UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I just got back in smallbany after being away for the better part of two weeks and I am dismayed to see NO change in the stadium policies. First of all my praise to all those who tried so hard to get some sense in the policy. For those who say relax we've come along way baby, I say going backwards or losing football is not impossible (ask Hofstra etc.). For those who say football cost a lot and shut up and pay, I say it NOT about the $20 or whatever; it is about building a fan and community base to avoid becoming a Hofstra etc..

When I got back today, I wanted to send an email to Benson and encourage/plead/beg them to relax the rules for homecoming & perhaps the rest of the season until a committee of admin, security, fans, community leaders, etc. could come up with a policy that is not only secure but enhances the "Game Day Experience." [their term not mine]. But alas I guess it is to late.

My name is on the plaque dedicating the stadium and I was embarrassed both home games. First when my all garment seat and I were unceremoniously denied entrance and second game when I came with a group of 7 family and friends and we had to enter the stadium with blankets over our shoulders as if we were crossing the Rio Grande and crashing threw "Trump's Wall." Now I have to look forward to homecoming with family, friends, alumni; some with little children being made to walk their strollers back to Dutch or wherever. Some parents and their new UA freshman/transfer child will be experiencing Casey stadium for the first time and will be welcomed with "Sorry No Stadium Seats." please. And I heard Richmond travels well. How hospitable is it telling the opponents family, friends and fans--please hike back to your car and deposit your over sized purse etc.. I know it is OK to beat the cra@#$ out of the opponent on the field, but when did the ncaa say be unsportsmanlike to the fans. We are liable to become the laughing stock of the caa with this current policy. I don't know, maybe this all an exaggeration, but it does NOT seem to me a great way to BUILD A PROGRAM.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

I just got back in smallbany after being away for the better part of two weeks and I am dismayed to see NO change in the stadium policies. First of all my praise to all those who tried so hard to get some sense in the policy. For those who say relax we've come along way baby, I say going backwards or losing football is not impossible (ask Hofstra etc.). For those who say football cost a lot and shut up and pay, I say it NOT about the $20 or whatever; it is about building a fan and community base to avoid becoming a Hofstra etc..

When I got back today, I wanted to send an email to Benson and encourage/plead/beg them to relax the rules for homecoming & perhaps the rest of the season until a committee of admin, security, fans, community leaders, etc. could come up with a policy that is not only secure but enhances the "Game Day Experience." [their term not mine]. But alas I guess it is to late.

My name is on the plaque dedicating the stadium and I was embarrassed both home games. First when my all garment seat and I were unceremoniously denied entrance and second game when I came with a group of 7 family and friends and we had to enter the stadium with blankets over our shoulders as if we were crossing the Rio Grande and crashing threw "Trump's Wall." Now I have to look forward to homecoming with family, friends, alumni; some with little children being made to walk their strollers back to Dutch or wherever. Some parents and their new UA freshman/transfer child will be experiencing Casey stadium for the first time and will be welcomed with "Sorry No Stadium Seats." please. And I heard Richmond travels well. How hospitable is it telling the opponents family, friends and fans--please hike back to your car and deposit your over sized purse etc.. I know it is OK to beat the cra@#$ out of the opponent on the field, but when did the ncaa say be unsportsmanlike to the fans. We are liable to become the laughing stock of the caa with this current policy. I don't know, maybe this all an exaggeration, but it does NOT seem to me a great way to BUILD A PROGRAM.

I would still encourage anyone who has a grievance on this to call/email the AD. It could be that the total number of people complaining is "manageable" in their eyes. I've done all I can do at this point. VC did not paint some of the former AD dept staff in a good light and did not see why they had a policy they chose to ignore, then compounded it by selling seats in the stadium store. He did accept full responsibility for us being blindsided with the change and not knowing about the previous three years of stadium seat use. They have hired a contract security company called Green Mountain to do stadium security and replace inconsistent student security staff. Truly we are both still bitter about it and can't understand why the policy cannot be changed to allow seats in that cannot conceal a weapon. He indicated that a lot of stadiums ban them, but did not address why we now are more strict than our SUNY sister institutions. Like I said, win me back or suffer the consequences. Maybe they won't care, but at least I will have made a stand.

Oh, Click.....HA HA HA!

Edited by jimbo

I am a more recent grad (class of 99) so maybe I don't know the pain of back issues at 40 than I would at 60. I'm just a supporter that doesn't like complaining loudly about minor issues (to 98% of the fans) that can cast a shadow over all the positives. I'd rather keep my complaints to private conversations with the staff (who have been more than approachable) instead of creating a public controversy.

