UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Postseason

What is best for Albany? SBU our arch rival getting smoked by Kentucky or them winning a game or two and making the AE look better?

My concern about a SBU win is despite Albany objectively having a better decade in athletics I see posters on other boards occasionally mention SBU but almost never Albany. You don't need me to tell you about our lacrosse, basketball and football success. Yet somehow it goes largely unnoticed. We have the most SUNY MBB NCAA appearances, Thompson brothers Etc. Do I really want to root for SBU?

Smoked. Anyone, but them I'd root for out of the America East. We compete with them for recruits, money from the state, and maybe conference affiliation one day.

Went to the game at SB this year and saw fans with Beat Albany shirts, that had the whole athletics schedule against Albany on the back of the shirt.

What is best for Albany? SBU our arch rival getting smoked by Kentucky or them winning a game or two and making the AE look better?

My concern about a SBU win is despite Albany objectively having a better decade in athletics I see posters on other boards occasionally mention SBU but almost never Albany. You don't need me to tell you about our lacrosse, basketball and football success. Yet somehow it goes largely unnoticed. We have the most SUNY MBB NCAA appearances, Thompson brothers Etc. Do I really want to root for SBU?

I'd look at it more as rooting against Calipari and Kentucky.

I do not really care what it does to the AmEast image; but I hope Kentucky shuts out brook. Yeh, I mean like zero points--a first in ncaa history! I hope they lose so badly, they have to disband their athletic department; or better yet the whole university. As you can tell I really hate brook; but it actually has very little to do with athletics per say, and more to do with how much $ Lavelle, etc. have stolen form us over the years.

• Like 1

I do not really care what it does to the AmEast image; but I hope Kentucky shuts out brook. Yeh, I mean like zero points--a first in ncaa history! I hope they lose so badly, they have to disband their athletic department; or better yet the whole university. As you can tell I really hate brook; but it actually has very little to do with athletics per say, and more to do with how much $ Lavelle, etc. have stolen form us over the years.

Love it.

IT pains me to root for SBU, but we should all root for them to get an upset and major press coverage. I'll keep saying it but there are so many recruits that are borderline big conference players that think they would rather sit the bench or be a role player on a major conference team and bide their time to be stars junior/senior year and maybe have an outside shot at the NBA because there is no chance in the America East. Warney having a dominant performance, getting major press, then vetting drafted might show those guys that they can make in instant impact in this league, win multiple POY and make it to the next level.

The AE hasn't had a player make it to the NBA since 2006. Warney doing it would help every school in the conference recruit.

Edited by godanesgo99

IT pains me to root for SBU, but we should all root for them to get an upset and major press coverage. I'll keep saying it but there are so many recruits that are borderline big conference players that think they would rather sit the bench or be a role player on a major conference team and bide their time to be stars junior/senior year and maybe have an outside shot at the NBA because there is no chance in the America East. Warney having a dominant performance, getting major press, then vetting drafted might show those guys that they can make in instant impact in this league, win multiple POY and make it to the next level.

The AE hasn't had a player make it to the NBA since 2006. Warney doing it would help every school in the conference recruit.

I just spit up my coffee. Wake me up when a SB win helps Albany on the recruiting trail. It's a revolving door in college basketball, if they're good they'll find their way no matter where they start.

Edited by UA'08