UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 2/17 vs. Stony Brook (Coaches Cure CF Game)

What a great game. An important win in front of that crowd. I'm hopeful wins that like that with that kind of energy in the building will build that fan base, specifically the students.

Great game plan and incredible team effort. I know a handful of his points came down the stretch from the line but Cremo w/ 16 points in 14 minutes. Solid. Hooley a double double.

Just a lot of fun.

The craziest stat line of the night belongs to Richard Peters. I honestly cannot believe he only had 4 points, 0 rebounds, and 1 block. It felt like he did SO, SO, SO, much more. That seriously underscores HOW important he was from the 19 min mark in the 2nd half, on forward, once Rowley picked up that terribly called 3rd foul.

Peters came in and simply DOMINATED Warney for a good 5 minute spell. Then he got that phantom foul call.

But, those 5 or so minutes...completely changed the game. At that point, SBU was limited to Sekunda and Woodhouse as their offense AND defense.

A large part of that was because Peters played some great D on Warney.

the very best thing Rich did was he frustrated the heck out of Warney....big time!!!!

Wilkin's blog says attendance was 4,578, SRO and 40 over capacity

Gotta be the first sellout ever on a weeknight?

Maybe, but there were some big crowds after the first championship. I might do some digging.

Edit: A lot of the old box scores aren't on line any more. I found a crowd of over 4,300 for a Columbia game, but that was on a Saturday. Otherwise I don't think there have been any sellouts at SEFCU except for BPG and some Conference Championships.

Yeah last one I remember that wasn't BPG or a championship game was the Bucknell home opener. Would like to see 4K+ for senior night and the playoff games.

Wilkin's blog says attendance was 4,578, SRO and 40 over capacity

Gotta be the first sellout ever on a weeknight?

Maybe, but there were some big crowds after the first championship. I might do some digging.

Edit: A lot of the old box scores aren't on line any more. I found a crowd of over 4,300 for a Columbia game, but that was on a Saturday. Otherwise I don't think there have been any sellouts at SEFCU except for BPG and some Conference Championships.

Yeah last one I remember that wasn't BPG or a championship game was the Bucknell home opener. Would like to see 4K+ for senior night and the playoff games.

You are correct, the news story says the 11/11/2006 Bucknell game that unveiled our first banners was a sellout, but again was on a Saturday.

Big Apple Buckets game story Albany Ends Stony Brook Streak, Fires Psychological Shot

"the mental edge in this series clearly belongs to Albany.
And they know it.
“Peter Hooley said it best late in the game during the last time out Stony Brook called (with the game decided),” Albany coach Will Brown said. “He looked at everybody and said, ‘There is no celebration. We do not celebrate this win. We’ve been here. We’ve done this.’ I said, ‘You’re darn right. And nobody better come out of the crowd, either.’ We’ve beaten them in meaningful games before. "
  • Like 1

Big Apple Buckets game story Albany Ends Stony Brook Streak, Fires Psychological Shot

"the mental edge in this series clearly belongs to Albany.
And they know it.
“Peter Hooley said it best late in the game during the last time out Stony Brook called (with the game decided),” Albany coach Will Brown said. “He looked at everybody and said, ‘There is no celebration. We do not celebrate this win. We’ve been here. We’ve done this.’ I said, ‘You’re darn right. And nobody better come out of the crowd, either.’ We’ve beaten them in meaningful games before. "

n0gny.jpg

Edited by Ilko

The crowd was amazing again. Everyone talks about how hard it is to play well in Patrick Gym, but I have to say that I am sure that NOBODY wants to play at SEFCU when there is an at or near capacity crowd. We all want renovations and improvements to the venue, but whatever happens I hope they do all that can to keep the environment the same.

Best part of the night? The entire pep band putting down their instruments and chanting NIT NIT NIT!

• Like 2

The crowd was amazing again. Everyone talks about how hard it is to play well in Patrick Gym, but I have to say that I am sure that NOBODY wants to play at SEFCU when there is an at or near capacity crowd. We all want renovations and improvements to the venue, but whatever happens I hope they do all that can to keep the environment the same.

Best part of the night? The entire pep band putting down their instruments and chanting NIT NIT NIT!

They need to find a way to keep the bleechers hollow. I think one of the things that gives us a nice tool during games is the foot stomp. Which brings me to a point...I appreciate the football team, etc. showing up...but please learn how to do a defense chant in the SEFCU. Don't get faster as you chant it, it becomes near impossible to stomp your foot or even clap your hands towards the end. It's a useless chant at that point. Also, I know someone here has a daughter who's a cheerleader...please tell them that when fans (me, click and others in 200) start a chant, to join in on the rhythm chosen and to NOT go off on their own tangent and basically over power the fan (me, click and others in 200). This didn't happen last night, but it has happened a few times this year. I know they can hear me because I'm loud as hell. They definitely hear the section when a few of us get going. Get behind me/us and I/we will lead you to victory!

4365964.jpg

(okay, I got a little carried away there hahaha)

As for the NIT NIT NIT comment...I didn't hear the band do it but I heard some girls next to me in section 200 do it. I LOL'ed. It was great.

Edited by Ilko