UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Saturday Night

Rivalry a big draw for local fans -TU+ article

Confirms ticket sales are a little behind last year, when 8,000 were sold three days before the game

UAlbany has already sold its allotment of 525 tickets, said associate athletic director of external relations Charlie Voelker.
While conceding a home game to UAlbany next season, Siena will try to make Times Union Center seem even more like a home-court advantage on Saturday. Under the new contract, UAlbany students and the pep band won't be allowed on the floor in the end zone, unlike past years, according to Rich.
There also won't be a video introduction for UAlbany's teams.
Saturday's contest is on Siena's season-ticket package. When the game returns to Times Union Center in two years, neither school will have season-ticket preference.

I refuse to pay a dime to TU to get their stories behind paywall. Didn't we already know the third game in this contract is a neutral court? I suspect once this contract expires after 3 years, it will stay neutral at the TUC and not in either fan-base season ticket package or it will alternate true home and home. I'm OK with them treating us like visitors, we are. We'll treat them like the second class citizens they are when they show up.

I don't even want a nuetral game. I want a home and home, alternating every year, not 2 them, 1 us:

Want: Siena, Albany, Siena, Albany, Siena, Albany.
Don't want: Siena, Albany, Siena, Siena, Albany, Siena

In what sections was the UA allotment?

I'm sure the worst possible seats they could find in that dump.

My two tickets are in section 129.

According to Google, these are what the seats look like. In other words, crap seats IMO:

Mutato-20111205192416.jpg

Confirms ticket sales are a little behind last year, when 8,000 were sold three days before the game

UAlbany has already sold its allotment of 525 tickets, said associate athletic director of external relations Charlie Voelker.
While conceding a home game to UAlbany next season, Siena will try to make Times Union Center seem even more like a home-court advantage on Saturday. Under the new contract, UAlbany students and the pep band won't be allowed on the floor in the end zone, unlike past years, according to Rich.
Saturday's contest is on Siena's season-ticket package. When the game returns to Times Union Center in two years, neither school will have season-ticket preference.

I refuse to pay a dime to TU to get their stories behind paywall. Didn't we already know the third game in this contract is a neutral court? I suspect once this contract expires after 3 years, it will stay neutral at the TUC and not in either fan-base season ticket package or it will alternate true home and home. I'm OK with them treating us like visitors, we are. We'll treat them like the second class citizens they are when they show up.

I don't even want a nuetral game. I want a home and home, alternating every year, not 2 them, 1 us:

According to Google, these are what the seats look like. In other words, crap seats IMO:

You shut your face and LIKE IT! 'Cause next year, you'll be sitting 3 rows up at half court...screaming like a mad-man!

• Like 1

You shut your face and LIKE IT! 'Cause next year, you'll be sitting 3 rows up at half court...screaming like a mad-man!

That's why I don't want a neutral game at the TUC, although it does feel NBA'ish having 10k fans in that arena and that nice scoreboard. I'd rather have my 3rd center court seat for sure.

Their fans are literally the worst. Only 3-4 of them in that thread are willing to give credit for UAlbany having a great athletic department (see my other thread in the general section). We've been winning...A LOT. In all sports. These guys are so hellbent on hating us that they can't see the good that it is doing for the whole region in putting the city of Albany on the map.

Can't stand those people and I don't even know any of them or have seen any of them personally.

They know quite well the massive success and rise of the university of Albany athletics program.

If they admitted it, they would not be able to handle it psychologically. So, they continue with their stale babble.

As for signing a new contract that had the 1st game of the contract at the Pepsi..... that was also stale.

We should be playing in SEFCU tomorrow night, but..... regardless of where we play, we'll punch em in the teeth.

Things like putting an asterisk next to our Washington win, etc. just tick me off. I signed up for that site during the whole contract back and forth a year or two again but they must have known I was a UA fan cause they never approved my account. I'm glad I can't post there. It would shorten my life span.

Click is out numbered there.

Their worst posters, IMO, are 'olddave' and 'Tony' (the admin). Those dudes are seriously whack.

Things like putting an asterisk next to our Washington win, etc. just tick me off. I signed up for that site during the whole contract back and forth a year or two again but they must have known I was a UA fan cause they never approved my account. I'm glad I can't post there. It would shorten my life span.

Click is out numbered there.

Their worst posters, IMO, are 'olddave' and 'Tony' (the admin). Those dudes are seriously whack.

You have a CC team that has to go back to last century for a team good enough to make the ncaa tournament in a year they did not purchase the conference tournament and THEY want to put an asterisk on another teams accomplishments. Yeah OK.

It is not like they ever earned a right to play a conference tournament game at home like teams in other conferences like the AE have.

Edited by bob87