

...again...the school needs to learn how to connect. SMH.

And no, it's not our job (alums) to get the party together.

That said, nice job getting the others together.

Alumni association events are actually manned by alumni that volunteer in areas away from Albany. Even many local events are manned by volunteers. So yes, it does require volunteers that's how it works. Alumni host the parties most times. They reach out to people..with short notice(a week) if no one volunteers..can't force someone and they only have so much staff.

EDIT: Its only tues..sure they will post more as they get them. Wonder if it's hard to get bars to bring staff in early.

Edited by MsGDG