UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

#3 Oklahoma vs. #14 Albany

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what...bad calls, couldn't box out, second chance points, etc., etc., and yet, with 35 seconds to go, we were within 5 and a shot to cut it to 3.

One word:

PROUD!!!!!!

Congratulations to the team, the coaches, and our seniors.

Great season... Sad that it's over. That was a great effort... That cousins three when we were down 6 really hurt,1 second on the clock.

Agree. And a lucky friggin shot it was. line drive.

Dissapointed with the number of offensive rebound we gave up. Imo the difference in the game.

Nothing you can do about that against a big team like that. My opinion and others might now agree but I don't think we can ever compete in the tourney coming out of the America East. Will always be playing a top 10 team. Yeah, it can happen but it is such a hard thing to do when the team you are playing is such a better group of athletes.

PROUD OF THE TEAM THOUGH!! VERY PROUD!

It's funny- years ago we would've been thrilled to lose by only 9 to a #3 seed. Now we just want the win. That's progress.

Fact! This is how mid-majors (or low majors) build their programs.

I really, really hope Will stays. If we give that man some more resources, and a revamped arena, I think we honestly are still just waking up as a giant, albeit a small giant. He can build on this...recruit some kids (we need a Sam replacement)...and keep taking it one more step.

Good effort, but the athletic, tall wide bodies will get you every time. They certain had a lot of opportunities to score and missed on quite a few. It was good to see that the

OK players were well coached and good sportsmen…just played hard. No woofing or in your face stuff. Proud of my Danes though. Saw my first game in 1970 at University Gym…Freshman year. D 3 and

Doc Sauers. They've come a long way!

It's funny- years ago we would've been thrilled to lose by only 9 to a #3 seed. Now we just want the win. That's progress.

I really, really hope Will stays. If we give that man some more resources, and a revamped arena, I think we honestly are still just waking up as a giant, albeit a small giant. He can build on this...recruit some kids (we need a Sam replacement)...and keep taking it one more step.

Exactly to both of you. Great to be a part of the tournament again.

This... This all day. Parlay this into another one or two better recruits. We should have a lot of access now. Just keep building. This program is on a great trajectory...

Great season... Sad that it's over. That was a great effort... That cousins three when we were down 6 really hurt,1 second on the clock.

Agree. And a lucky friggin shot it was. line drive.

Dissapointed with the number of offensive rebound we gave up. Imo the difference in the game.

Nothing you can do about that against a big team like that. My opinion and others might now agree but I don't think we can ever compete in the tourney coming out of the America East. Will always be playing a top 10 team. Yeah, it can happen but it is such a hard thing to do when the team you are playing is such a better group of athletes.

PROUD OF THE TEAM THOUGH!! VERY PROUD!

I'm not sure I agree, we are no longer wide-eyed new comers, do we need a little more to win one of these, yes, notably athleticism and size up front but this team and program is year in and year out well coached and prepared by this time of the year. This should open some doors on the recruiting trail...once you aren't a PIG, 16 or 15 seed, your chances increase dramatically to get a win.