UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Kentucky 11/13

Yup. Not a bad showing at all. Hit free throws and clean up the dumb turnovers and that might've been a game late. Also, couldn't buy a 3 pointed. Was it an oh-fer night from 3?

I think Singletary will be the best player on this team at the end of the year and a possible POY candidate. Driving and scoring on Kentucky like that was awesome.

Yup. Not a bad showing at all. Hit free throws and clean up the dumb turnovers and that might've been a game late. Also, couldn't buy a 3 pointed. Was it an oh-fer night from 3?

I think Singletary will be the best player on this team at the end of the year and a possible POY candidate. Driving and scoring on Kentucky like that was awesome.

We hit one three.

Bad: 1-14 threes, 14-22 FT, 26 fouls (expected on the road), only four assists

Good: only 14 turnovers against the vaunted KU press and length vs. 19 for KU; 11 offensive RB vs. 12 for Kentucky, 9 steals vs. 6 for KU

Never really got close enough to make 'em sweat, but a good effort.

MSGDG, I was wondering if they should've done a "Hoosiers" and make sure the rims were 10 feet high, don't know why we shot so poorly even when uncontested

My take on the game:

I thought Evan was great attacking the basket but pretty terrible jump shooting. Seemed like he was never 'set' on his shot.

I thought Sanders played like garbage pretty much the entire game. I know it's UK and all, but come on. Dude was chuckin up bricks to the point that I almost wanted to start calling him Kobe. Had 1 or 2 shots blocked.

Richard Peters looked great. Charles too. Both move good for bigger guys.

What happened to our FT shooting? We were one of the best in the nation last year, no?

I have zero worries about AE play...we'll be fine.

Oh and as mentioned before...we had a better showing than LCC. Good night all around. Did anyone see the graphic of the 3 NCAA tourneys losses? All have been 12 points or less and this one was 13. We're no longer getting blown out by these elite teams by 30-40...we keep it somewhat respectable.

....I thought Sanders played like garbage pretty much the entire game. I know it's UK and all, but come on. Dude was chuckin up bricks..... llko

llko cut Sanders some slack he only played 17 min.

OK he was 0-5 from the floor but he had no turnovers, I thought offensively he wasn't assertive enough

I think we are going to be fine with Andrews and Cremo coming off the bench.

What happened to our FT shooting? We were one of the best in the nation last year, no?

Good point. We make a few more free throws, and it's a single digit game. First game of the season against much stronger athletes - I'm sure things will fall into place. We know CB well enough by now.

S$

My take on the game:

I thought Evan was great attacking the basket but pretty terrible jump shooting. Seemed like he was never 'set' on his shot.

I thought Sanders played like garbage pretty much the entire game. I know it's UK and all, but come on. Dude was chuckin up bricks to the point that I almost wanted to start calling him Kobe. Had 1 or 2 shots blocked.

Richard Peters looked great. Charles too. Both move good for bigger guys.

Oh and as mentioned before...we had a better showing than LCC. Good night all around. Did anyone see the graphic of the 3 NCAA tourneys losses? All have been 12 points or less and this one was 13. We're no longer getting blown out by these elite teams by 30-40...we keep it somewhat respectable.

that is expected now and there are far bigger goals each season than just being better than them :)

• Like 2

Just wondering if I missed anything happening to Dallas. He only played a few minutes last night. I don't even remember him being in.

We noticed that too but before the season GDG and I had chatted about who wouldn't get time...who on the bench wouldn't play. I mean someone is gonna have to sit, maybe a returner. Surprisingly it was Dallas who got little time. Maybe he just wasn't as fast as some of the newer players? Maybe we'll see him in games where we aren't being pressed. I'm sure it will become clearer after a few games what Brown's plan is for him.

Edited by MsGDG
  • Like 1

Just wondering if I missed anything happening to Dallas. He only played a few minutes last night. I don't even remember him being in.

