UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

David Nichols - Promotions

I'm not sure about anyone else but I've seen a lot of David Nichols. He seems to be featured in many of the advertising campaigns to promote the upcoming season. Just curious, because he played behind a stacked backcourt last year and didn't get much time. I'm hoping this is a sign that he has a lot more to show us this season.

The kid isn't tall but he has ups. I don't remember who won, but there was a news special on a dunk contest between him and McKinley at the end of last season. If he has grown any and/or spent any time in gym he could be an explosive player.

While the game leaves a lot to forget - I was excited when at the very end of the Hartford playoff loss last year Nichols drained a 3 pointer on the last play of the game. I thought that was at least the smallest sliver of silver lining on a disgusting game.

I actually thought whenever he did play, he played pretty well. I think he's the x factor from the starting unit (assuming he's the starter). We know what Cremo, Rowley, Stire, Dallas will do.

I agree with Eli that Nichols is the x factor. I love Cremo, but to contend I think Nichols has to be the stud {I think he is.} This of course is one man's opinion and with very little knowledge of the newbies. But I commented after last years purple growl that Nichols could out leap anyone on the team and that proved to be true. I also commented that he had quick hands defensively and a great first step to the basket. With his limited actual playing time, I could not assess the validity of these last two observations. I think his ball handling and passing are a work in progress, but should improve with reps. If so and if my other observations prove correct; I think he will not only be the x factor but be a Stud in the ameast.