UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

They didn't let umbrellas in when I went in. They made them check them.

They let umbrellas in after 330 that when we were in line, they checked no bags... backpacks, umbrellas etc all went through since the lines were so long.

Edited by MRSGDG

Hey folks, this is kind of petty. Lol. We are in the upper deck and a few women brought a freaking STROLLER up the stairs to the second deck, detached the baby carrier and hauled the stroller back down the stairs. WTF? FYI, I brought in a couple of 8" lengths of pool noodle (slit down the side) to cover the metal bar on the back of the awful rental seats. Not bad!

• Like 2

Add another complaint to the fiasco thread. It was threatening with rain and I wanted to buy some of those rain poncho's they had a year or two ago and when I went to the store......nothing. They wanted to upsell me a water proof jacket for $37. You kidding me? I said hell to the no, told the young girl behind the counter to tell her supervisor that they need to, in no particular terms, get their $iena together and walked off without giving them a dime. Freakin joke.

FWIW. I saw a number of unauthorized stadium seats. At least 4 seats & 4 or so pads in my section alone. The lady behind me had a stadium seat AND a canvas bag big enough to carry the kitchen sink in. I did see some people being turned around including an old lady with looked like lambs wool cushions?? I do not know if the seats I saw were snuck-in, missed (except the lady with the bag--you'd have to be blind to miss), or selective enforcement in effect. I did not approach or ask anyone how they got/snuck in. As far as I'm concerned more power to them.

I will say this; my free so far rental seat is as BAD as advertised. I would not buy it or rent it for a nickel let alone $5 or $20 or $65. I had planned to send GDAC $20 for this year, because I refuse to accept a free-bee. Yesterday was the first time I used it because @ St. Francis I sat with friends in the cheap seats [and YES I paid for my cheap seat ticket, even though I have a "deluxe" season seat.] Anyhow now I am going to ask to have it removed rather than accept a free-bee that is not even worth that amount.

As long as I am ranting {feel free NOT TO READ if so inclined}; I wish I had $5 for everyone I saw sneak into the $100 gold seats. I sit in purple and have entered my section approximately 6 times {two games attended [remember one game in cheap seats]--in @ game time, in again @ half time, in again after hospitality complaint trips}. and NOT ONCE have I been asked if I had an appropriate ticket to sit in PURPLE. Now you might say the usher/security probably knows me by now. However, I have not seen a single usher in my section this year. I have been in the same seat since bofo opened, and every year until now; a usher was posted @ the entrance to my section. I guess all the ushers are needed @ the main gates to harass people.

I saw 3 or 4 full backbacks on the upper level, and many umbrellas and honestly we walked in with a friend who had a huge purse and they didn't even ask to look in it. At that point they just ushered everyone in and wanted to get the line shorter since the game was starting. Guess our the need for "security" like the NFL stadium is a pick and choose thing. Like others said it just show the policy makes no sense if they can decide when to enforce and when not to.

• Like 1

As long as I am ranting {feel free NOT TO READ if so inclined}; I wish I had $5 for everyone I saw sneak into the $100 gold seats. I sit in purple and have entered my section approximately 6 times {two games attended [remember one game in cheap seats]--in @ game time, in again @ half time, in again after hospitality complaint trips}. and NOT ONCE have I been asked if I had an appropriate ticket to sit in PURPLE. Now you might say the usher/security probably knows me by now. However, I have not seen a single usher in my section this year. I have been in the same seat since bofo opened, and every year until now; a usher was posted @ the entrance to my section. I guess all the ushers are needed @ the main gates to harass people.

Regarding the ushers, 205 usually has an usher but today we didn't.....until 3 young guys stopped at the stop of the stairs late in the 3rd or early in the 4th quarter and a few guys in 206 started yelling to them to find a seat or get out of the way. Then finally a lady in a yellow jacket (from 204 - someone must have notified her) told them to get a seat or beat it and they left...2 minutes later both sides of my section got ushers.

I mean, the whole stadium experience, frankly is a joke. No rain gear at an outdoor stadium when it was there in years past (as recently as last year)? Selective enforcement of rules? Ushers in/out? Terrible rental seats that I wouldn't even use if they paid me (and I had back pain yesterday)?

It's a joke. I'm actually embarrassed. This is the 4th year of having this stadium...how do we not have everything just humming along game in, game out? Out sourcing security hasn't yielded anything but bad results.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

The way it's currently configured, Casey is not designed to effectively handle crowds of 9,000. All of the rest rooms and concessions are in one place and that place is far from the bleachers and berm. I went down at half time for a walk to stretch my legs and it was not possible to walk...shuffle at best. The area under the main stands was (I think) dangerously overcrowded. Overheard a Sodexo employee calling on a cell phone for help and leadership. They really need some secondary concessions, even if it's just grab-and-go water, soda, popcorn type stuff. Expecting a patron to wait 20 minutes to buy a bottle of water is just not acceptable. Having large crowds is nice and a tribute to the upgrades and success of the program, but as others have said, if we want to keep that going there needs to be better management of the "game day experience."

• Like 1

Add another complaint to the fiasco thread. It was threatening with rain and I wanted to buy some of those rain poncho's they had a year or two ago and when I went to the store......nothing. They wanted to upsell me a water proof jacket for $37. You kidding me? I said hell to the no, told the young girl behind the counter to tell her supervisor that they need to, in no particular terms, get their $iena together and walked off without giving them a dime. Freakin joke.

why sell you a $3 plastic garbage bag poncho when they can sell you a $37 rain jacket? Revenue enhancement. And we are to believe UA makes nothing off of store sales? What kind of contract did they sign with B&N?
  • Like 1