UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Mark Benson

We should remember that it was Lee McElroy who lead the way for where UAlbany athletics is today. Mark Benson is the man who is taking the program to the next level. I am so impressed by Mark's work. He really has the Capital Region beginning to invest emotionally into the Great Danes. Emotional investment comes before financial investment. Mark, keep up the good work.

I give credit to Lee and the former president on getting us to D1, etc....but they REALLY dropped the ball with all of the things that Mark (and President Jones behind the scenes) is now fixing up and rectifying (such as major marketing campaigns - assisted of course by The Shot).

Maybe it's not fair to place the blame on them as maybe these areas (marketing, community engagement) weren't their strong suites/fortes...but Mr. Benson is a breath of fresh air and doing an awesome job. He definitely, without a doubt, seems to be more 'hip' and 'connected'.

As my millennial peers would say, "He be straight killin it #winning #success #onfleek" :D:P

Edited by Ilko

Benson will be on Wyland's radio show on Fox 980 at 11:35 today.

I missed this... if anyone has the link please post!

They have not posted it on their site. If they do it will be here but for some reason I doubt they will.

http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/rodger-wyland-1777/

They posted the link: http://www.foxsports980.com/onair/rodger-wyland-1777/university-at-albany-director-of-athletics-13424600/

Merchandising, Merchandising, Merchandising!

The team store website is still awful!

Speaking of the team store, I brought 4 people up with me on Saturday and all of them wanted to buy a purple shirt. Team store was closed before the biggest game of the year with the most fans? That was not good.

Speaking of the team store, I brought 4 people up with me on Saturday and all of them wanted to buy a purple shirt. Team store was closed before the biggest game of the year with the most fans? That was not good.

I think they was because it was AE champion shio game..they only had AE merchandise for sale...same thing for the women's game.

I think they was because it was AE champion shio game..they only had AE merchandise for sale...same thing for the women's game.

That is correct, the conference requested that.

Interesting that at the women's tournament in Bingo they were allowed to sell Bingo crap.