UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

disagree 100% with 2 for 1. Totally home and away or DON'T PLAY IT!

I suggest DP or someone set up the survey blog asap and send the results to Benson. I am confident 2 for 1 will come in a distant second to 1 for 1 or don't play. Some have suggested 2 for 1 is a "good" stepping stone. We are beyond baby steps. We are NOT the stepchild in the area any longer; we have proved our self over and over again. And don't give me the argument $iena still out draws us--their average continues to shrink, while ours grow.

We are a multi-sport successful school. If $iena could claim that also, I might give them some credence and admit to some concessions. Otherwise they should be begging us to play. We are a University, they are NOT. We have had teams in multiple sports contend for national championships, them not even close.

In an ideal world, we would continue to hold out for a true home and home and I myself advocate for it. But I think this has to be a progression, otherwise it will NOT be palatable to Siena and they will walk. Look at the screaming and howling going on now...It's clear neither programs wants this to end otherwise it would have. Next contract has to be a 1-1 or walk...

It's negotiations, their hold continues to slip while our position continues to improve. Keep putting them in the corner...this is a relatively short contract, 3 years, with two road games. I think it's a three year contract for a reason...TUC-SEFCU-TUC...guess where the next contract will start?

Take a longer view of it! How would you propose to equally split a three year contract?

Edited by Clickclack

Shouldn't we wait until we know what the contract is before we go crazy?

agree

If the 3rd game is a true neutral site game or if LCC has to pay a reasonable amount for the priviledge of playing it at the knick instead of the ridiculously small amounts they paid previously, I won't care .

After so many years in a row - this 3 year contract looks like this:

SEFCU / TUC / SEFCU (theres your 2-1)

Or at a minimum - SEFCU / TUC / TUC Nuetral Site (not in Siena ticket package)

Anything less than that is a walk. F $iena. They are not needed on the schedule. I would rather have a loss to a real team than a win to Siena

After so many years in a row - this 3 year contract looks like this:

SEFCU / TUC / SEFCU (theres your 2-1)

Or at a minimum - SEFCU / TUC / TUC Nuetral Site (not in Siena ticket package)

Anything less than that is a walk. F $iena. They are not needed on the schedule. I would rather have a loss to a real team than a win to Siena

If it is a stepping stone that some of you think we need then it should look like this:

TUC (Nuetral Site) / TUC (Nuetral Site) / TUC (Nuetral Site)

This way the revenue is 100% split and the most amount of fans make it to the game. No more Siena Season pass holders getting the best seats simply because they support a crappy program.

In all honesty, remove the Siena game from our schedule and what game do our local fans have to be excited about? NJIT? C'mon. Rivalries are very healthy for a program.

Agreed, so do it in a way that's fair and equitable and stop letting ego get in the way. We've been more than accommodating over the past decade+.

I'm not sure I like it. We lose out on the money that we were being paid even if it's not much. And like I said earlier be careful what you wish for. You may see more green in sefcu than you would think. Would have axed the series. Now we are playing a free road game with nothing in return.

Won't happen... We limit their tickets to 500 seats max... They will get one section... Behind their bench. Just let it play out... What would you have rather done? Play all games there...? Cancel wasn't an option I don't think.

No, not behind their bench! Put them in the farthest corner of the arena and make them sit in the crappiest seats in the house, just like we have had to do for the duration. Make those of their fans who do attend feel like we have.

• Like 1

So if its a home and home, plus an Albany based tournament with both schools hosting, doesn't that sound like the absolute best scenario? Sounds pretty good to me. Keeps the rivalry, maybe brings some other teams to town, focuses more of a spotlight on the teams. Win win.

Don't blame you guys for wanting this game. I blame our AD (John D'Argenio) for agreeing to it. But that's obviously not your problem.

Here's to a good three year series. After that who knows.

It will be funny if Siena fans scoop up 2500-3000 tickets and paint SEFCU Green and Gold :D

No way for UAlbany to really prevent that from happening. How are they going to know who is buying the tickets?

Crazy Tournament Idea for 2017:

Capital District vs. Western NY - Siena-UAlbany vs. Buffalo-St. Bonaventure

or

Capital District vs. Downstate NY - Siena-UAlbany vs. Hofstra or Fordham or Columbia or Wagner or St. Francis

I just think make a all NY affair that year