UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB vs. Maine, noon Friday

Wow. Only got to watch the end. Terrible loss. Maine is much better with Vann and have shown they can play, but I'm speechless with the loss.

Gonna be a long ride home. Hopefully this will be a game that motivates them for the rest of season.

Hooley making shots is a positive, but I'd take another poor game in exchange for a win any day.

Can anyone explain how the loss happened? Wish I could have watched all of it.

UA has had quite an eventful six-day stretch. We beat UVM convincingly on the road in a hostile environment for a very emotional win. We managed to squeak by UNH in another very emotional overtime win, and then, after a long 7-hour road trip, we lose by a small two point margin to a very improved Maine team who got back one of their best players. How much more can we expect from UA?

Lose against SBU or Vermont. Not Maine.

• Like 1

UA has had quite an eventful six-day stretch. We beat UVM convincingly on the road in a hostile environment for a very emotional win. We managed to squeak by UNH in another very emotional overtime win, and then, after a long 7-hour road trip, we lose by a small two point margin to a very improved Maine team who got back one of their best players. How much more can we expect from UA?

Lose against SBU or Vermont. Not Maine.

With Vann back, let's see what Maine does the rest of the conference season. It has shown it can score against good teams. You may be right, though. It could be a tough loss for UA.

"Very improved"? Improved, sure...but more like getting a small bit of help from refs. I'm not one to regularly complain about refs and usually give them the benefit of the doubt but some of those calls were bad (and before our homeboy MaineJeff chimes in - even the announcers said some of them were bad so relax Jeffrey)...just as bad as some of the CRIMES committed during the UNH game. No surprise though...old whitey was reffing. I CAN NOT STAND THAT GUY. I think Tim Donahue is his BFF...dude HAS to be fixing games.

How often do 2 players foul out of a game in college ball...on the same team (Stire and Sanders)?

Regardless of the reffing, we didn't execute as well as we could have. We missed some gimmes and didn't defend the 3 well cause they drained a bunch. But without those bad calls...this game would have been 79-75 UA or something like that...not 79-81 Maine.

Edited by Ilko

"Very improved"? Improved, sure...but more like getting a small bit of help from refs. I'm not one to regularly complain about refs and usually give them the benefit of the doubt but some of those calls were bad (and before our homeboy MaineJeff chimes in - even the announcers said some of them were bad so relax Jeffrey)...just as bad as some of the CRIMES committed during the UNH game. No surprise though...old whitey was reffing. I CAN NOT STAND THAT GUY. I think Tim Donahue is his BFF...dude HAS to be fixing games.

How often do 2 players foul out of a game in college ball...on the same team (Stire and Sanders)?

We need more players in the rotation for this type of scenario. Eight players is not enough. Interesting that though UMaine had 24 fouls to our 18, none of their players got five.

As has been mentioned already, this team cannot give up 81 points and expect to win very often. Additionally, they cannot allow 47 points in the paint AND allow a team to shoot 40% from 3. One or the other, if that's the way it's going to be. Nice to see Hooley get going on the offensive end. One thing that is worrisome, is if Sanders is hurt, and he definitely looks to not be 100%, there is not that much depth on this team to account for that. Singletary Hooley and Cremo are your 1-3 guards, and beyond that is Nichols and playing Dallas at the 3. Defensively, they need more.

Wow. Only got to watch the end. Terrible loss. Maine is much better with Vann and have shown they can play, but I'm speechless with the loss.

Gonna be a long ride home. Hopefully this will be a game that motivates them for the rest of season.

Hooley making shots is a positive, but I'd take another poor game in exchange for a win any day.

Can anyone explain how the loss happened? Wish I could have watched all of it.

Albany let Maine shoot 57% and MANY uncontested layups, layup after layup after layup. Deserved every bit of this loss...They've been playing with fire for a while...they let UMBC hang around deep into the second half.

Edited by Clickclack

I didn't see any Nichols today. Didn't see any Andrews. Very little of Peters. Shoot, even Cremo seemed to get a little less time. I did start watching towards the middle-end of the 1st half though.

Edited by Ilko

We need more players in the rotation for this type of scenario. Eight players is not enough. Interesting that though UMaine had 24 fouls to our 18, none of their players got five.

It also is an issue of the fact that we just don't have that many players. Don't know why Peters did not get in as much, and Nichols got a few minutes, but we have 5 true guards, 4 of whom play regularly, 3 healthy big men, and Dallas, who is sort of in the middle. That's not all that much.

Edit- Forgot about Andrews. If he could play defense and spell Ray that would be incredibly helpful

Edited by TheLoudestTrumpet