UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

By the way, the $10M the stadium is throwing off is only part of the revenue stream. Add in naming rights for luxury boxes, bearm, etc.

Sure there are operating costs but if you bought a $18k car and someone gave you $10k you'd think that's a damn good deal.

It's like saying sure I got $10k for the car but I still have to pay for gas. Still an amazing deal.

• Like 1

Not to mention that the field house will last, what, a good 20 years? It's not going to be used as much as SEFCU/etc. so if you consider 2 naming rights deals, it'll pretty much be paid for by just the naming rights deals (if they are say $10M) by the end of it's lifetime...even BEFORE state money.

(if I'm following ya'lls conversation correctly)

Not to mention that the field house will last, what, a good 20 years? It's not going to be used as much as SEFCU/etc. so if you consider 2 naming rights deals, it'll pretty much be paid for by just the naming rights deals (if they are say $10M) by the end of it's lifetime...even BEFORE state money.

(if I'm following ya'lls conversation correctly)

Why 20 years...the filed-house can stand indefinitely if I'm not mistaken if normal maintenance and upkeep is done.

I mean it's legit construction etc.

SportformLead.jpg

Youngstown%20State%20Field%20House%202.j

MA_7506046_Wesley_A_Brown_Field_House_00

How about a plan for building a new gym for students/faculty and turning the current one into space for Pregame/Halftime?

Maybe build a gym in the Campus Center? Haven't been there in ages, but could that work?

A gym is part of the campus center plan in the master plan document that was linked above (page 104, #18). According to the map, it looks like it's going into the part of the campus center that is currently under construction (the campus center side closer to Fuller Rd.).

Edited by Ilko

We need exactly what YSU build for a field house except a little more room for some bleachers for hosting high school indoor track meets (community...community...community).

The nets installed from the ceiling allow for lacrosse to practice in there as well and for people to use the track at the same time.

It's probably the most bang for our buck at this point.

Cost was $14m in Ohio though.

http://www.ysusports.com/information/facilities/watts

Edited by danefan
  • Like 1

We need exactly what YSU build for a field house except a little more room for some bleachers for hosting high school indoor track meets (community...community...community).

The nets installed from the ceiling allow for lacrosse to practice in there as well and for people to use the track at the same time.

If the master plan document is to be believed...it's near the top in terms of priority. Not only to be used as swing space but also the program needs the space. Especially in the NorthEast.

RPI'S Field house was a World War II quonset hut in Connecticut that was disassembled and moved to Troy almost 70 years ago.

A FH as in the master plan designed for indoor track and recreation wouldn't get $10M for naming rights because it won't be used much for public events, so won't be as useful for advertising a business. Anybody who WANTS to give $10M can get anything they want named after them.

University Gym was designed to serve 6000 on-campus students of a total 10K enrollment. The FH is to make up rec space for a school almost twice its original size.

High school track meets, high school practice (when free), indoor lacrosse center, indoor soccer, etc. So, so many uses. This would be a gem for the school and community.

Danefan is spot on.

High school track meets, high school practice (when free), indoor lacrosse center, indoor soccer, etc. So, so many uses. This would be a gem for the school and community.

Danefan is spot on.

So why would a facility like this garner no $$ for naming rights?

Danefan is spot on.

It would, just probably not $10M is what I think he meant. More like $1/2M maybe.

Raise the roof... a few less seats (one side only) and lengthen it for full lax matches...and boom, this is what you need.

BU's indoor track. I remember when they built this thing...I lived up the block.

http://beynonsports.com/en/media/news-and-press-releases/beynon-selected-to-upgrade-boston-university's-indoor-track-and-tennis-center

• Like 1

Raise the roof... a few less seats (one side only) and lengthen it for full lax matches...and boom, this is what you need.

BU's indoor track. I remember when they built this thing...I lived up the block.

http://beynonsports.com/en/media/news-and-press-releases/beynon-selected-to-upgrade-boston-university's-indoor-track-and-tennis-center

And it can probably be built in not that long of a time frame.

BTW, can you check your private message? Thanks :)

Danefan is spot on.

It absolutely would. I disagree with UA72. I think this is a bigger community center than Casey Stadium because of the track. Profile-wise...not as high because even with seats...not the same amount of seats.

If it were me, I would seek $4-5 million for SEFCU, $1.5-2 million for the Field House, $500k - $1mm for the track; $250-$500k for Field Hockey. Then you still have naming rights for the locker room (football, basketball, lacrosse); the tower at Casey Stadium; the Niagara Berm, and eventually the new football / athletic administration center.

Lot's left out there.