UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Brown

And, I might add, that I think the idea of donors bucking up 5 years worth of cash to keep Will is a great one...and a solid move by Buffalo for Hurley. The question remains: What does Will want, a big salary bump or more $$ for the program to get upgrades to make us even more appealing to top tier recruits.

For both jobs he is in the running, the schools have serious flaws. Fordham is well known as a career killer, crappy facilities, a fan base that is delusional, and horrible executive leadership when it comes to sports. There have been serious rumblings that leadership and the Board is considering a move the PL.

George Mason had a nice "lightening in a bottle" run...however their fan base is even more delusional, the Patriot Center is a ghost town even in great years (they average about 800-1000 fans more than us, and their place is more than double the size of SEFCU, so it is cricket like in the building), and they too are a State school with a limited budget. They are 28 games over .500 in their history, and have had only three winning coaches in history, including a one year spell by Rick Barnes.

Not exactly historical success at either school.

Agree that neither are extremely appealing, but certainly GMU has proven to be far more successful than Fordham as of late.

Like you said in another post, I really think that Brown is thinking big picture, and wants a complete package, willing to sacrifice certain aspects for strengthening others. It's not just about $$, imo.

Where is this info about the assistant's coming from? While I personally believe that every single person on that staff should get a raise for their efforts.

As for Will, excluding Hartford (private), he is the second highest paid coach in the AE with respect to base salary. Irrespective of cost of living in LI or Albany, he should still be made the highest paid coach in the AE...period.

I hope that Benson presents a plan to him that gives him various choices between salary increases, incentives, assistant increases, and minor upgrades to SEFCU while Benson starts his mission to gut the SEFCU, which is something I hear he really wants to do. Give some short term fixes to the SEFCU that could carry over into the next arena, including a Video Scoreboard.

Well said...

Sounds like he's staying

Edit: For 96's sake... I'm just skipping the nonsense, and getting straight to the outcome.

Sounds like he will do more than his share to make things work and stay at UA. He wants to stay

and we have a AD that will make it happen.

Have no idea how you arrived at this conclusion based on publicly available information.

Really interesting stuff about SEFCU as expected...awesome to hear regardless if he stays or goes.

What stuff about SEFCU? Cant listen now

Me neither, and by the time I get home I'll forget to check lol.

Sounds like he's staying

Edit: For 96's sake... I'm just skipping the nonsense, and getting straight to the outcome.

Sounds like he will do more than his share to make things work and stay at UA. He wants to stay

Have no idea how you arrived at this conclusion based on publicly available information.

The power of listening, instinct, and the fact that I don't bathe in paranoia like some....

I take it you've listened to the full interview now.

Brown won't leave UA for the likes of GMU. Certainly not for Fordham. It would take a big time program to lure him away.

The university hired Benson to elevate the athletics program. Unless we've made the biggest blunder in collegiate sports history,

Benson will retain Brown.

Really interesting stuff about SEFCU as expected...awesome to hear regardless if he stays or goes.

What stuff about SEFCU? Cant listen now

I think it's best if you listen on your own, there weren't any specifics. He just indicated that they had a 2 hour meeting today with Benson. That Benson has made it clear to him, and I paraphrase hopefully I'm not reading to much into it, that they are fully committed to providing the program all the resources they need to continue to grow including better facilities etc. Brown said that both Pres. Jones and Benson see it as a priority but it will take some time to lineup finances etc.

Scope as to what level of improvements was not discussed but he returned to it I believe once or twice and my impression was that it's a really high priority. My sense was that Brown knows something and is excited about it but maybe that's just me reading to much into it.

Edited by Clickclack

Sounds like he's staying

The power of listening, instinct, and the fact that I don't bathe in paranoia like some....

Brown won't leave UA for the likes of GMU. Certainly not for Fordham. It would take a big time program to lure him away.

The university hired Benson to elevate the athletics program. Unless we've made the biggest blunder in collegiate sports history,

You thinking he's staying, and you taking from that interview that he's staying are two different things. And instinct and paranoia have nothing to do with this - lol.. What instinct do you have? You have no idea about his financial situation, goals, and all the other factors. Did you guys discuss everything over tea? :blink:

No one is being paranoid that he is leaving. He is interviewing for two jobs. There's always the chance he leaves. That's not paranoia - that's reality.

I really liked listening to that interview. I really hope he stays and he even said at one point that he wants to stay but has to listen. Also said that Pres. Jones and Benson understand what the last 3 years and especially this year meant to the university as a whole, which was great to hear. I still can't believe he took over the program at 29 years old. Amazing.

I keep having this thought...as awesome as the last three years have been especially last year...we need to keep our feet on the ground. Not every year will end with an NCAA birth. Mid-major hoops is cyclical, hopefully we are up more then we are down but I don't think it's realistic to think that every single year we'll be 24 win team. If he does stay, gets the raise etc I hope he's in position to compete every year for the top of the AE realizing that he won't keep winning at this ridiculous pace especially if the AE as many think is going to be better.

Edited by Clickclack

Sounds like he's staying

You thinking he's staying, and you taking from that interview that he's staying are two different things. And instinct and paranoia have nothing to do with this - lol.. What instinct do you have? You have no idea about his financial situation, goals, and all the other factors. Did you guys discuss everything over tea? :blink:

No one is being paranoid that he is leaving. He is interviewing for two jobs. There's always the chance he leaves. That's not paranoia - that's reality.

Well no $iena.. don't get your panties in a bunch