Silent majority I guess.

Besides not reading this thread as others have already suggested to you, if you truly believe comments should not be made publicly on this topic and only in private to the people involved you ought to follow you own advice and not keep commenting. You don't come off looking good

I would still encourage anyone who has a grievance on this to call/email the AD. It could be that the total number of people complaining is "manageable" in their eyes. I've done all I can do at this point. VC did not paint some of the former AD dept staff in a good light and did not see why they had a policy they chose to ignore, then compounded it by selling seats in the stadium store. He did accept full responsibility for us being blindsided with the change and not knowing about the previous three years of stadium seat use. They have hired a contract security company called Green Mountain to do stadium security and replace inconsistent student security staff. Truly we are both still bitter about it and can't understand why the policy cannot be changed to allow seats in that cannot conceal a weapon. He indicated that a lot of stadiums ban them, but did not address why we now are more strict than our SUNY sister institutions. Like I said, win me back or suffer the consequences. Maybe they won't care, but at least I will have made a stand.

Oh, Click.....HA HA HA!

Wow blaming the past employees for the issue. Not shocked but just own up to it man, that's the part that rubs me the wrong way. They still don't have the sense to say they screwed up.

I am a more recent grad (class of 99) so maybe I don't know the pain of back issues at 40 than I would at 60. I'm just a supporter that doesn't like complaining loudly about minor issues (to 98% of the fans) that can cast a shadow over all the positives. I'd rather keep my complaints to private conversations with the staff (who have been more than approachable) instead of creating a public controversy.

Silent majority I guess.

Besides not reading this thread as others have already suggested to you, if you truly believe comments should not be made publicly on this topic and only in private to the people involved you ought to follow you own advice and not keep commenting. You don't come off looking good

Lol Bob, I read this thread and all others because I care about the program. Everyone has the right to share their opinion. You have yours and so does everyone else.

Mine just so happens to be that this is a petty issue to make such a huge stink about and making such a huge deal out of it in the only real forum we have is embarrassing when fans of other schools look at our board, and the whining does more harm to the growth of the program than the stupid policy does in the first place. I find quiet conversations with the staff much more effective and I stand by that opinion. If I was in the Athletic department this thread and the threats of pulling donations would make me want to help you less. You disagree, but that is what makes internet forums great. So get off your high horse in telling someone not to read the thread. It wouldn't be the modern internet if people didn't disagree in message boards.

Still find it odd that if this was a facility and security issue wouldn't the facility folks be the ones talking to unhappy fans..it's not it's the revenue staffer. And I will beat this dead horse because they are still BSing people.

I also think they should care if people will pull their donations. If they don't it shows their ignorance. There are people with money to donate pissed about their treatment of fans and donors. Be honest.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 2

Silent majority I guess.

Lol Bob, I read this thread and all others because I care about the program. Everyone has the right to share their opinion. You have yours and so does everyone else.

Mine just so happens to be that this is a petty issue to make such a huge stink about and making such a huge deal out of it in the only real forum we have is embarrassing when fans of other schools look at our board, and the whining does more harm to the growth of the program than the stupid policy does in the first place. I find quiet conversations with the staff much more effective and I stand by that opinion. If I was in the Athletic department this thread and the threats of pulling donations would make me want to help you less. You disagree, but that is what makes internet forums great. So get off your high horse in telling someone not to read the thread. It wouldn't be the modern internet if people didn't disagree in message boards.

obviously everyone has the right to share on opinion.

I am just saying you are commenting a lot on this thread for someone who doesn't think this is an appropriate place to discuss this topic and for someone who seemingly was not understanding that others have the right to share their opinion :) or at the very least was bitching about others expressing their opinions

Again, if you really feel that way you should stop reading this thread and stop commenting on it and let those who feel this is an appropriate place to discuss have the discussion.

Edited by bob87

Tailgating ...Watching two parents holding twin babies with a backpack on for their baby stuff ..oh this is not gonna be good.

Lots of women's being turn away.

Edit: more families being turns away with babies and diaper bags

Edited by MRSGDG

I was away in japan for the first 2 games but today was a joke. For a sold out (close to it) you have 1/3 to 1/2 of the gates open. At least get enough staff. I been to 625 + venues and we act like we are as dumb as $iena

Edited by bob87