We noticed that too but before the season GDG and I had chatted about who wouldn't get time...who on the bench wouldn't play. I mean someone is gonna have to sit, maybe a returner. Surprisingly it was Dallas who got little time. Maybe he just wasn't as fast as some of the newer players? Maybe we'll see him in games where we aren't being pressed. I'm sure it will become clearer after a few games at Brown's plan is for him.

Yeah, Dallas looked not quick at all. He may be all right in most of the rest of our games, but not last night.

The numbers I quoted last night were from an early Yahoo box. Actual TOs were 15-20. Only losing rebounds 28-34 isn't bad. The other stat that stood out was zero blocks to their 8, no surprise there.

I really can't stand these SEC announcers.

+1

They kept saying so and so was "a one and gone" about several different players and several others who should have been "one and gone"; but had to bide their time because Kentucky was so deep. I for one do not think this is something that should be bragged about (my opinion/prejudice) in COLLEGE sports.

Anyhow, UA played well, except for 1-14 from three. Of course Kentucky had a lot to due with our poor shooting. I liked Calapari's comment , " if Albany made any shots" they would have beaten us.

Will not happen of course, but if we play with the same intensity all year, we should beat everyone else on our schedule???

• Like 1

We noticed that too but before the season GDG and I had chatted about who wouldn't get time...who on the bench wouldn't play. I mean someone is gonna have to sit, maybe a returner. Surprisingly it was Dallas who got little time. Maybe he just wasn't as fast as some of the newer players? Maybe we'll see him in games where we aren't being pressed. I'm sure it will become clearer after a few games at Brown's plan is for him.

Yeah, Dallas looked not quick at all. He may be all right in most of the rest of our games, but not last night.

The numbers I quoted last night were from an early Yahoo box. Actual TOs were 15-20. Only losing rebounds 28-34 isn't bad. The other stat that stood out was zero blocks to their 8, no surprise there.

I do not know if it is still the case, but @ the P&G scrimmage Brown did say Dallas was one of the guys trying to fight through an injury.

Edited by dslyank

Some things are universal.

From the UK forum: " The SEC has the worst refs in the history of basketball and I ain't exaggerating"

When one of their fans posted "we are getting killed off the dribble and pick and rolls..That slow white guy is making circus shots and we have no one that can guard him. " I only wondered "which one?" but later it was clear they were talking about Hooley.

• Like 1

....I thought Sanders played like garbage pretty much the entire game. I know it's UK and all, but come on. Dude was chuckin up bricks..... llko

llko cut Sanders some slack he only played 17 min.

OK he was 0-5 from the floor but he had no turnovers, I thought offensively he wasn't assertive enough

I think we are going to be fine with Andrews and Cremo coming off the bench.

Can't cut him slack, regardless of minutes. He was pretty bad last night.

He faded into oblivion in the 2nd half, but in the first 10 minutes of the first half he was controlling the offense (I think all 5 of his shots were in that span), not moving the ball as well, etc. He even brought the ball up once or twice if I recall. One of his layups was as bad as the one against SB. Just ugly. I'm not going to sugar coat it...as our third best player, this needs to be an aberation. I'm hoping it is.

Some things are universal.

From the UK forum: " The SEC has the worst refs in the history of basketball and I ain't exaggerating"

When one of their fans posted "we are getting killed off the dribble and pick and rolls..That slow white guy is making circus shots and we have no one that can guard him. " I only wondered "which one?" but later it was clear they were talking about Hooley.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in my post.

The rules. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I know they are new and everyone is trying to figure them out but some of them were so ticky tacky I would have ran that ref off the floor if it happened at SEFCU with my heckling (like the Nationwide commercial lol). If it's just refs who don't know their job, that sucks and needs to be fixed. If it's because of the rule changes the NCAA made, shame on the NCAA. That game was ugly with the amount of calls (some of which were so bogus). Even the players (both sides) were standing around with faces suggesting, "WTF did I do!?"