UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Is Tennis dead in AE?

I know other thread mentioned Hartford starting a women's LAX program and getting rid of tennis. It seems UMBC is also getting rid of tennis. Is the AE completely done with the sport and could UA possible drop it?

http://www.umbcretrievers.com/sports/general/Tennis_General

Very interesting. If this is official, AE would have only 3 programs with Women's Tennis (Stony Brook, Binghamton and UA...NJIT is a associate member for the sport, but they should be leaving with new conference affiliation).

Is it mean if I say who needs it anyway?

I mean I don't know how much of yearly budget goes to the program, but to me if it brings sound academic students to the school, to me why get rid of it. If you look at the teams roster, it is mostly made up of international students. As a school, the team is doing recruiting on the international level as well. At the same time, Gordon Graham seems to be making strides with the program.

Is it mean if I say who needs it anyway?

I mean I don't know how much of yearly budget goes to the program, but to me if it brings sound academic students to the school, to me why get rid of it. If you look at the teams roster, it is mostly made up of international students. As a school, the team is doing recruiting on the international level as well. At the same time, Gordon Graham seems to be making strides with the program.

I understand the benefits, but do they outweigh the costs?

I won't sugar coat it, I'm not a big tennis fan. I'll occasionally follow the results on ESPN (I know who the big names are, etc.) but if this is putting the school back $500k (don't know, just throwing a number out), I'd rather they take that $500k and put it towards a more meaningful sport that engages the community on a far greater level...but that's just me. If it's only setting the school back like $50k having that team, then just leave it because there is some benefit as you stated.

Edited by Ilko