UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Always excuses... We are trying to get up to speed in the caa...we are young... Blah blah blah.. 3rd year in the caa and you can't find any talent to put out there? Nothing... Can't find one kid that isn't complete garbage to sling the ball a little. Who's the recruiting coordinator of this titanic? Start with firing that joker...Just forfeit the rest of the year and start recruiting now. I expect high turnover this year, 70% of these kids need to be recruited over.

This post would make MaineJeff so happy, or whatever his name is.

• Like 1

I don't understand our defense. We are playing back off the line and getting absolutely killed in the flats. Over and over and over again.

Crook is atrocious. Gattuso better come to his sense or I'm going to fly a fire Gattuso banner like Jets fans were doing for Idzik. I'm kidding, but I'm pissed. What a disaster of a game.

b

I've been saying "Gattuso needs to come to his senses" for weeks. Why is he so intent on keeping a QB who is not producing? Even if his back ups are not ready, they can't be worse. Smh!!

I don't understand our defense. We are playing back off the line and getting absolutely killed in the flats. Over and over and over again.

Crook is atrocious. Gattuso better come to his sense or I'm going to fly a fire Gattuso banner like Jets fans were doing for Idzik. I'm kidding, but I'm pissed. What a disaster of a game.

b

I've been saying "Gattuso needs to come to his senses" for weeks. Why is he so intent on keeping a QB who is not producing? Even if his back ups are not ready, they can't be worse. Smh!!

Gasp... What if they are?

Rewatching some of this game. Crook is an easy tartget to pick on. But let's talk about that turnstile offensive line. Crook sacked 5 times... They have no ability to pus the d line off the line of scrimmage. No one has any room to run. They are getting abused in the trenches. Watch the film... It's horrendous. It's part of the reason we had 5 rushing yards. I'm sure it's having a negative impact on crook as well. This o line is horrendous.

Edited by Clickclack

b

Then that's some F'd up sh*t and heads should roll--starting w/Gattuso.

We suck.

Some fan behind me just said to give the money back cause it's a curse lol.

You definitely sit in front of me because that was me LOL.

To go out and lay an egg like this in front of the biggest crowd they will see all year and after the big donation build-up is inexcusable. It appears the HC game was not an aberration. They have a lot of injuries, a lot of players starting who should not be starting yet and lots of coaching issues. How can you not get eaten up when your DBs are playing 5-10 yards off of their men? THey were playing without Senn today and that hurthe's a good lineman and great at pulling. Crook continues to regress. He does not look comfortable, takes too much time (or the patterns take too long to develop) and really does not have a good college arm. Another great catch by Roberson is the only reason they were not shut out. What frosts me is that the opposing QB is ALWAYS better than our QB and today, a one win team had 2 QBs that were better than our starter. 2016 season anyone??

Hah cool. That was a funny comment by you. I resorted to entertaining myself and hopefully a fan or two around us with my comments lol.

b

Then that's some F'd up sh*t and heads should roll--starting w/Gattuso.
See... That's the problem. I see a very low quality of talent. Who that is redshirted is gonna come in and be a difference maker? So next year will be spots of shirted kids and more of this untalented bunch. Again rb and wr will he OK...the o line, d line secondary. Not one standout. Linebackers will he OK. So many gapping holes... To early to get after gattuso but another season like this one and the mascot may not get a chance to hit the field if you get my drift. Gattuso needs to accept responsibility for this disaster. The seat temp is slowly going up. Edited by Clickclack

I think clickclack and I share an emotional cycle.

After the JMU game I went all Pollyanna on the team, thinking they just needed some more in-game experience and the youngsters would lead this program to new heights.

Then an NEC Duquesne team came for a visit and shut down the run, and never had to fear the pass. I watched the UA team sleep-walk through a first half against an NEC program that UAlbany's coach left 11 years ago for greener pastures...finding success, and then taking over Albany's program because of its supposed potential. Moves like that imply that UA should be a big step up in level of play, but the results didn't seem to match.

Then the team went to Holy Cross and got killed. Holy Freaking Cross...and got killed. No program with "national championship" aspirations should be going to Worcester,MA and getting shellacked, even if they are upset that their star receiver put himself in trouble's way and got suspended.

And then UA hosted Maine on a beautiful day, where the parking lots were filled with pre-game revelers, and the program just received a tremendous donation...and they got whitewashed. Luckily I had other plans, so I got to leave early, but I saw one play that summed up my thoughts on the program's process: Maine ran the ball on a sideline route and the UA tackler dragged the Maine player forward 8 yards before bringing him down...8 freaking yards forward!?!?!?

I know it is Gattuso's second year, and that expectations were higher after last year's turnaround, but today's game was a total $iena-show, plain and simple. Next year's class better bring in some impact players, because it gets late early in college football.

One friend at the game said that he thought teams usually scheduled "cupcakes" for Homecoming...I told him Albany did!

What gives???

Edited by haggyland

Crook isn't the only issue, yes, but it's not necessarily all on the line too. It's possible he's getting sacked cause his awareness is non existent. He locks into receivers too much. I remember one sack he took was because he was slow to move to option 2 and 3. He's terrible, but the line is not helping him by covering up his mistakes with good protection.

• Like 1

We blew a great opportunity to impress casual fans. I went to park at 3pm and the parking area in the Dutch quad teacher lot which is almost empty on usual game days was COMPLETELY packed. I circled for a few minutes before finding a spot. What a waste.

We blew a great opportunity to impress casual fans. I went to park at 3pm and the parking area in the Dutch quad teacher lot which is almost empty on usual game days was COMPLETELY packed. I circled for a few minutes before finding a spot. What a waste.

Loses happen but this was far more than a loss... Hc was bad, this was worse in spades. They literally can't compete with anyone. I don't know if there is another d1 they can beat. They have lost all confidence, they don't believe in each other or themselves. Like haggy said, they were sound asleep during the duaquene game... I mean absolute no life.

This reflects extremely poorly on gattuso. They are not playing for him even with limited talent. #programtitanic

Edited by Clickclack