UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Holy Cross 12/5 2:05 pm

And I'm not sure I believe that you won't care if we lose to Marist. :)

Okay, maybe I care but I certainly care a lot less than if we lose to LCC.

If CB would have kicked Hooley to the curb like some of you would have liked - it would have been a big mistake

CB said in the TU Blog a couple of days ago he wasn't a big short term statistics guy and he believed Hooley's career numbers were a better indicator of his worth, Peter today got 20pts off of 12 shots, he was 7-7 from the FT line had 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

No one said to kick him to curb (give him DNP's) but certainly limit his minutes and minimize his affect on the team at that point in time. It's a fact that he wasn't shooting well and at least earlier in the year was making a lot of mistakes. Like I said in the other thread...Brown would see when he had 'turned the corner' (long before us) in practice and then could up his minutes, etc as needed. Looks like Peter is almost done turning that corner because like 3-4 games ago he started playing better (not shooting better) by making timely passes, steals, good rebounds, etc. Now it looks like his shot is coming back.

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO. - llko

Coming into today's game Singeltary was playing 30.8 mpg down from 34.9 mpg last year. I think he'll be fine.

Granted that 30.8 is brought down by 3 blowouts...but it seems like in games of consequence or against better opponents he's playing almost the entire game. Granted kids in college don't play as often as the pro's, so perhaps I'm looking at the issue with NBA glasses. Or maybe he's just a freak and doesn't get that tired. lol.

Edited by Ilko

I think CB said a lot of the playing time is based on match ups. Peters seems to struggle getting out to defend the three, and then getting back to defend the basket.

Andrews and Charles seemed to struggle against the Princeton type offense run by Carmody ( who was a long time ass't. to pete Carill).

If you look at the Stats it appears 10 different guys are getting double digit minutes for the season.

I think Dallas is earning his minutes with good defense and rebounding. Even as an undersized 4, he has held his own on the boards. And he shot the ball with confidence yesterday. Dallas will/is helping this team with his versatility and as DP mentioned he is an ultimate team player whether on the court, on the bench and at practice. I think he would start for anyone else in the AmEast. I hope he continues to get 15 to 20 minutes per game minimum. He can spell pretty much anyone 2-4 {even point against non strong pressing teams}.

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO.

I hope all of these guys practice good next week...I don't care if we lose to Marist, but we need to beat LCC. By 10+.

FWIW..heading into today's game..Evan's 6th in the conference in mpg. Right in line with Puriefoy and Warney.

Pomeroy has Siena favored by 3 points at this point.

not that games are played on pomeroy, but I presume LCC is favored on pomeroy by less than the home court advantage. It would be nice to continue to be far better than LCC or at least to beat them and the home court advantage !

I hate to tell you guys this, but this game is not going to be easy {or is it ever}. $iena is GOOD--I hate to say it

I think CB said a lot of the playing time is based on match ups. Peters seems to struggle getting out to defend the three, and then getting back to defend the basket.

Andrews and Charles seemed to struggle against the Princeton type offense run by Carmody ( who was a long time ass't. to pete Carill).

If you look at the Stats it appears 10 different guys are getting double digit minutes for the season.

Having those kinds of options is one of the things I really like about the make-up of this year's team.

Holy Cross was pretty much the opposite of the Quinnipiac game. The Q is is big and physical so Rich Peters got more minutes. Holy Cross puts five guys on the floor who can all hit 3's (and they did.) which makes it a tougher cover for your typical post guy so Dallas got more minutes.

Through 8 games it seems like Cremo, Hooley, Evan, Sanders and Mike Rowley are all going to get consistent minutes. The minutes of Dallas, Peters, Charles and Andrews are going to be more situational.

I'm really looking forward to Andrews and Travis Charles figuring things out more on the defensive end because they have a lot to add. That said, I'm pretty amazed how quickly Cremo has picked everything up for a freshman.

Two straight games were Mike Rowley has made big plays down the stretch to win games. He knocked down the free throws at the end of the game at the Q and then bringing it the length of the floor against HC.

• Like 1

Having those kinds of options is one of the things I really like about the make-up of this year's team.

Holy Cross was pretty much the opposite of the Quinnipiac game. The Q is is big and physical so Rich Peters got more minutes. Holy Cross puts five guys on the floor who can all hit 3's (and they did.) which makes it a tougher cover for your typical post guy so Dallas got more minutes.

Through 8 games it seems like Cremo, Hooley, Evan, Sanders and Mike Rowley are all going to get consistent minutes. The minutes of Dallas, Peters, Charles and Andrews are going to be more situational.

I'm really looking forward to Andrews and Travis Charles figuring things out more on the defensive end because they have a lot to add. That said, I'm pretty amazed how quickly Cremo has picked everything up for a freshman.

Two straight games were Mike Rowley has made big plays down the stretch to win games. He knocked down the free throws at the end of the game at the Q and then bringing it the length of the floor against HC.

Agree with everything. My main concern is that when you have so many pieces it can be hard for a team to 'click' and find it/put it together. It's definitely a great problem to have though

Singletary is going to just go on the court one game and just stop working, like a robot. He'll just seize. He's getting run into the ground, IMO.

I hope all of these guys practice good next week...I don't care if we lose to Marist, but we need to beat LCC. By 10+.

FWIW..heading into today's game..Evan's 6th in the conference in mpg. Right in line with Puriefoy and Warney.

Pomeroy has Siena favored by 3 points at this point.

not that games are played on pomeroy, but I presume LCC is favored on pomeroy by less than the home court advantage. It would be nice to continue to be far better than LCC or at least to beat them and the home court advantage !

I hate to tell you guys this, but this game is not going to be easy {or is it ever}. $iena is GOOD--I hate to say it

I wasn't saying $iena didn't have a good record or would be easy to beat.

Just that we have to continue to be far better than them to continue to overcome a team playing their super bowl on their home court .

But don't get carried away saying $iena is good. $iena is still $iena

the last 3 years I felt UA should/would handle the Saints without much problem...this year will be different IMO...we will have to play much much better than we have.....as stated during the HC game...HC is not a good team and we were lucky to win....finally the foul shooting won UA a game.....looking forward to Saturday night....

the last 3 years I felt UA should/would handle the Saints without much problem...this year will be different IMO...we will have to play much much better than we have.....as stated during the HC game...HC is not a good team and we were lucky to win....finally the foul shooting won UA a game.....looking forward to Saturday night....

Siena has a REALLY big problem with fouls. They foul and an incredibly high rate. Albany needs to attack non-stop, something we've been REALLY good at. Once Wright is out of the game, they are much more beatable.

Siena has a REALLY big problem with fouls. They foul and an incredibly high rate. Albany needs to attack non-stop, something we've been REALLY good at. Once Wright is out of the game, they are much more beatable.

Except vs. Manhattan, Siena shot 23 free throws in the first half (44 for the game) vs. only one for the Jaspers. Wiltl be tough if they get that kind of home court edge.