UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Officiating in the Men's Championship Game

As many pointed out the officiating on Sunday was pretty bad from our perspective...at least two highly questionable (and I am being generous!) offensive foul calls that wiped out UA hoops. Seems like for big AE games we typically see people like Hughes, Laubenstein, Faia and Adams calling the games....after watching these characters for 10 years I feel I can authoritatively say that Hughes and Laubenstein are absolutely horrid and to make matters worse both appear to be egotistical to boot!!! The only time I enjoyed seeing Hughes on the sidelines was when he totally screwed Duke in their game vs Lehigh a couple of years back in the NCAA first round....Faia seems to go with the wind in terms of who appears to be the lead official and if he's teamed with Hughes (like he was Sunday...) its usually a parade of bad calls, late calls and at times hallucinatory calls!! Since we saw Hughes and Faia in the semis I am hoping we are done with them but that raises the prospect of us drawing Laubenstein who I think is a shade poorer than Hughes....(if that's even possible!!)... If we are lucky we will get Bob Adams for the Championship game....he is generally the best of this group...(although he had a few weird calls in the UVM- UA game on 2/28)....but Adams has called the Champ game at least a couple of times and in those instances I don't recall the officiating being an issue. In any event I am hoping that no one from either team is talking about officiating at the end of the game because that means they've done a good job. The kids deserve nothing less!

agree with everything you said, problem is, the AE is always gonna get bottom/barrell officials unless the league drastically improves....we were lucky enough to have Carl Luciano ref before this year but he was in training for the Big East and we haven't seen him once this year..and he is young...with that said, the anticipation of charge calls is in every league and done by every ref and is the most annoying call of any...on Peters bogus charge the guy started falling back before Peter even made body contact...so annoying to watch

Adams and Hughes are the worst. Those are the two that I dislike the most I think. I'm gonna be bringing the heat this game, I will not rest!

Last year at SBU we stood and screamed the whole game. Doubt that will happen Saturday but I won't mind if it does.

As for the refs, it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it. We can only hope that they suck for both teams equally and not skewed in one direction.

Adams and Hughes are the worst. Those are the two that I dislike the most I think. I'm gonna be bringing the heat this game, I will not rest!

Last year at SBU we stood and screamed the whole game. Doubt that will happen Saturday but I won't mind if it does.

As for the refs, it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it. We can only hope that they suck for both teams equally and not skewed in one direction.

True, true. Just call it the same both ways or you WILL get my "One Way" chant. I promise them that. lol.