UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Spud Kruzan Stadium?

My Freshman year was 1970 and Spud was a fixture around the PE building. I seem to remember him taking care of the equipment too and towels, swimming trunks, etc. But I could be wrong. You

always saw him at the games. Reminded me of my Dad with the crew cut.

My guess was bank too, especially seeing that 2nd word is significantly shorter than the first. My vote was for Niagra Bank which seems to be growing quite a bit on this area. But, I guess it's not a bank.

I tried doing a Google search for top business in this area that have a two word company name and the second word being short (such as bank) but had little luck.

I don't own a local car dealership I would guess they don't have the resources.

According to one source the average naming rights deal for a football stadium is $800k. Since we're FCS we'll be lower but it has to be worth $400k a year, right? A dealership can't afford that cost.

It's none of the guesses, but serious local ties...only know because I work with a FAMILY member involved...so FAMILY is the key reference...great for UA...

Is it the Massry family again (business building)?

Isn't Price Chopper owned by a family? Big local presence...two words...

Golub family owns it...but chopper is too long for 2nd word in the image.

-----------

Family Danz? Is that it?

Edited by Ilko

It's none of the guesses, but serious local ties...only know because I work with a FAMILY member involved...so FAMILY is the key reference...great for UA...

Is it the Massry family again (business building)?

Isn't Price Chopper owned by a family? Big local presence...two words...

Golub family owns it...but chopper is too long for 2nd word in the image.

-----------

Family Danz? Is that it?

My best guess is Stewart's...their legal name is Stewart's Shops short second word

Based on Danstep's comment, I think the second word is going to be "Family".

This opens up a huge can of "who can it be". If it is not an enterprise...i'd presume the family has huge bucks because there is no reason to "advertise" your family name for the amount it probably cost, unless you have buckets of cash lying around.

Longest serving Family businesses in the area:

Fitzgerald Brother's Beverage

Rifenburg Companies (large construction firm with HQ in Troy).

Ross Valve

Phillips Hardware

Curtis Lumber

The Daily Gazette

The Desmond Hotel

Stewart's Shops

Chobani (graduate of UA, plants are not in Albany...but close enough).

The aforementioned Car Dealers, like Fuccillo.

Hearst Corporation (Hearst Family)

SI Group (Wallace Family)

Alpen Haus

The United Companies (student housing).

Size-wise, the Riffenburg Companies, SI Group, Fucclilo, Stewarts, Chobani, the Hearst Family,Desmond, Curtis and the Gazette are big enough in revenues to support that kind of cash outlay. Alpen Haus is a big spend business (meaning customers spend big bucks) but I'm not sure they make enough to justify that kind of spend. The United Companies would be interesting because of their connection to student housing. The last name is Uccellini, which would certainly fit in that covering we see in the photo.

Edited by Dane96

There is one car dealership that could probably afford the naming rights:

"IT'S HUGE" Stadium ... .

Please no. Every day I see those commercials I wish that dude would lose his voice. Not to mention that he's a cocaine importing Stony Brook or whatever.