UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Holy Cross - 9/17/16 at 7PM

I have no complaints on facilities. I thought I had read somewhere that you had to rent a seat for the bleachers, but I may have been

mistaken. I wanted Hanks and Sussman out for the last possession and 'm always disappointed when we commit stupid

penalties. Specifically the late hit. I'm not sure what the rule is on celebrations, but that didn't seem excessive.

Athletic Administration contact info for gameday issues:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/StaffDirectory.dbml

Click on their names and you can see their pictures.

Incase you are wondering who is telling you what at game days, etc. Many new staff that have no history to even know the school sold the portable chairbacks at their own store but are willing to make policy changes without informing people or educating themselves on the topic. Sigh.

Other than the seat issue I thought game day was great.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

I wanted Hanks and Sussman out for the last possession and 'm always disappointed when we commit stupid

penalties. Specifically the late hit.

I saw the HC player throw a forearm at the end of the play, naturally the penalty was called on the retaliation, which is why you have to restrain yourself.

I agree with many of the complaints but, fans have to support 64 football scholarships more than any other team. If you want to have a quality program SUCK IT UP!!! Nothing is free and very few things are cheap. I agree that concession lines are too long, ticket prices are too high for the empty gold seats(We don't have anyone to talk to), and a charge of $10 for parking 1/4 mile from the stadium is a joke. But in truth the University is still learning--give them a break. After graduating over 50 years ago, we are extremely proud to see the growth of UAlbany.

• Like 3

Sorry Old-timer, I graduated only 45 years ago; and I understand the cost of college athletics and the importance of putting a quality product on the field. I support this both philosophically and financially. My problem is that the last couple of years we seem to initiate policies that are counter productive to building a fan base. UA has one of the finest Business Schools in the country (not my major) and any Marketing 101 student can tell you raise prices when you have a demand and lower them while trying to build a demand. You also promote the heck out of your product when trying to build a demand [which I admit UA is doing a better job of late.] And with a product in demand or not you never alienate your market. The customer is alway right marketing 101.

Please be advised that I have had only minor grousing over pricing as I understand the need to raise more money for a higher level program. I HAVE sucked it up. UAlbany is STILL SELLING stadium seats on their web site store. For what??? Back yard BBQs??? There are two possibilities here, both unsettling. Either it was a mammoth miscommunication or someone in charge thought it was a good idea to harass and deny entry to dedicated fans with stadium seats sold by the university in their stadium.

Edited by jimbo

I agree with many of the complaints but, fans have to support 64 football scholarships more than any other team. If you want to have a quality program SUCK IT UP!!! Nothing is free and very few things are cheap. I agree that concession lines are too long, ticket prices are too high for the empty gold seats(We don't have anyone to talk to), and a charge of $10 for parking 1/4 mile from the stadium is a joke. But in truth the University is still learning--give them a break. After graduating over 50 years ago, we are extremely proud to see the growth of UAlbany.

Agreed we have come a far way. And lines and prices increasing.. okay makes sense. It's things like the seats that gets me. One issue with the last administration and their staff was their communication externally and internally was subpar.

Small things like the seats, can ruin fans experiences, their want to continue to buy season tickets and willingness to donate. And they are so easily avoidable. As I heard someone (season tix holder) say at the Alumni Valley Cats game event this summer to an athletic staff member (Griff I think) who works under Benson, the school needs to learn to act like they are a big D1 and that means communication to fans, season ticket holders needs to be proof read, run through people and due diligence had. (This was after the letters went out about pricing before actual information on what you could get for the increases)

So many small avoidable things.

But other than that, the team kicked butt and the game was awesome.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

I wanted Hanks and Sussman out for the last possession and 'm always disappointed when we commit stupid

penalties. Specifically the late hit.

I saw the HC player throw a forearm at the end of the play, naturally the penalty was called on the retaliation, which is why you have to restrain yourself.

I think what happened was HC player threw a forearm/weak stiff arm at the end of the play as him and a UA player were going out. I personally had ZERO issue with what happened between the UA tackler and the HC offensive player...but then...then #25 (second UA player) comes in WAAYYYY after the fact and BLASTS the HC guy, if I recall, right in the helmet. I'm honestly surprised he didn't get a penalty + a warning that if it happens again he's gone. The HC kid was beyond the painted soccer lines or whatever they are...halfway to the bench (due to momentum). If I was our coach, I'd have sat that kid (#25) for the rest of the quarter at least...very dangerous hit and could have hurt the team in more ways than one.

So, what I mean to say is, I didn't see any 'retaliation'...the UA kid that got stiff armed didn't react from what I saw from section 205. It was another UA kid that screwed the pooch.

I know these kids are fired up and stuff...but after watching "Last Change U" (on Netflix) and the last episode of the series...I don't want to see something like that happen due to a 'cheap shot'. That was most definitely a cheap shot on UA #25's part.

EDIT: Just looked him up. #25 is Jamal Robinson. A JR. He should know better.

People forget where we were a mere four years ago...

Step-by-Step process.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2

People forget where we were a mere four years ago...

Step-by-Step process.

Let the administration hear it... It's the only way thw critical ways to get feedback to them. D96 has a point... This athletic department has come such a long way... They will take this criticism in stride and keep getting better. Let 'em have it.

Given all the new pieces this year..I thought yesterday went pretty well. Concession lines were too long..but it also looked like some lines were shorter than others..so people will figure that out. Brand new parking system seemed ok..all things considered. And many fans will now know where to go.

Clearly the roll out of the seat rental was a huge swing and a miss. I went back to the Game Day email they sent out and there was no mention of not being able to bring your own. And I've never heard of that at any stadium before. Add on the fact that a lot of us bought our seats from Athletics and barring them just doesn't make sense. The focus of the rentals should be fans who don't own their own seats but don't mind dropping a few bucks a game to be a bit more comfortable. Perfect way to generate revenue from a new source. Not sure who made the call..but my guess is that they figure out it was the wrong decision and make it clear that seats are welcome come St. Francis.

Obviously the win and a 3-0 start makes almost anything better..but I was relatively pleased with how the home opener went. Great crowd too.

• Like 1

Yeah all things considered, it was a big win and hopefully the 'fair weather' fans come back for a second helping on Saturday. Are the seats you guys purchased from the store the same ones used as rentals? Or are your seat bottoms a more proportionate size to your rears? I don't know if I have a badonkadonk or what, but I felt like I was sitting on a 2x4 for the most part.

Yeah all things considered, it was a big win and hopefully the 'fair weather' fans come back for a second helping on Saturday. Are the seats you guys purchased from the store the same ones used as rentals? Or are your seat bottoms a more proportionate size to your rears? I don't know if I have a badonkadonk or what, but I felt like I was sitting on a 2x4 for the most part.

Maybe your ass size is the problem? :P

dat-fat-ass_o_1234582.jpg

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1