UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

LOL. My wife of 32 years still says "Albany State" and gets PO'd when I correct her. On the other hand, she is an Oneonta graduate so perhaps we should attend

this game. There's so many Oneonta grads around here that they could get a good crowd. Doesn't UB still play Buff State from time to time?

In my 4 years playing at Albany State, SUCE , Sunya, ASTC or whatever we were 6 - 2 with both losses at Oneonta. The Oneonta Coach was a PE teacher in the local school system and coach at HVCC which is probably the connection with Will. But I agree as a 15 year season ticket holder I am not looking forward to that game. Everything about it is negative for Albany. Better to give the kids a night off.

• Like 1

Bob Ford use to say and I'll paraphrase: we will play "anyone, anywhere," even if we have to play them on Western Ave (part of which is now named after him). Teams need to play, you can only practice so much. I for one have no problem with the Oneonta game and what it does or does not do for our rpi (which is pretty much a crock anyhow--when has UA EVER benefitted, even when it had a good/better rpi than someone else???) And don't kill me [my opinion only], I am glad to have another HOME game period.

Bob Ford use to say and I'll paraphrase: we will play "anyone, anywhere," even if we have to play them on Western Ave (part of which is now named after him). Teams need to play, you can only practice so much. I for one have no problem with the Oneonta game and what it does or does not do for our rpi (which is pretty much a crock anyhow--when has UA EVER benefitted, even when it had a good/better rpi than someone else???) And don't kill me [my opinion only], I am glad to have another HOME game period.

This game win or lose has zero impact on RPI. I believe only D1 games are counted.

Edited by Clickclack

I actually enjoy laugher games like this from time to time. As a fan, an edge-of-the-seat game is what being a fan is all about, but at the same time...I don't mind the games where I don't have to yell and can have fun with the referee's, etc.

This game will be a blowout by halftime is my guess...at which point Brown will start to clear the bench to give some of the other kids some playing times and only keep 1 or 2 upper classmen 'active' for the remainder of the game.

FWIW Oneonta was 13-13 last year, has three starters back, the biggest 6-3. They had freshmen 6-10 and 6-7 who didn't play much.

Their biggest active returner is 6-3? LOL This better be a beating...

One guy (Zuvic) is 6-4, played 24 games, 12 min/game, starting 2. He shot 3-pointers at 18.9% (7-37)

2014 Stats

2014 Roster

They got two somewhat local kids on their team...but yeah, this needs to be the most lopsided win in UA MBB history. I will not accept a mercy game :P. Yes, I'm ultra competitive, both as a fan and when I myself am on a field somewhere (I play in a few 'rec' leagues and nothing pisses me off more than people saying "We'll get em next game/inning". NO, get them NOW).

Edited by Ilko

Oneonta is where Coach Bassett got his start. It can't all be bad.

Maybe we could have some fun with this game. Bring back those old jerseys that said "State" on them and have a 70's night. Have Time Warner broadcast it in black and white and have some of the alumni doing "The Hustle" at halftime.

Oneonta is where Coach Bassett got his start. It can't all be bad.

Maybe we could have some fun with this game. Bring back those old jerseys that said "State" on them and have a 70's night. Have Time Warner broadcast it in black and white and have some of the alumni doing "The Hustle" at halftime.

I think you're talking more 50's, early 60's at the latest, there. Color TV was in by 1965 - you know, right after they stopped shoveling coal to heat the gym. I'm not dancing no matter what era you pick.