UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Endowment

Clickclack

Looking at a report posted by NACUBO, 22% is 22%...good progress being made there but still very low.

http://www.nacubo.org/Business_and_Policy_Areas/Endowment_Management.html

615 University at Albany Foundation NY

2014 - 49,522(million)

2013 - 40,522

22.2% increase from 2013 to 2014

StonyBrook at 214mil up from 180mil or 19%

Binghamton at 87mil up from 76 or 13%

Buffalo is LOADED at 624mil up from 554mil or 12%

I know there are endowments that are restricted and those that are not...

Our endowment needs to be bigger -- too bad the Nano split didn't have some unrestricted funds to go with it. On the other hand if they buy us a law school and medical school, well, all can be forgiven.

The one year return on the S&P500 was 17%. I'm not sure how it's invested, but I'm pretty confident it doesn't sit in a money market...

I would encourage everyone on this board to give --

It's true that a lot of endowment income is often from "large gifts", which at Albany aren't that large -- maybe $10k. And if alumni are in the habit of giving (at least *something*), then if and when they have more income or other windfall they are likely to give more.

Just my 2 cents...

Our endowment needs to be bigger -- too bad the Nano split didn't have some unrestricted funds to go with it. On the other hand if they buy us a law school and medical school, well, all can be forgiven.

The one year return on the S&P500 was 17%. I'm not sure how it's invested, but I'm pretty confident it doesn't sit in a money market...

I would encourage everyone on this board to give --

It's true that a lot of endowment income is often from "large gifts", which at Albany aren't that large -- maybe $10k. And if alumni are in the habit of giving (at least *something*), then if and when they have more income or other windfall they are likely to give more.

Just my 2 cents...

I agree with this statement so much. I've been giving for years. A little at first and more and more over the years. Still not a ton but it's what I can do. Wish I could give more and hopefully in the future I will be able to.

Little known fact on this board: My wife is also a UA grad. We met there and have been together ever since. :)

See you all tomorrow!