UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: @SB 1/22 9pm

What a breakdown. SB finally got the monkey off their back...now let's see them do it in the tournament.

This isn't the monkey on their back...they beat us last year at our barn.

Still a revenge game for them (hence monkey).

Outrebounded 44-31.

Yep. Most of them being Warney and McGrew. I understand Warney getting offensive boards, he's a beast. But McGrew had 3-4 that were just lack of effort plays on Albany's part.

olddog71, on 22 Jan 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Outrebounded 44-31.

Yep. Most of them being Warney and McGrew. I understand Warney getting offensive boards, he's a beast. But McGrew had 3-4 that were just lack of effort plays on Albany's part.....llko

You do realize Warney had 5 rebounds (2 off) well below his avg.

Mcgrew and Walker each went for double digit rebounds!

Call me crazy, but I don't mind the loss. Certainly you never "want to lose", but I'd rather us play with a chip on our shoulder. Hopefully Pete can figure things out because without him, it will be hard for us to replicate our success fromthe last couple of years. He's always had a little of the "Old Man at the Y game", but his shot selection has been circus like at times.

Finish second in the AE and we would hypothetically face them in the finals. I'll take that. Gotta take care of business the rest of the way though.

On a positive note, we somewhat contained Warney which is promising.

Three offensive boards on free throws late in the second half is unacceptable. I have no idea how they let that happen.

that was the difference at the end...we didnt get those defensive boards off misses....now will hope the S.B. was gonna wax us crap to bed....we had this game and let it slip away with a couple bad possessions..Joe did play like a frosh last night but he is allowed this one...Ray Sanders, IMO, has easily been our best player thus far even playing a big banged up....I had no probs. Warney getting his...Purifoy made too many shots when we were playing better then them...

Outrebounded 44-31.

Yep. Most of them being Warney and McGrew. I understand Warney getting offensive boards, he's a beast. But McGrew had 3-4 that were just lack of effort plays on Albany's part.

You do realize Warney had 5 rebounds (2 off) well below his avg.

Mcgrew and Walker each went for double digit rebounds!

Didn't see the stat sheet, that was 'heat of the (after the game) moment' post. When Warney was in the game, it seems like he got a lot more than 5. Also, Walker scored some but it didn't feel like he had more than 5 boards. Guess it depends on who you focus on during the game.

Off-topic...but, and I've noticed this before, when you quote people it gets all jumbled and screwed up. You don't need to change anything inside the quote like adding "-Ilko", etc....the computer does it for ya in the header. Just a friendly suggestion. I almost didn't see that you quoted me. I went ahead and fixed it for ya.

That game was a lot closer than I was expecting it to be..especially with us being on the road. As a couple people have said..a couple bad shot selections on our last few possessions and a couple huge offensive boards from Stony Brook in the last minute were really the deciding factors. And with those missed rebounds..I thought we had decent position but the ball stayed on the rim for an extra beat or two allowing Warney and McGrew to do what they do well.

I thought going in if we shot poorly from the outside that we would be in for a world of hurt. Well..we were 0-7 in the first half and ended up going 3-14 overall..and it was still a toss-up game in the last minute.

It hurt us a bit that we weren't able to get to the line in the second half like we did in the first. 7 free throw attempts total in the second half..with three of those coming on Singletary's three-point attempt. I thought the officials allowed a bit more contact from Stony Brook on our drives than they did in the first half..and Stony Brook smartened up a bit after we got them into a little foul trouble early-on. As someone mentioned..no free throw attempts for Hooley..despite 8 two-point attempts. Only the second time this season he's been kept off the FT line. He wasn't rewarded like he usually is.

Looking forward to the re-match at SEFCU on 2/17. And maybe again in tournament play..for what would be the 7th year in a row!

Edited by Phoenix