UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Week 4: vs. StFUP 9/24 7:00

And just like that UAlbany will never schedule St. Francis (PA) again.

A lot of bad blood after the Nicastro late hit. I thought the SFU player should have been ejected.

Along the walkway back to the locker room there was a lot of chatter from UA fans to SFU players...the bad energy in the air was palpable.

StFU needs to STFU.

And just like that UAlbany will never schedule St. Francis (PA) again.

A lot of bad blood after the Nicastro late hit. I thought the SFU player should have been ejected.

Along the walkway back to the locker room there was a lot of chatter from UA fans to SFU players...the bad energy in the air was palpable.

StFU needs to STFU.

Go watch the replay. It was not the SFU player's fault. UA player shoved him and he went flying into Nicastro's leg. Not a cheap shot. I have no clue what the flags were for honestly after watching the replay several times.

Replay link:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=15800

Nicastro was taken off on a cart. Did not look good. Huge scrum at the end. Never saw that at a UA game. Sussman hit Roberson in stride earlier in the game...long bomb...Zee dropped it. Hanks dropped one too. Yeah...Alston is FAST!

Go watch the replay. It was not the SFU player's fault. UA player shoved him and he went flying into Nicastro's leg. Not a cheap shot. I have no clue what the flags were for honestly after watching the replay several times.

Replay link:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=15800

First, let me say how great it is to have access to free replays of these games, with the links posted so expeditiously. Only criticism I have (and I have to have at least one) is that the scroll bar doesn't have enough sensitivity; it is too difficult to get to a specific part of the game.

Looks like you are right, DrG...not a deliberate act.

From my perspective: SFU had gotten increasingly chippy throughout the game, and was talking a lot of trash after they fell behind. The hit happened in front of the UA bench, to the team leader on defense, so it amplified the accusations. After the game, besides UA fans berating SFU players, many of the UA players were talking about the play in question, with one even talking about how the SFU player "torpedoed Michael". And this occurred after a shoving match on the field, an ear chewing by GG to his players, and an extended delay in leaving the field so as not to intermingle with the SFU players...I still say that is the last we see of that NEC team for a while.

Edited by haggyland

Nicastro was taken off on a cart. Did not look good. Huge scrum at the end. Never saw that at a UA game. Sussman hit Roberson in stride earlier in the game...long bomb...Zee dropped it. Hanks dropped one too. Yeah...Alston is FAST!

Ball to Zee was 50 yards in the air, with good zip on it.

Roberson has to make that catch, but if he was like the people in my row he was likely surprised to see such a well-thrown ball.

Gattuso thinks it was a cheap shot: "It's not (Nicastro's) knee, which is a good thing," Gattuso said. "I thought it was an exceptionally cheap shot."

Sussman not impressed with SFU either: ""I think Saint Francis is a bunch of sore losers," Sussman said."

Edited by haggyland

That end around was a thing of beauty. They tried it 2-3 times before that and the runner (Alston) always went to the far outside. This time he faked outside and then cut it inside and hit the jets. BEAUTIFUL.

As for Nicastro...terrible. When players surround an injured player, it's usually not a good sign (they usually hang back if it's just a zinger). Then they started to come over to him on the cart and wishing him well wishes...also never a good sign.

SFU definitely had some questionable hits, including an out of bounds one. Prompted me to give them da business. Sore losers indeed, as Sussman said. I got a chuckle out of 205 by saying I hope their bus breaks down. Anyone here if it did? Would have been AWESOME. Losers.

Zach on the post game show said he was down on the field to interview Gatuso and the SFU players were the ones out of control. One made a fist towards a cop, one put his hands on one of the UA coaches neck and many were just looking to start a brawl. Sore losers? I don't think we played a dirty game.

That's messed up.
Edited by Eli

Zach on the post game show said he was down on the field to interview Gatuso and the SFU players were the ones out of control. One made a fist towards a cop, one put his hands on one of the UA coaches neck and many were just looking to start a brawl. Sore losers? I don't think we played a dirty game.

Well, aint that special.

Ugh, bad pass.

Side note: Are the gold seats always this empty. Looks horrible on the feed to have all those empty seats.

YES. Was not quite as obvious last year when it was pretty easy to sneak in & some game day purchases made it look better. This year with alcohol and food delivery and such and much higher game day price; unauthorized entrance much more difficult, so emptiness much more evident. I sit in the next section over from gold, and no one is monitoring access to non-gold seats, so it is appears more full, than believe me it actually should be [i.e. seats purchased.] This is why a lot of us our complaining about higher prices and stupid rules. Fill the place and I'll be very content to pay their price.

On a side note, there was exactly five stadium seats in my section and I think six in the next section over. Extrapolating to popular season ticket sections (not counting gold chair backs), I would estimate 30-40 stadium seats @ $5 rental; less than $200 revenue. So restricting fans from bringing their own is causing far more ill will than positive revenue generated.

Edited by dslyank