UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Quinnipiac 12/1 7:00

Side note: These are arguably the least biased announcers I've heard in quite a while.

Least biased? Perhaps. Least prepared? BY A COUNTRY MILE. Those were some of the worst guys I've ever listened to. I wonder if Wyland sounds that bad on air to other teams fans.

We lost all of our games by a total of 12 points (Kentucky by 7)? No, we lost to Kentucky alone by 13.

Albany has only won two back to back titles? No. We've won 3, jack off.

Crema? The o at the end of Joe's last name is clear as day, sir.

Someone changed the O to an A on the commentators sheet for CremO.

Yep, +1. See above.

against Q, UA has struggled mightily so just glad to get a W.....for the record, Wyland is not good at either football or hoops as a play by play guy, and I like the guy,,,,haha

Besides Crema, they constantly called us University OF Albany from the AmericaN East conference.

I agree on Wyland, especially as a football announcer on radio. And yet, on AGS I read people say what a solid, professional job he did on our radio. It makes me shudder at how else some people do games out there.

I prefer University OF Albany (since, IMO, we are the best university in the area :P ). We represent Albany thus we are the best OF anything Albany has to offer (sports wise). At Albany just sound stupid. Is that even proper English?

Edited by Ilko

I prefer University OF Albany (since, IMO, we are the best university in the area :P ). We represent Albany thus we are the best OF anything Albany has to offer (sports wise). At Albany just sound stupid. Is that even proper English?

I want announcers to call us by our name..that happens to be University at Albany.

For what it's worth..it's AT instead of OF because we already have an OF..in State University OF New York.

I want announcers to call us by our name..that happens to be University at Albany.

For what it's worth..it's AT instead of OF because we already have an OF..in State University OF New York.

OT, but that bring me to my next point...we can be part of a state system, but our name (and the names of other SUNY centers) should be University of Buffalo, University of Binghampton, Stony Brook University, University of Albany, etc.

Nothing screams 'small time' like some announcers saying, "State University of New York at Albany". LOLWUT?

Use FL as an example...their schools are simply "University of ------" (University of Florida, University of North Florida, University of Central Florida, University of South Florida, etc.). They don't name their schools 'State University of Florida at Gainsville' lol.

SUNY is so old. Do away with it.

Anyway...my rant for the day :)

OT, but that bring me to my next point...we can be part of a state system, but our name (and the names of other SUNY centers) should be University of Buffalo, University of Binghampton, Stony Brook University, University of Albany, etc.

Nothing screams 'small time' like some announcers saying, "State University of New York at Albany". LOLWUT?

Use FL as an example...their schools are simply "University of ------" (University of Florida, University of North Florida, University of Central Florida, University of South Florida, etc.). They don't name their schools 'State University of Florida at Gainsville' lol.

SUNY is so old. Do away with it.

Anyway...my rant for the day :)

We've had this conversation ad infinitum. But no reason not to do it again, I guess. Isn't there a standing committee @ U@A working on a name change again?????????

Side note: These are arguably the least biased announcers I've heard in quite a while.

Least biased? Perhaps. Least prepared? BY A COUNTRY MILE. Those were some of the worst guys I've ever listened to. I wonder if Wyland sounds that bad on air to other teams fans.

We lost all of our games by a total of 12 points (Kentucky by 7)? No, we lost to Kentucky alone by 13.

Albany has only won two back to back titles? No. We've won 3, jack off.

Crema? The o at the end of Joe's last name is clear as day, sir.

Someone changed the O to an A on the commentators sheet for CremO.

Yep, +1. See above.

against Q, UA has struggled mightily so just glad to get a W.....for the record, Wyland is not good at either football or hoops as a play by play guy, and I like the guy,,,,haha

Besides Crema, they constantly called us University OF Albany from the AmericaN East conference.

I agree on Wyland, especially as a football announcer on radio. And yet, on AGS I read people say what a solid, professional job he did on our radio. It makes me shudder at how else some people do games out there.

Wyland and Bye ROOT HARD for UA, which is supposedly "bad," not that I know why. But other than that [in my OPINION] they do a decent job. If Albany sucks they tell it like it is; they always seem to compliment the opponent even when undeserving; and rarely complain about officiating (which most other bad announcers seem to do constantly).

Edited by dslyank

Were the Q announcers Q employees? I don't have an issue if it's the schools staff calling the game, I would expect them to be fans...but if it's a 3rd party (such as SNY, MSG, ABC, etc.), it NEEDS to be unbiased. That includes Wyland and Zach. You don't hear Jon Gruden getting happy when the Raiders or Bucs win...or Reggie Miller when the Pacers win. Maybe inside, but they don't let it cloud their job.

There's always bias nowadays with play-by-play guys, because they have gone away from merely calling the game to now being "commentators", injecting their opinions etc.

I just hope it's not blatant. I thought the Q announcers (regardless of their employers) did a decent job. I found them to be objective. Yes, it's their job to get it right with player names etc., but there's hundreds of D1 bball schools, and thousands of players, most of which 99.9% of commentators will not be familiar with, with the exception of your household name schools.

Were the Q announcers Q employees? I don't have an issue if it's the schools staff calling the game, I would expect them to be fans...but if it's a 3rd party (such as SNY, MSG, ABC, etc.), it NEEDS to be unbiased. That includes Wyland and Zach. You don't hear Jon Gruden getting happy when the Raiders or Bucs win...or Reggie Miller when the Pacers win. Maybe inside, but they don't let it cloud their job.

They were Q announcers, or for Q since this was their broadcast produced fully by SNY. It's sort of like how UCONN has games covered by SNY.

There's always bias nowadays with play-by-play guys, because they have gone away from merely calling the game to now being "commentators", injecting their opinions etc.

I just hope it's not blatant. I thought the Q announcers (regardless of their employers) did a decent job. I found them to be objective. Yes, it's their job to get it right with player names etc., but there's hundreds of D1 bball schools, and thousands of players, most of which 99.9% of commentators will not be familiar with, with the exception of your household name schools.

All I'm saying is, maybe not necessarily player names since I myself dont' know opponent names...but school information like how many titles we've won, how many times we've gone to the NCAA's, how many points we've lost recent games by...there should be ZERO mistakes there if you are a professional and good at your job. That's what made me laugh the most...rookies. And that's what I was asking if Wyland is good at...is his info often times wrong or is he pretty 'prepared'. It's a respect thing IMO...I want our school to be well known and for every announcer to know, "Oh yeah, Albany has been to the tourney 3 straight times" without batting an eye.

I watch a lot more NBA ball than I do college (I only really follow UAlbany until March and then I start following ESPN and seeing who's winning their conference, etc.)...but those guys are well prepared. They know the the teams they are commentating on...even tiny details. Because they study ahead of time. Sounded like the Q guys woke up, found out they were doing an Albany game, and then just winged it.

Maybe I'm just having a stressful week...lol.

Edited by Ilko