UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only wish I would have seen his back page cover at the corner store this morning, and not on the message board - would have been a cool surprise.

This will undoubtedly have an amazing impact on our school, both athletically, and in terms of school spirit, exposure. It's honestly insane. I understand how unique of a story it is, but it has really captivate the hearts of many - that we are not 6 days removed from it, and it's getting the back page of the Post is crazy.

Happy for the program, but more happy for Peter. There's never a silver lining in death, but to know at least that he has made an impact on others, brought more awareness to colon cancer, and been in the spotlight for WAY more than 15 minutes is amazing.

Hoping we can continue the fairy tale for at least 1 more game.

Looking at Oklahoma this year - it appears they have 3 losses to non-ranked teams:

They lost to KSU twice. Both times they put their best defender on Buddy Heild and held him in check - and a sharpshooter put in the dagger with a big 3 at the end of the game to win it.

The other loss was to Creighton. Creighton was down 18 at one point after shooting just 24% in the first half but got hot from the field and went on a late 24-4 run to take the lead. Oklahoma missed some free throws and a desperation 3 at the buzzer to fall short.

Lesson: Sanders on Heild and give Hooley or Singletary the ball at the end of the game and we have a shot.

if 3's are on the menu...I'd expect Wheeler might get some extended minutes...especially if he hits one early!!!

He said he normally likes to wait for good shots but if we do that we may get crushed so that we may take quicker shots and will need to hit the 3 and be confident. He mentioned Oklahoma played Weber I think earlier this year and was up 4- 49? Maybe I heard wrong.. not sure...

I don't consider the HS gym an issue. They just worked on sets, strategy. By now, having played ball for 10+ years like these kids have, they can shoot at any gym; muscle memory has long been achieved. Comfort is another thing, but it's not like they are going to forget what a 30ft 3pt line (or whatever it is in college) is.