UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Stony Brook - 11/21/15 @ 1PM

This season has been disappointing..though not really far off from what many people predicted to start the season..but I recognize that this team is full of underclassman right now..including a number of true freshman. I think last year's team shows what simply having upperclassmen can do.

I'm sure Gattuso will be spending a lot of time evaluating the QB situation this offseason..as he should. But did many people really expect that a true freshman who wasn't given the starting job out of preseason would look great?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think UA has ever scored exactly 2 points in a game before?

I will now root for continued offensive futility!

Twice. Oddly, both against Southern Connecticut State.

Sept. 20, 1980 - SCSC 6, SUNYA 2

Oct. 11, 1986 - SCSU 28, UA, SUNY 2

That's some impressive research...I know I could look it up, but does SCS still have a football program?

I guess in the very least UA can update its media guides for: "Last time the offense only scored 2 points" to 11/21/15.

This team and everyone involved... Giant F for the year. Gattusos seat will be warm next year. Need to start with recruiting a qb that isn't garbage...horrible year. One of those that can set a program back. This team never got better... Now the collective fan base can enjoy the taste of the vomit in our mouth for the next 9 months.

Not sure gattuso knows how to fix this mess. Coach ford turned over to him a competitive program, what we all witnessed was not a competitive program. Many, many times this year they embarrassed the UA name.

Boooooo

Edited by Clickclack

That's some impressive research...I know I could look it up, but does SCS still have a football program?

I guess in the very least UA can update its media guides for: "Last time the offense only scored 2 points" to 11/21/15.

Sure, the Owls (from New Haven) are D-II in the NE-10. They finished 4-7 this year.

I wanted the guide to show "fewest passing yards in a game" to see if the 27 we had a few weeks ago was a record.

Glad I didn't miss anything...was busy raking leaves which seems like it was much more fun (even though my garden tractor slipped a belt and then shredded it and my rake broke in half - still sounds like a far better time).

And just looking at the coaching bios why is the majority of our offensive coordinator's experience as a defensive coordinator?

And he has one year of O.C. experience? And it was the year before he came here, and it was at the high school level?

Was this some sort of a sweetheart deal to get Brunson? If so, I guess I could get excited for Brunson, but they still will need someone new to call in plays!

I said this when the coaching staff was announced, if anyone remembers. Literally the same thing. Some of you responded that this is normal at the college level. I have NEVER seen an OC coach defense or a DC coach offense in the NFL (except for maybe a HC who wants some say in the play calling). It was dumb then, and it's dumb now. Get an OC to call the O, and get a DC to call the D. None of this 'buddy' crap.

A few thoughts: I hope UA's recruiters are looking at Dakota Harvey from Saratoga Springs….LB/RB, 6-2 240 and fast. Maybe he'll go higher than FCS.

Final Shane Sweeney stats from Hobart (overall an off season for them): 148.33 efficiency completed 62% of his passes and had 17 TDs to 4 INTs. I know it's hard to compare D3 to CAA…..

For 2016 UA will take a hit to the interior D-Line in terms of experience and lose a couple of regulars from the defensive backfield. With Isaiah Clark red-shirted and coming in next year and MAYBE

Gontarek coming back our wideouts should be good. The question remains who will be throwing the ball to them and that is still a big open question. Barring a solid experienced transfer it may be

another unsettled year at QB.

I like our running backs.

OC and offensive scheme in general still concerns me.

OK….I will stop thinking about this stinking pile of a season and begin looking forward to signing day.

The Giants have had TE injuries and their two TEs on the roster are both rookies. Will Tye from Stony Brook and Jerome Cunningham from Southern CT State.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but you never know with young QBs. Sussman can get better even though he looked like crap this season one year removed from high school ball. That's a big jump.

Sussman certainly showed flashes of being decent, so he needs to go into the off-season penciled in as the starter and getting all the first team reps...unless GG can get someone who is like a 4 star recruit or something who was 10x better in HS than Sussman was in HS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Union College hires Stony Brook assistant as next football coach

Union College has tabbed Stony Brook offensive coordinator Jeff Behrman as its next head football coach, two sources familiar with the hire said Friday afternoon.

Union announced a 5 p.m. news conference to introduce its next coach but declined to name him.

Behrman, who just completed his 10th season at Stony Brook, has no previous ties to Union. This will be his first college head-coaching position.

He replaces longtime coach John Audino, with whom the school parted