UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Buffalo - 9/2/16 at 7PM

Their fan forum is rather stunned.....

Link?

EDIT: NVM, http://www.ubfan.com/board/index.php/topic,16639.0.html

I hate when fans try to make excuses.

Game they should have won? Played down to the competition? What a joke.

If we hit our FG's, this would have been even worse (2 score game). They're lucky they were even in the position to win at the end. Our defense was STOUT and won the game.

Edited by Eli

AWESOME WIN!!!!!!!!!

Comments: Our kicker sucks. Misses chip shots NOT EVEN close. OK if you miss by inches, but Starks misses by yards [not even feet]. Does he even see the goal posts? {redundant comment actually as everyone has had input on this}

Sussman played OK no turnovers; even though he "almost" had a couple picked for six.

What can one say about the D--simply input whatever superlative you LIKE!

We won because we had less mistakes & penalties (even though we did have our share of both) than buffalo AND because of NO turnovers. So those critical of the

conservative play calling {and I am often included in this group) may have to give some props to conservatism?

ps I voted 7/8 wins in the Friday poll out of blind optimism----maybe I was too conservative.

Edited by dslyank

Link?

If we hit our FG's, this would have been even worse (2 score game). They're lucky they were even in the position to win at the end. Our defense was STOUT and won the game.

not to mention the two bombs that were well underthrown and could've both went for TDs.

ezgif-674308619_zps11fiz1ae.gif

I see you've updated your sig haha.

Link?

not to mention the two bombs that were well underthrown and could've both went for TDs.

Oh yeah, forgot those. This game could have very well been a blowout and Sussman could have very well had like a 300yd, 4 TD game.

Also, something else I wanted to add...

Nicastro and Sakowski are HUGE parts of this team as far as leadership goes. Both were out for almost all of last year or close to it, so we were missing that. Having them on the field will only help other guys.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

What a thread to read thru. Still, glad I went to the game. May have been the only UA fan there other than parents, family and friends.

This may have been the best win except for the first Delaware win (UD had more fans and a better stadium), as exciting as the Dario Arango's 45-yd field goal vs. Ithaca at Bleecker, and the D-II wins for league championships over AIC.

Buff post-game radio said the locker room was the quietest they'd ever heard. Just stunned.

Went to the Buffalo Tap Room to lube my throat after the game. One guy at the bar was saying how UB is the only true Division I school in SUNY. He didn't notice my hat, and I was the only UA fan there so I just kept my mouth shut for a change, and enjoyed.

Guy behind me was saying the whole third Quarter "when are we going to change QBs?" After the two long passes and the two-point conversion we agreed we liked Sussman at QB. :rolleyes:

Re the BS calls, of course they're MAC refs

UB stadium is really a mess. There are more seats in the end zones than on the sidelines. Not only is the track eight full lanes, there's room outisde it (not quite as much as the road at University Field). The video board isn't as big as ours but it's much further away (and in front of the seats in that endzone. They did have probably over 3000 students, but more than half left at halftime.

They had their fireworks show at halftime, which I liked better than after the game, but the second half started with a lot of smoke hampering visiibility. I couldn't tell on the video board, but live it was very noticeable.

• Like 1

The smoke after half time was visible on TV and the guys mentioned it. Speaking of the ESPN guys, the color/analyst was way too chatty, but then again it's ESPN. The D did give up some yards, but bent and seldom broke. Tackling was good and players were flying to the ball. Place Kicking game was atrocious. I agree, Starke needs glasses or something because on the FG attempts it really looked like he was kicking at some phantom goal posts. The local HS teams have better kickers than that. Sussman vastly improved from 2015. Like GG says, he's going to make some mistakes. UB's RFr QB is going to be REAL good. UB made at least 6 critical errors, 4 turnovers + 2 bone head penalties, UA made none (if you discount the bark at the moon phantom goal post field goal attempts). And that was the game.

The smoke after half time was visible on TV and the guys mentioned it. Speaking of the ESPN guys, the color/analyst was way too chatty, but then again it's ESPN. The D did give up some yards, but bent and seldom broke. Tackling was good and players were flying to the ball. Place Kicking game was atrocious. I agree, Starke needs glasses or something because on the FG attempts it really looked like he was kicking at some phantom goal posts. The local HS teams have better kickers than that. Sussman vastly improved from 2015. Like GG says, he's going to make some mistakes. UB's RFr QB is going to be REAL good. UB made at least 6 critical errors, 4 turnovers + 2 bone head penalties, UA made none (if you discount the bark at the moon phantom goal post field goal attempts). And that was the game.

I wouldn't say UA made none. Two missed FGs, two huge penalties that could've lost the game and two bad throws to wide open WRs deep. Not turning the ball over though was huge.