UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

purplefam or purplesham?

Has anyone else come across Reece Williams blog posts this the past week starting from 6/20?

http://www.reecewritesofpassage.com/

If you start from the begining you think it's just about the struggles of being a D1 walk-on, but he takes it to a whole other level. Accusing coaches of offending him, to saying he didn't care anymore come his senior year, and from having a scholarship to no scholarship.

He has the right 100% to voice his opinions, but I have to say this makes him come off extremely salty and bitter. No one forced Reece to stay at UA as a walk-on and if he thought he was good enough to play, he could have sought out other schools to transfer to. Theres probably hundreds of former HS basketball players at UA that would have loved to get to experience the life of D1 basketball. How many people get to say they played in the NCAA tournament twice?

I should just, cut to the point...

The blog posts made me sick. I don't know what happend, but I know coach Brown has never had a bad thing to say about Reece in the media. Everyone knows the life of a walk-on absolutely sucks! If the scholarship that wasn't, ended up actually being a scholoarship, would this personal vendetta against the program exist???

• Like 1

Just started reading it...wow is all I can say.

Everyone has wronged him, the school, the coaches, the internship that no-one has called him back on, the schools he wanted to go play at next year (not one coach has called him back), players who were worse than he is as a basketball player but got to play.

The young man has lost his mind...painful read because there are some unfounded delusions of grandeur there.

I will say, the scholarship being pulled back is umm...insane. That's terrible...school screwed up there.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

It's this sense of entitlement these young kids have today. I'm not old, but I'm young either. It's crazy how big of difference it is now from just 8 years ago when I graduated.

I just turned 29 and today's 'youth' is such an embarrassment. They need safe spaces cause words hurt, they suffer from 'affluenza', yadda yadda yadda.

Reece is a tool. Plain and simple. I have little tolerance for stuff like this and I ABSOLUTELY do not believe in political correctness (I bite my tongue on here a lot lol). I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to comment on that stupid article but holding back at the moment.

As for the scholarship, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. That's like people who have their bank accounts mistakenly overflowed with money...they don't get to keep the money due to a banking mistake. The bank corrects the mistake and puts the money in the right account and everyone moves on.

Edited by Eli

It's this sense of entitlement these young kids have today. I'm not old, but I'm young either. It's crazy how big of difference it is now from just 8 years ago when I graduated.

I just turned 29 and today's 'youth' is such an embarrassment. They need safe spaces cause words hurt, they suffer from 'affluenza', yadda yadda yadda.

Reece is a tool. Plain and simple. I have little tolerance for stuff like this and I ABSOLUTELY do not believe in political correctness (I bite my tongue on here a lot lol). I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to comment on that stupid article but holding back at the moment.

As for the scholarship, I don't think he has a leg to stand on. That's like people who have their bank accounts mistakenly overflowed with money...they don't get to keep the money due to a banking mistake. The bank corrects the mistake and puts the money in the right account and everyone moves on.

Read the last 3 or 4 entries...it's not just one but a whole series.

Read the last 3 or 4 entries...it's not just one but a whole series.

I read the last two (the 2nd one first and then the latest one)...I'm pretty sure even his quotes of Brown are made up/not accurate. I'm sure Brown profusely apologized and didn't say , "Ugh, I have no clue what you're talking about".

As has been said...if he was a walk-on he wasn't really obligated to stay on at any point. He didn't have a letter of intent, etc. If he was so fed up, he could have just left. But no, he got to travel the country a bit, go to the dance, etc....all things I'd LOVE to do, even today. If anything, he got a better deal from UA than most of us...we get to pay the same tuition but without all the frills; he got the frills.

Seriously. What. A. Tool.

The only shame here is the program being associated with such an ungrateful millennial. The COMPLETE polar opposite of a genuine class act like Peter Hooley.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

So i read the first one I saw - the one about the scholarship error. This one does not seem that bad to me if it is in fact correct. I don't see any complaining or bad stuff enclosed. It is just a narrative of what sounds like a sad error and mistake. He was basically saying that if he didn't say sorry he might have gotten scholarship as the error may not have been found.

Considering UA finished the year with available scholarship money after Chas Brown left is the thing that would upset me the most if I were him, as they easily could have diverted that money to him. Wasn't Reese a Co-Captain this year even though he redshirted?

I guess I can comment more after reading the other posts.

No one had a gun to his head to sit there all four years...after he leaves...only then he spit on everyone associated with the program, past and present.

About as low character move as you can get. If I was a potential employer and did a background check on his name/internet presence, I wouldn't even talk to him. He was there for YEARS, you'd thinks someone with this much animosity would have had enough self-respect to leave. But no, allegedly he just enjoyed being $iena on by the school and everyone connected to the program. Otherwise it begs the question...why didn't you leave?

Took the time to read them all. Reece has to realize that if he thinks his coaches were tough and insensitive then await till the adult world. Kid didn't make himself look good with the articles. As for being named captain and struggling with it. My goodness coach gives you a golden opportunity and a resume building position take it as a blessing not a curse.

• Like 1

This is probably a case of some kid being the best on his HS team and thinking everything was going to be given to him at the D1 level because he was a HS star and probably prom king or something.

Edited by Eli

He's in for a rude awakaning when he hits the real world.

Each of the five assistant coaches to preside during my four years at UAlbany have offended me uniquely.

Coach Knotts once told me to cut my growing dreadlocks because they looked “unprofessional.” When I finally I did decide to cut them, former assistant coach Friel offered his compliments, saying that, now, I looked “clean.”

Coach Iati once kicked me out of practice because he thought that I had cursed at him. I hadn’t. In fact, I’m known amongst my teammates for often sounding juvenile to avoid using foul language — I say things like “freak!” in exchange for its four-letter alternative.

On his first day, Coach Pelletier either did not hear my introduction and welcome of him to our team, or see my hand extended to be shaken; or, he ignored me.

Read all these this morning but didn't have time to respond. It was said here already but the first thing that came to my mind is millenial entitlement. No one forced this young man to do anything. He could've easily left at any point in time and went to a D2 school and played, especially if he was as good as he thinks he is. I used to have respect for him after watching him run the pregame huddle. Now, not so much. Many of these kids are going to have a really hard time in their careers if this is how they react. It's sad.

• Like 2