UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lost to #2 UNC this afternoon, 10-6.

Great showing.

Ended the game on 4-1 run.

It was a neutral site game (St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD)

Draw controls favored UNC by wide margin.

NOTE: UNC only loss is to #1 Maryland by 2 goals. They have beaten #5 Florida (by 6 goals @ Florida), #15 James Madison (by 4), #7 Northwestern (by 1) and #8 Virginia (by 3).

#18 Stony Brook beat # 17 Notre Dame this week 9-5

• 3 weeks later...

Laura Amato's blog notes Maureen Keggins leads the country in assists per game, and needs just 16 more to set the school single-season record.

"Y'all know what that means, right? That means that UA leads the nation in assists per game on both the men's and women's side. Let that sink in for just a second."

WLax plays Brown tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat off topic but still . . . I was watching the WLAX play Syracuse on Sunday, and I noticed two things that I don't remember from seeing in MLAX games, so if anyone has an explanation I would appreciate it . . . (1) why is the face-off done with the players holding their sticks about chest-level high (and I never could see where the ref actually puts the ball), and (2) each time a player scored (for either UA or SU), she would immediately drop her stick and walk or run away, and it seemed to be not a "tradition" or "thing to do," but it seemed part of the game, a requirement . . . could that be?

1. The ball is between the baskets on the women's face off. Not sure why but even at low levels that's how it's done.

2. They drop the stick so the refs can check to see if it's a legal stick. The pockets aren't as deep. The top of the ball must be even with the top of the pocket.

That's a simplistic explanation, but I'm at least somewhat accurate.