UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Holy Cross 12/5 2:05 pm

I'll take wins over the past two teams however we can get them. This team still has not clicked yet, I really hope they eventually find it, but you never know. They play another terrible team in Marist on the road before the showdown next Saturday night.

Marist can't be that bad . According to some they play in an a higher level league :) I might go down there to check it out but 1 maac team in a week would be enough for me :)

Even when teams aren't good, if they are home they have the advantage. For as many road games as we gone to I can say that's true. Having your gym, your rims, your fans it's something real. Even statisticians give teams an additional 3-4pt bump for being home. BU and USF were both were losses by those amounts. Today was a great crowd at Holy Cross, their fans were loud and active. Was a high energy game. Very proud of the win and glad we scraped our away with a W. Not sure if my post makes sense lol, but the feel of roads game are so different than home games even as a spectator, so I can't imagine what it's like for the players. Excited to see how we do in conference. Side note, Vermont lost to Yale today by 18.

Edited by MRSGDG

I'll take wins over the past two teams however we can get them. This team still has not clicked yet, I really hope they eventually find it, but you never know. They play another terrible team in Marist on the road before the showdown next Saturday night.

Marist can't be that bad . According to some they play in an a higher level league :) I might go down there to check it out but 1 maac team in a week would be enough for me :)

Hope to see you there Bob. I will be there possibly with my son.

I'm glad I was able to stay away from my phone and wait to watch the whole thing when I got home.

Road wins are always tough, especially at that place. We are now winning the tough close games we were losing earlier in the year.

Great to see the Peter knocking down some shots - 20 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists. That's quite a night.

Last season after 8 games we were 2-6

This season (not counting Oneonta) 5-3

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO.

I hope all of these guys practice good next week...I don't care if we lose to Marist, but we need to beat LCC. By 10+.

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO.

I hope all of these guys practice good next week...I don't care if we lose to Marist, but we need to beat LCC. By 10+.

FWIW..heading into today's game..Evan's 6th in the conference in mpg. Right in line with Puriefoy and Warney.

Pomeroy has Siena favored by 3 points at this point.

And I'm not sure I believe that you won't care if we lose to Marist. :)

Just so people understand what home court advantage is.

Holy Cross at home beat Harvard 50-49 just a week ago!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The kid Thompson who went off today, came into the game shooting 11% from 3 ( 4 for 36), today he was 6 for 10!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Cross was 11th in the nation committing only 15.4 fouls per game we attacked and drew 25 fouls on them.

Holy Cross was giving up 64.7 ppg (64th in the nation and we just put up 88 on them (72 in regulations) so even though they were on fire from three we were able to weather the storm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If CB would have kicked Hooley to the curb like some of you would have liked - it would have been a big mistake

CB said in the TU Blog a couple of days ago he wasn't a big short term statistics guy and he believed Hooley's career numbers were a better indicator of his worth, Peter today got 20pts off of 12 shots, he was 7-7 from the FT line had 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

• Like 1

I never want any maac team to win non conference games especially vs us.

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO. - llko

Coming into today's game Singeltary was playing 30.8 mpg down from 34.9 mpg last year. I think he'll be fine.

FWIW..heading into today's game..Evan's 6th in the conference in mpg. Right in line with Puriefoy and Warney.

Pomeroy has Siena favored by 3 points at this point.

And I'm not sure I believe that you won't care if we lose to Marist. :)

not that games are played on pomeroy, but I presume LCC is favored on pomeroy by less than the home court advantage. It would be nice to continue to be far better than LCC or at least to beat them and the home court advantage !