UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

I'll disagree with you on that Duke never really was a game. I think we were down 9 at half, and lost by 12, but we brought it to within 6 with 2-3 mins ago. Plumlee was scoring at will, but we just didn't hit shots at the end, and I think had a couple of sloppy TOs. I remember we had a chance to cut it to 3 several times. I was at the game, and remember a lot of energy etc.

Aside from Virginia, all of those games were very close. Even a 9-12 pt game, is only a few buckets.

Let this be a game where Lon Kruger has to think. Don't get blown out in the first few minutes as we did when last in Columbus (quickly down to Virginia 20-2). Duke was a game, but never really a game - if necessary Plumlee could score as he pleased.

Connecticut, Florida - those had fans involved (vs. Connecticut, the entire arena was yelling 'why not us'. Seeing Coaches Calhoun and Donovan on their knee drawing up plays - in the second half - to figure the Danes out: that's what we want to see this year.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll disagree with you on that Duke never really was a game. I think we were down 9 at half, and lost by 12, but we brought it to within 6 with 2-3 mins ago. Plumlee was scoring at will, but we just didn't hit shots at the end, and I think had a couple of sloppy TOs. I remember we had a chance to cut it to 3 several times. I was at the game, and remember a lot of energy etc.

Aside from Virginia, all of those games were very close. Even a 9-12 pt game, is only a few buckets.

Let this be a game where Lon Kruger has to think. Don't get blown out in the first few minutes as we did when last in Columbus (quickly down to Virginia 20-2). Duke was a game, but never really a game - if necessary Plumlee could score as he pleased.

Connecticut, Florida - those had fans involved (vs. Connecticut, the entire arena was yelling 'why not us'. Seeing Coaches Calhoun and Donovan on their knee drawing up plays - in the second half - to figure the Danes out: that's what we want to see this year.

Good points, I was there as well. I also remember John Puk missing 2 or 3 layups to start the game,

Update on St. Maarten Women's viewing is at Royal Palm pool bar. Royal Palm, unfortunately, doesn't have TRU TV on their lineup, so I believe we'll be at the SPN sports bar adjacent to Pineapple Pete restaurant. Sorry for all of these updates, but it's tough on the islands. Missed the 1st NYG superbowl in Guadaloupe (French), they'd never heard of the superbowl. Sacre Bleu!!

How long is your vacation?

Seriously... #ballastatusupinthisshizzle

Men's plane was delayed because of the crew's rest requirement

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-men-leave-for-ncaa-tournament-after-delay/20257/

The men landed just before 4:00

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-men-arrive-in-columbus-head-to-practice/20264/

Then the women are delayed because they have to wait for the men's plane to return from Columbus before it can fly them to Durham. At least the women got a practice in Albany today

http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-womens-basketball-also-delayed-on-ncaa-trip/20262/

I'm not much for Bible-quoting, but we can get some hope from there:

the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. - Ecclesiastes 9:11

(which means of course, that we might always catch a break)

Unfortunately there's the wisdom and experience of a man who's in the writer's wing of both the baseball and boxing Halls of Fame:

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet. - Damon Runyon