UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thrower and McGrew at SBU

What does this college kid do that he has a $5k tax return? If you are leaving $5k in your car you are an idiot. Shadiness all around.

Seeing as he's 23, he might be a graduate student or something and already works full time. I've been working full-time since I was 18 in IT and even though I went to school all but one semester at night, I was always bringing in $3-4k returns each spring with the Hope credits, etc. I'm graduating in 4 weeks (can't believe it)...gonna miss that extra kick-back lol.

EDIT: I know they are a fellow SUNY school and all but...man I'm enjoying their HC leaving, these shmucks getting busted, wasn't their AD or FB coach or something like that forced to 'resign' under suspicious allegations a year or two ago? Meanwhile...aside from petty things like Gontarek, our program has largely been SUPER clean. Love it.

Edited by Eli

Obviously the players are 100% in the wrong here if found guilty and deserve whatever punishment they get.

Although possible, 5k in a tax return is still extremely rare for a 23 yr old college student. What are the chances McGrew and Thrower randomly pick a car to break into that has that much cash in it? It's going to be interesting how this all plays out because it seems like it's more than them just breaking into a random car and stealing money.

That was my last post on that and will keep it to the 15-16 schedule. Here's to SB crashing and burning next year.

Edited by UA'08

If they did this, then they are dumb and deserve whatever happens to them. I'll hold off on judging this until we get all the information. You never know the real story until it is investigated. The part of one article I read that is most damning is that it states that McGrew gave up Thrower's name during questioning, which to me says he admitted to doing it.