UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home Opener: vs. Rhode Island

I have to agree with dyslink for the first time. The uniforms were a disappointment. The numbers were invisible. Poorly designed by someone who never went to a football game. The gray uniforms are like the men's bb grays. just plan ugly. Everyone around us said the same thing--I hope they got them for free because n.o one would pay for them.

Agreed, I gave my opinion when the unis were announced. Must be a generational thing

Let's be honest, they are freakin butt ugly. Who the $iena made that decision?

But it was a good ass whoopin on uri.

I have to agree with dyslink for the first time. The uniforms were a disappointment. The numbers were invisible. Poorly designed by someone who never went to a football game. The gray uniforms are like the men's bb grays. just plan ugly. Everyone around us said the same thing--I hope they got them for free because n.o one would pay for them.

Agreed, I gave my opinion when the unis were announced. Must be a generational thing

I disagree...I don't have a strong opinion one way or another but I disagree with butt ugly!

A couple of gripes from the game (unrelated to signs). The volume of the music and PA system (not the announcer but the guy who does the promotions) is excessive. People young and old

were literally plugging their ears in sec 205. Come on folks, no need to deafen the audience. Secondly, I think they need to ban umbrellas from the games. There were many people in the

upper deck using umbrellas. It's one thing to have a small umbrella that you hold low over your head and it's something else entirely to use golf umbrellas in the stands and hold them up

as if you're standing all alone in the middle of the 4th fairway. Two college age boys were doing exactly that a few rows in front of us and I had to (politely) ask them to put them down. The umbrellas

completely blocked 80% of the field view. Totally oblivious to the other fans and completely lacking in courtesy. Buy a poncho.buy a rain jacket..or get wet.

Yep, I'm also in 205 and I even yelled at the field to turn that dude down. The girls voice was too high pitched and it hurt, now this guy is just too loud. The music was also bad at some points.

Too loud. And they played over the band at one point.

More band. Less music

Put a mic in front of the band. Or move them to the other side.

Did I mention.....MORE BAND!

Edited by danefan

Wow. this thread is just filled with complaints. I was expecting to come read about the game and how well the team played. :)

Really you're surprised? I knew everyone was going to complain about one thing or another they always do heh.

Look at them over there...mad at everything...how dare they...

You'd think someone kicked your cat...

Edited by Clickclack

A couple of gripes from the game (unrelated to signs). The volume of the music and PA system (not the announcer but the guy who does the promotions) is excessive. People young and old

were literally plugging their ears in sec 205. Come on folks, no need to deafen the audience. Secondly, I think they need to ban umbrellas from the games. There were many people in the

upper deck using umbrellas. It's one thing to have a small umbrella that you hold low over your head and it's something else entirely to use golf umbrellas in the stands and hold them up

as if you're standing all alone in the middle of the 4th fairway. Two college age boys were doing exactly that a few rows in front of us and I had to (politely) ask them to put them down. The umbrellas

completely blocked 80% of the field view. Totally oblivious to the other fans and completely lacking in courtesy. Buy a poncho.buy a rain jacket..or get wet.

Yep, I'm also in 205 and I even yelled at the field to turn that dude down. The girls voice was too high pitched and it hurt, now this guy is just too loud. The music was also bad at some points.

Too loud. And they played over the band at one point.

More band. Less music

Put a mic in front of the band. Or move them to the other side.

Did I mention.....MORE BAND!

You complain a lot! How dare you...

As for me, I understand we are a work in progress. I respect the opinion of those who post about things the game day experience can improve on. It's a steady march towards a great fan experience, we aren't there yet but what I saw Saturday was another great step forward.

My hope is that someone from the University looks at this board from time to time to get a sense of the pulse from the people most passionate about this program. There are some good suggestions here. While some take everything very personally, I don't think the intent or comments here are meant to be mean spirited or a running referendum on the worth and competencies of all athletic department staff. The school is being inventive, trying new things, I for one command them for it even if the execution has some room to grow.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

I disagree...I don't have a strong opinion one way or another but I disagree with butt ugly!

Ok, maybe not butt ugly... how about rosie o'donnell ugly?

Why dark grey is all I ask? Wouldn't deep dark black have been a better choice?

Wow. this thread is just filled with complaints. I was expecting to come read about the game and how well the team played. :)

Really you're surprised? I knew everyone was going to complain about one thing or another they always do heh.

It's the Internet. The only place that complains more than my grandmother after she was served a bad piece of fish.

Evidently I'm the jerk. I had a different post typed up initially but I'll just profusely apologize instead. lol.

Ok, maybe not butt ugly... how about rosie o'donnell ugly?

Why dark grey is all I ask? Wouldn't deep dark black have been a better choice?

I think these jersey's should be our full-time jersey's and we can finally ditch the 1969 look. These are far from butt ugly...more like they are pretty damn sexy (if there is such a thing when speaking about jersey's).

I think it's healthy for regular fans to make suggestions and air complaints. I've been going to football games for 45 years and have had season tickets at BoFo since they opened. So it's not

like I showed up at my first game and came away with a barrel of complaints. A gentle email to the facilities folks should not ruffle too many feathers and typically those in charge tend to like to hear what's not working right. So I emailed them. Here's a true story: Opening day of BoFo we went to the game carrying our newly purchased stadium seats. As we neared the stadium we saw a steady stream of folks going in the opposite

direction carrying similar seats. I asked one and they said that they were turning them away at the gate. So I trudged back to the car and then we went into the stadium. You may remember that there was a lot of

athletic department presence there the first game or two. When we got into the stadium a fellow in a U Albany shirt (30-40YO) asked pleasantly how things were going and if we were having a good time. Told him what had happened and that I was not happy about it. He assured me that they were not supposed to be keeping stadium chairs out and that it was probably just opening day misinformation at the gates. Having said that, he told us to

wait where we were at the bottom of our steps up to 205. He comes back with 2 of the heavy duty purple stadium seats with the split U Albany on the back. We thanked him profusely and asked where we should return them

after the game. He said keep them! So they made good on an error, found out about the problem and left 2 happy patrons. So let them know if something is amiss. Turns out the ones we bought were crap and could not be used anyway due to their attachment system. So we returned them to Dick's. I felt bad about getting a couple of free chairs so we donated money to the Football program to make up for them. Incidentally, if you don't have them, they make all the difference in the world in enjoying the game in comfort.

FInally…I think we need more cowbell!

• Like 2