UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Damn...Julian Cox is really going to be a good one. Undersized...but man the kid is active. If he could put on 15lbs...he could be special. He literally blew that last play up.

Cox and the hyphenate tandem of Manzo-Lewis and Ibotokun-Hanks have been some of the few positives this season.

I want him to make some line up changes and give some other kids a chance. I don't care if they end up being worse. We can't get any worse.

I dunno...on one hand I understand the 'give it time' mantra ya'll preach, but on the other hand, I think it's a cop out.

It seems like GG has tunnel vision and is intent on playing the players he wants. Players with scholarships are leaving mid-season because he refuses to give them a chance.

WHO ARE THESE PLAYERS. List them. Not every player leaving is a coaching problem. So list them on, and their exact reasons for leaving.

Fact. Team sucks this year.

Fact. Team is suffering a pandemic of injuries.

Fact. Team has walk-on's on the two deep.

Fact. The team is not deep at all, and that was the case because we still need a host of CAA recruiting classes.

Fact. Ford stated he wanted to hang on one more year because the new coach was going to get slaughtered until he got classes full of what I stated directly above.

Fact. We graduated a host of seniors who, CAA caliber or not, had some serious game experience. It allowed the team to punch above its weight.

Fact. We easily could/should have been a sub-500 team last year.

Fact. We are Frosh / Soph deep at every position.

No coach should get judged on two seasons. NONE. ZIP. Unless they were physically abusing players or does something that truly embarrassed himself, a player, or the school.

Do I know if Gattuso is the answer? NO. Am i willing to give him a chance? YES.

+1

(can't get the quote thing to work right on mi phone)

Edited by MsGDG

Croskey did not play a single down. Coach said before the game, Croskey was tired and would only be used sparingly if at all. It was I-Hanks that fumbled on our second possession; but like Sussman he seems confident enough to overcome mistakes. Crook and Croskey both seem TOO tentative. In pre-season, coach called Sussman a gunslinger and fearless. I think he showed that yesterday; in spite of four int's he competed and never backed off. Earlier in the year, I-Hanks was offensive RoW, when Croskey was benched for "being too tentative." Croskey came back the next week and played well, but has in my opinion mostly reverted to being slow to find and hit holes [granted they may have been few and far between.] I think there is definitely a place for both backs; a two headed monster if you will. As for qb, I'll take Sussman the gunslinger.

I said in my post yesterday, that there was a ray of hope for the season. {it was more of a question than a statement.} If we play like we played yesterday (and that is a BIG IF, with such a young team), I firmly believe we can win our last three games.

Note: Elon beat brook @ brook

NH barely beats RI @ hamp.

Townson shuts out Delaware @?

Edited by dslyank

While he threw four INT's...he had something Crook didn't (well, three things): Moxie, Calmness, and zip on his passes.

I like the kid's game. The rest will come.

Arm strength and zip on passes is the #1 factor for me. I've thought that with out last few QBs, any pass out to the flat along the sideline is a 50-50 ball.

While he threw four INT's...he had something Crook didn't (well, three things): Moxie, Calmness, and zip on his passes.

I like the kid's game. The rest will come.

Arm strength and zip on passes is the #1 factor for me. I've thought that with out last few QBs, any pass out to the flat along the sideline is a 50-50 ball.

I vote for moxie. The past 3-4 games the sideline has been DEAD...what this team needs more than anything (with the possible exception of health) is energy and attitude.

Croskey did not play a single down. Coach said before the game, Croskey was tired and would only be used sparingly if at all. It was I-Hanks that fumbled on our second possession; but like Sussman he seems confident enough to overcome mistakes. Crook and Croskey both seem TOO tentative. In pre-season, coach called Sussman a gunslinger and fearless. I think he showed that yesterday; in spite of four int's he competed and never backed off. Earlier in the year, I-Hanks was offensive RoW, when Croskey was benched for "being too tentative." Croskey came back the next week and played well, but has in my opinion mostly reverted to being slow to find and hit holes [granted they may have been few and far between.] I think there is definitely a place for both backs; a two headed monster if you will. As for qb, I'll take Sussman the gunslinger.

I said in my post yesterday, that there was a ray of hope for the season. {it was more of a question than a statement.} If we play like we played yesterday (and that is a BIG IF, with such a young team), I firmly believe we can win our last three games.

Thanks for clearing that up about Croskey...that's what I thought was the case (that he didn't play a down - thanks for adding the reason).

Thanks for clearing that up about Croskey...that's what I thought was the case (that he didn't play a down - thanks for adding the reason).

It does beg the question, however, of how the starting running back can be "tired" coming off of a bye week.