UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

http://m.reviewjournal.com/ron-kantowski/vegas-16-basketball-tournament-needs-few-good-teams

"Teams on his and George Ravelings radar the basketball Hall of Famer also is on the committee include Florida State, Arkansas, Brigham Young, Oakland, Albany and perhaps a couple of Mountain West teams (but not UNLV)."

50k entry fee for teams to cover air fare, hotel, etc.

Edited by UA'08

Don't think any of these tournaments are prestigious lol, but I'd rather play a 15-15 Stanford in the Vegas16 than a 18-19 win NJIT team in the CIT. Only differences between them are that the CIT (32 teams) requires an above .500 record and only mid major teams, while the CBI and Vegas16 (16 teams) don't require a winning record.

It seems like the Vegas Tourney is going to push for big "national names". If so, glad to see us in that tourney. That is what I mean about being prestige. CBI takes under .500 squads. Not sure I want that, unless it's a big name program.

Siena is in the CBI --Channel 13 reported

They also reported that Siena would be in the opposite bracket from UAlbany..if UAlbany plays in the CBI. If that's already 'determined'..makes me think we're holding out for the slim chance we grab an NIT at-large bid..and will go to the CBI if we don't.

Siena is in the CBI --Channel 13 reported

They also reported that Siena would be in the opposite bracket from UAlbany..if UAlbany plays in the CBI. If that's already 'determined'..makes me think we're holding out for the slim chance we grab an NIT at-large bid..and will go to the CBI if we don't.
More like holding out for the Vegas invite!

In all honesty Albany will lose money if they are paying for a CBI home game. Students out all of next week, Siena may be hosting a game the same night, can't see much better of a crowd than we got in the quarterfinal game.

2500 at roughly $15/ticket is $37,500. It's $50,000 to host.

Spend the 50k go out and have a good time in Vegas. Miss a max 3 days of class if you go all the way to the finals. If you keep winning in the CBI you'll continue to miss class, and will have to keep traveling and eventually the hosting fees keep going up in the later rounds. This is obviously all moot if they decide to just play all of them on the road.

Edited by UA'08

In all honesty Albany will lose money if they are paying for a CBI home game. Students out all of next week, Siena may be hosting a game the same night, can't see much better of a crowd than we got in the quarterfinal game.

2500 at roughly $15/ticket is $37,500. It's $50,000 to host.

Spend the 50k go out and have a good time in Vegas. Miss a max 3 days of class if you go all the way to the finals. If you keep winning in the CBI you'll continue to miss class, and will have to keep traveling and eventually the hosting fees keep going up in the later rounds. This is obviously all moot if they decide to just play all of them on the road.

I'd agree BUT

I just want an excuse to go to Vegas for a week