UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Definitely CAS*Y...Casey would make sense. Who is that or who are they?

Still think it is COSBY...(with "Billy" instead of "Bill" as a result of an image rebrand.)

"Bill" is accused of doing some bad things to women.

"Billy" is an athletics loving philanthropist that cares about mid-major schools.

these are just regular people that you wont know....in memory of so to speak, its the donor that you will know...it is a family thing....and I pray the $$$ is right cuz its BILLY HUGE!!!! :D

Not sure the donation amount will be announced...perhaps will need a FOIL request. This thread is one for the ages...BTW, if Billy's face ever ended up on the stadium, I'd probably have to stop going. Maybe they could get the girl announcer from two years ago to scream HUUUUGGGGGGah at every break in the action...

Definitely CAS*Y...Casey would make sense. Who is that or who are they?

Still think it is COSBY...(with "Billy" instead of "Bill" as a result of an image rebrand.)

"Bill" is accused of doing some bad things to women.

"Billy" is an athletics loving philanthropist that cares about mid-major schools.

Good stuff!

Does John Fallon have a son named Casey?

these are just regular people that you wont know....in memory of so to speak, its the donor that you will know...it is a family thing....and I pray the $$$ is right cuz its BILLY HUGE!!!! :D

Not sure the donation amount will be announced...perhaps will need a FOIL request. This thread is one for the ages...BTW, if Billy's face ever ended up on the stadium, I'd probably have to stop going. Maybe they could get the girl announcer from two years ago to scream HUUUUGGGGGGah at every break in the action...

... and after every huugahhh first down.

Since most of us are out of state and at work and it's being announced at 2 can you let us know at 2? The news media will lag an hour or more if we wait for them.

Sure it'll be on Twitter within the first minute.. as I believe news outlets are going to be covering live. TWC News had a piece on it this morning..re: the announcement.

Since most of us are out of state and at work and it's being announced at 2 can you let us know at 2? The news media will lag an hour or more if we wait for them.

MEDIA ADVISORY: Follow @UAlbanyNews today at 2 p.m. for an important announcement regarding #UAlbany Athletics

I have no clue but this has been one of the more entertaining threads we've had in a while.

By the way, I think Billy Fuccillo played football for Syracuse. I can't imagine him associating with us. Plus, that sign his waaay too small for him. It wouldn't be a sign anyway for Fuccillo, it would just be his face up on the stadium.

It's HUUUUUGGGGGAAAH. Man I hate that stupid thing. WTF does 'huge' have to do with selling cars? Huge deals? Ok. "We'll make you hugggahhhh" WTF does that mean?

That girl would be MAJOR suck if she had to scream that.

The picture on twitter looks like "CAS NY Stadium." Is there a CASNY family or organization with Albany ties?

I thought the same thing...that's why I said it's definitely CAS*Y...not sure what the fourth letter is but E definitely makes sense.

Edited by Ilko

Good grief...the anticipation is so high right now...I'm gonna burst. Well done by the AD to drum up this much curiosity and interest. They managed to turn this into a 10 page thread on this message board and most folks are dying to learn what this is all about. Talk about suspense...

Lets point out that the university has an entire group of people who do fundraising. If this is a very large donation, which it sounds like it, I'm sure it was going on prior to Mark's arrival. He deserves a ton of credit for turn around on the athletics, but credit will likely be due to the foundation and fundraising staff that have been working this for years (assuming that if its this big, its something that takes years to development and agree to).

Edited by MsGDG

Good grief...the anticipation is so high right now...I'm gonna burst. Well done by the AD to drum up this much curiosity and interest. They managed to turn this into a 10 page thread on this message board and most folks are dying to learn what this is all about. Talk about suspense...

Lets point out that the university has an entire group of people who do fundraising. If this is a very large donation, which it sounds like it, I'm sure it was going on prior to Mark's arrival. He deserves a ton of credit for turn around on the athletics, but credit will likely be due to the foundation and fundraising staff that have been working this for years (assuming that if its this big, its something that takes years to development and agree to).

While true it's also possible that he was the 'missing piece' that sealed the deal and after they saw the work he's been doing they said, "You know what? It's time. Let's pay UAlbany!"

Credit goes to everyone :)

While true it's also possible that he was the 'missing piece' that sealed the deal and after they saw the work he's been doing they said, "You know what? It's time. Let's pay UAlbany!"

Credit goes to everyone

I'm sure its a lot more complicated than that. Either way it will be an exciting time. :)

Edited by MsGDG