UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown

Pikiell gets a 314,000 base plus $50,000 (paid with his base in 26 installments) annually for representing the college so it is actually $364,000

DI wins and NCAA appearances over past 3 Years

SBU 68 wins 0 NCAAs

UA 67 wins 3 NCAAs

UVM 60 wins 0 NCAAS

Edited by Patch

Pikiell gets a 314,000 base plus $50,000 (paid with his base in 26 installments) annually for representing the college so it is actually $364,000

SBU 68 wins 0 NCAAs

UA 67 wins 3 NCAAs

UVM 60 wins 0 NCAAS

I think that says it all.

SBU 68 wins 0 NCAAs

UA 67 wins 3 NCAAs

UVM 60 wins 0 NCAAS

Yeah...umm...that's having a program rolling!

I ediite

Will's Contract

Considering the address issue, I think this link should be removed...ASAP.

UA'08 also needs to edit his post.

I edited it, but not like it's going to stop people from viewing it on the the big apple buckets site. Shame on them for not completely taking it out even though it's public record. Good luck getting direct interviews from Brown now!

It's not just about the address. Like another said, just because it's public (the contract) doesn't mean we should be reading it...

It is what it is, another website posted it and people are going to look. I just personally chose not to although obviously I do know what they paid him last year. I don't feel I need to know the nitty gritty details or the man's working conditions. Not the end of the world...

UA's FOIL officer should be severely chastised for not using better redaction methods, but having that information available to the public is one of the conditions of employment in a public sector job. My personal take is that it is not up to us to determine what other people "should" or "should not" be reading, but by saying that we possibly open a censorship/First Amendment argument, and I don't think we have a forum for that!

We need a gofundme for a scoreboard.

"Better to aim for the stars and miss, than aim for a pile of $iena and hit."

I say we go big or go home...GoFundMe.com/NewSEFCUArena

:)

+1

We already have one:

http://www.albany.edu/giving/athletics.shtml

Just specify the donations is for a score board or SEFCU renovations.

Edited by MsGDG
  • Like 1

"Talks between UAlbany and Will Brown have been "very productive""

updated Thursday

http://sportsontherecord.blogspot.com/2015/03/talks-between-ualbany-and-will-brown.html?m=1

Varsity Letters

Record college sports reporter Laura Amato takes you off the sidelines and on the record with the latest updates from area teams in the 518.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Talks between UAlbany and Will Brown have been "very productive"

The coaching carousel is still spinning at UAlbany. That is, if it ever really started to begin with.

Just a few days after interviewing for open positions at both Fordham and George Mason, men's basketball coach Will Brown met with UAlbany athletic officials, including first-year athletic director Mark Benson, to discuss the future of the program and his own future on the sidelines.

As far as Brown is concerned, the talks have been going well.

"The talks with Albany have been very productive," Brown said on Thursday night. "Mark Benson and I are on the same page about wanting to grow and develop, continue to grow and develop the program, and try to reach newer heights."

Of course, the current success the Great Danes have been experiencing is almost entirely at the hands of Brown and the program he has built on Western Avenue.

This season marked Brown's 14th with the Danes and the third straight America East championship and NCAA berth for the squad. All five of UAlbany's trips to the NCAA Tournament have come with Brown at the team's helm.

It makes sense that other teams would come calling. In fact, this is not the first time that other squads have sought Brown, who is contracted with the Danes through the 2018 season, out. He interviewed with St. Bonaventure following the 2007 season. But still, the reigning America East Coach of the Year is focused on expanding the program he's built at UA and these recent talks with the athletic department have focused on just that.

"I think we have an understanding of the resources that are necessary to make that jump. I think were both excited about the future of our program," Brown said. "We both want to win. Thats my biggest thing. I just want us to continue to progress and make the program better, dont ever let it get stagnant."

Brown has not been shy in the past about voicing his hope for refurbished facilities at UAlbany and when Benson came into the department this summer there was some question as to whether or not he would transition the Danes into the CAA, joining the football team in the slightly higher conference.

Nothing is set in stone yet and Brown is keeping his options open.

But, at the end of the day, the most important thing for the veteran coach is what happens to the program he has helped build and the success he has helped cultivate.

"Thats really what Im looking to see," Brown said. "I want my staff taken care of and I want us to continue to invest in the program so we can make a natural progression that I would like us to make."

Edited by MsGDG

This is encouraging for the program. BUT. If Brown does decide to take a job elsewhere, are they still going to have the same plan for the future no matter who they bring in next?

"I think we have an understanding of the resources that are necessary to make that jump. I think were both excited about the future of our program," Brown said. "We both want to win. Thats my biggest thing. I just want us to continue to progress and make the program better, dont ever let it get stagnant."

I personally think that the Mark Benson is going to make it easier for Will to stay in Albany. Mr. Benson's strength in developing community involvement and fund raising as well as his vision for UAlbany athletics seem to mirror coaches (and the current board members). Hopefully they'll come to an agreement which will benefit the coach, fans and university. There hasn't been a better time to raise funds. UAlbany's name and story has never enjoyed more widespread recognition (Thank's Peter, RIP Sue). Maybe we should also set up a SH scholarship?