UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

Amazing article, hits all the right points. Wonder if this is the year they decide to just have a computer figure our all stats and decide and take away football players chairing an NCAA basketball selection committee.

Lunardi: The selection committee got so much wrong -- and here is how

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/112470/the-committee-got-so-much-wrong-and-here-is-how

Edited by MRSGDG

No NIT.

There was never a shot at the NIT.

Seems like there was. NIT Chair mentioned they asked for materials from schools they were considering. The fact that our administration said we were waiting for NIT bids to be announced might suggest we were one of those schools. Certainly chances were low..though. Either way..on to the CBI. Hopefully we can make some noise.
Make some noise in a tournament people made fun of Siena winning 2 years ago. The same tournament UNH got an invite to as well who had one win over a .500 team all year.

You've been very negative recently. Lighten up! ;)

What am I missing here?? Even if we draw 2000-3000 @ $20 a ticket we break even {$40000-$60000} less whatever it cost to turn the lights on etc. You would think concessions would cover opening the building. Vermont barely holds 3000 and they are hosting. Even without students, I can not believe we would not @ least break even by hosting a game??? THOUGHTS????????

What am I missing here?? Even if we draw 2000-3000 @ $20 a ticket we break even {$40000-$60000} less whatever it cost to turn the lights on etc. You would think concessions would cover opening the building. Vermont barely holds 3000 and they are hosting. Even without students, I can not believe we would not @ least break even by hosting a game??? THOUGHTS????????

Shush!

Now you can enjoy two top 10 lacrosse teams battle it out on espnu instead.

Edited by UA'08

I don't think you'll draw 3k. 1500 to 2000 tops

Fellow AE'er killing us on Ohio board...noted!

Spot on. They don't have a lot of raw talent but play great team ball because they have a great coach. Now that Singletary is out, Sanders and the new guy, Cremo, are really the only guys who can slash to the basket but they play a lot of inside-outside ball trying to get open shooters. Your talent level is light years ahead of what they have and outside of Warney (Stony Brook) they haven't seen a big man like Campbell all season. One thing that is always crucial against a Will Brown Albany team - THEY DRAW FOULS. They flop like Italy in the World Cup and are really good at drawing charges. Hopefully Simmons keeps this in mind.

I think the biggest factor here is that this team is used to playing in high school gyms with little to no fan/student support. Get the OZone into it and introduce them to the MAC. Good luck, boys. As much as I've fought you guys over the years, my hatred of Albany as an institution runs deeper.

Spot on. They don't have a lot of raw talent but play great team ball because they have a great coach. Now that Singletary is out, Sanders and the new guy, Cremo, are really the only guys who can slash to the basket but they play a lot of inside-outside ball trying to get open shooters. Your talent level is light years ahead of what they have and outside of Warney (Stony Brook) they haven't seen a big man like Campbell all season. One thing that is always crucial against a Will Brown Albany team - THEY DRAW FOULS. They flop like Italy in the World Cup and are really good at drawing charges. Hopefully Simmons keeps this in mind.

I think the biggest factor here is that this team is used to playing in high school gyms with little to no fan/student support. Get the OZone into it and introduce them to the MAC. Good luck, boys. As much as I've fought you guys over the years, my hatred of Albany as an institution runs deeper.

I don't think anyone "definitely" said Singletary is out. And whoever wrote this, is forgetting about a guy from Australia, who whose outside shot may have been off this year, but who can still slash with the best of them and then make nearly 80% of the foul shot those clots from the mac will commit.

I don't think anyone "definitely" said Singletary is out. And whoever wrote this, is forgetting about a guy from Australia, who whose outside shot may have been off this year, but who can still slash with the best of them and then make nearly 80% of the foul shot those clots from the mac will commit.

clodney is actually a UB fan...I confused him with a SBU fan. My bad there...

Edited by Clickclack

some pundits have actually picked S.B. to pick off the 'cats....I'd be shocked, when S.B. played N.D. Warney was totally intimidated by Zack Augustine, and S.B. got smoked....I actually was hoping for a better matchup for S.B. so the league can maybe get a W....just don't see it against KY

What is best for Albany? SBU our arch rival getting smoked by Kentucky or them winning a game or two and making the AE look better?

My concern about a SBU win is despite Albany objectively having a better decade in athletics I see posters on other boards occasionally mention SBU but almost never Albany. You don't need me to tell you about our lacrosse, basketball and football success. Yet somehow it goes largely unnoticed. We have the most SUNY MBB NCAA appearances, Thompson brothers Etc. Do I really want to root for SBU?