UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @ USF 11/24

things aren't going to get easier either this weekend. NJIT and Yale at home.

Both teams way better then this usf team.

I'm not sure this UCF team is THAT bad. I'm not saying they are a good team but you guys are making it seem like they would be at the bottom of our conference.

things aren't going to get easier either this weekend. NJIT and Yale at home.

Both teams way better then this usf team.

I'm not sure this UCF team is THAT bad. I'm not saying they are a good team but you guys are making it seem like they would be at the bottom of our conference.

Projected to finish 9 and 22 on the year via KenPom who's numbers are starting to make a little bit of sense. Granted still very early. Troy one of the worst teams in the country beat them, BU beat them by 12. Yeah...they SUCK! They are big, that's about it.

Edited by Clickclack

Given how poorly we played as a group, I'm actually fine with losing - provides a wake-up call and hopefully provokes the realization that we can't just walk through the games missing all those FTs and shots just because we're three-time conference champions.

We will indeed be okay when it counts, but hopefully we can turn the corner sooner rather than later.

S$

I thought bu was that wake up call. Bottom line is this... You don't make shots, you don't win. Take a look at the shooting percentage of Singletary, hooley and Sanders... That's why we lost. Those all conference guards can't buy a bucket. Combined like 11 for 28
Well, obviously the BU wake up call didn't work! What frustrates me is not the poor 3-point shooting itself, it's the sometimes poor shot selection (Hooley took what seemed like a 30 footer at one point) and the *free throw* shooting. We had chances to win the game at the stripe and pissed them away.

Anyway, hopefully the team is getting the crap out of the system, if CB doesn't beat it out of them first.

Edited by S-money

Given how poorly we played as a group, I'm actually fine with losing - provides a wake-up call and hopefully provokes the realization that we can't just walk through the games missing all those FTs and shots just because we're three-time conference champions.

We will indeed be okay when it counts, but hopefully we can turn the corner sooner rather than later.

S$

I thought bu was that wake up call. Bottom line is this... You don't make shots, you don't win. Take a look at the shooting percentage of Singletary, hooley and Sanders... That's why we lost. Those all conference guards can't buy a bucket. Combined like 11 for 28

11 for 28 isnt atrocious. 40% for guards isnt terrible. With that being said, our program cannot make that pivotal jump to the high mid-major level a la VCU, for example, until we find ways to beat crappy big conference teams, or at least dominate the BUs of the world.

Unfortunate to lose any game up 8 in the latter part of the game, but I'm confident we can right the ship. If history is any indicator..... I've learned to just trust CB

Edited by justdrastik1

S$

11 for 28 isnt atrocious. 40% for guards isnt terrible. With that being said, our program cannot make that pivotal jump to the high mid-major level a la VCU, for example, until we find ways to beat crappy big conference teams, or at least dominate the BUs of the world.

Unfortunate to lose any game up 8 in the latter part of the game, but I'm confident we can right the ship. If history is any indicator..... I've learned to just trust CB

Looks like they were actually 9 for 28 or 31%, like I said, atrocious. You can't win with that.

Edited by Clickclack

For some reason my ESPN3 feed was terrible for most of the game and the sound completely gone in the second half. For the life of me I don't see

how D-1 scholarship BB players can miss that many wide-open uncontested shots. That's what you don't see from the upper level programs…they're open, they're deadly. So far

I would say the Rowley/Stire/Richards grouping is doing very well.

That's the frustrating thing. Coach said it on the radio Monday he doesn't care about the OOC and just wants to focus on the AE.

This might sound crazy if this was ten years ago, but as a fan and alum,I'm not happy just to be in the NCAA tournament. I want to see the program win a game and the best chance for that to happen is to win your OOC games and get a 12 or higher seed.

If that were really the case, WB not caring about OOC, he would get his bench more involved. Nice to see Cremo getting minutes but the other three combined for 12 minutes. Not good if a starter gets injured or sick(remember Niagara last year!), Not good for next year, Not good for wear and tear of a long season, ... . Even if we won every game save Kentucky, our OOC is so weak and our conference is even weaker - we would not get better than a 14.

That's the frustrating thing. Coach said it on the radio Monday he doesn't care about the OOC and just wants to focus on the AE.

This might sound crazy if this was ten years ago, but as a fan and alum,I'm not happy just to be in the NCAA tournament. I want to see the program win a game and the best chance for that to happen is to win your OOC games and get a 12 or higher seed.

If that were really the case, WB not caring about OOC, he would get his bench more involved. Nice to see Cremo getting minutes but the other three combined for 12 minutes. Not good if a starter gets injured or sick(remember Niagara last year!), Not good for next year, Not good for wear and tear of a long season, ... . Even if we won every game save Kentucky, our OOC is so weak and our conference is even weaker - we would not get better than a 14.

Probably should rephrase the part that he 'doesn't care'. I listened to it again and he didn't say that, but there have been times where he's said all that matters in the end is America East play.

Just frustrating as there was very high expectations for this veteran team and when you let games slip away in that fashion it sucks. Everyone was worried about replacing Sam and it looks like we are just fine with M. Rowley and Stire. It's the guard play that's just been mind boggling.

USF is BAD, BU is Bad; but right now UA is worse. There is something wrong with this team right now. Obviously part, maybe most of that is the shooting, but it seems more than that? Their play is inconsistent and confidence seems confused. On one hand it seems like they think they only need to show up to win, but once on the floor they seem to lack the mojo it takes to win. When they shoot, it is like they hope the ball is going to go in, instead of knowing it is. When they drive it is often with lack of conviction; and they shoot fouls like they do not matter?

I know it is all about the americA East, but with a relatively easy occ this year, this team SHOULD be 3-1 and needs to start doing something positive soon, because it is not always all that easy to turn the corner all of a sudden when conference play begins (and the conference to me looks tougher this year, maybe tougher than our occ schedule)

By the way the officiating was AWFUL and totally one sided in USF's favor {but I do not blame the loss on them, but on BAD UA play}. At one point in the first have on three successive drives to the basket USF players made 2, 3, and yes even 4 additional steps after they stopped dribbling. It seems to me the travel call is the most missed/ignored call in basketball. Maybe that is part of the plan to speed up the game by not requiring players to dribble the ball.

Edited by dslyank