UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

46 WAS WIDE OPEN OVER THE MIDDLE FOR AN EASY FIRST DOWN! Locked in on one WR and made a terrible throw.

If this team had a QB it would be a top 10 FCS team.

I dunno...the D has been suspect the last few games, and I am not sure if it is not simply us wearing down due to depth and size.

We would be a 14-20 team...no doubt....but Top 10...hard pressed.

Probably right but the defense actually played decent today. Stopped them starting inside the 20 once, then again after the INT by Sussman. Last week I thought they played alright against a very good offensive team. Take away those bombs and maybe the 16 points would've been enough.

Watching UNH come back with 20+ points with their backup QB throwing all over the place.

I really like Gattuso...but he needs to take a long hard look around the league. Teams that pass win. Teams that don't (Elon, UR, Towson in the past), won't win.

The fact that UNH is able to do this with a backup QB...and we don't have two guys in the 1 and 2 position that have any sort of ability to throw, is just ridiculous. If Brunson is not capable, and Jake Thompson is not a superstar in the wings, they better go out and grab a transfer...and place their sole focus on a QB this cycle.

I really would love to see what Brunson has for playmaking ability.

• Like 1

46 WAS WIDE OPEN OVER THE MIDDLE FOR AN EASY FIRST DOWN! Locked in on one WR and made a terrible throw.

I dunno...the D has been suspect the last few games, and I am not sure if it is not simply us wearing down due to depth and size.

Probably right but the defense actually played decent today. Stopped them starting inside the 20 once, then again after the INT by Sussman. Last week I thought they played alright against a very good offensive team. Take away those bombs and maybe the 16 points would've been enough.

And one of the bombs was good defense, receiver just jumped over the DB to grab it.

Anyone listen to the Maine announcers on their broadcast? Did they say anything about the noncall of interference on our last play? I know they wanted one against us in the first half that was ruled uncatchable.

And one of the bombs was good defense, receiver just jumped over the DB to grab it.

Anyone listen to the Maine announcers on their broadcast? Did they say anything about the noncall of interference on our last play? I know they wanted one against us in the first half that was ruled uncatchable.

The main announcers' called the last play-" a good defensive effort" or something similar. It was definitely NOT. I am not sure if the ball was catchable. The defender absolutely shoved the UA receiver. So it was either a pass interference or an overthrow; but definitely not a good defensive effort.

That being said, it seemed to me Maine pretty much tried to give us the game a number of times. But our O simply was awful (qb as stated in particular) and could not take advantage. Also, on the first series of the game we went for a field goal fourth and less than two for a 1st down and later in the game missed a field goal in the same situation. Show some confidence in the offensive , be daring, gamble. I pretty much understand why the coaches are so conservative with the O; but what do we have to lose? Which brings me to my last point--I was not terribly impressed with Maine (except maybe their D-line) and think they will finish middle of the pack in the CAA. So unless we find a qb or somehow the offense reboots; it is going to be a LONG second half of the season. We will be lucky to finish middle pack. Feel free to disagree!

I feel bad for the Defense because they are really productive. The Offense needs to get figured out.

I'm sure when it was said that defense wins games they didn't intend that to mean with limited to no offensive output. You still have to score.

There is nothing to figure out. Gattuso has been here for close to a half a decade and can't find a decent QB. He's got talent in many places on that offense except for the most important position in all football. What that means is that everyone takes away our running game and forces our qb to beat them...he can't and he won't and that's on Gattuso that some teams as D96 pointed out have two decent QB's, we don't have a single one on the roster. This much is true...neither Sussman nor Crook are the future so if they lose next week, fold the tent as playoffs are out of reach and see what you got in Brunson.

Look what happened to Hanks numbers. When the season started, the book on UA wasn't out and Hanks ran wild over everyone, now everyone knows we have no passing game so they stack the box and go one on one with receivers and Sussman is clueless. Any decent QB would be ripping defenses to shreds with a RB like Hanks back there but he can't...sad state of affairs. On top of that, the fact that there this is the best we got is an indictment of this roster as it pertains to QB's. There is no one to go to!

There is going to be good talent on this team next year, Gattuso MUST find a QB that isn't a complete waste of a scholarship. There has to be a decent FBS transfer available or something...

Edited by Clickclack

I feel bad for the Defense because they are really productive. The Offense needs to get figured out.

I'm sure when it was said that defense wins games they didn't intend that to mean with limited to no offensive output. You still have to score.

There is nothing to figure out. Gattuso has been here for close to a half a decade and can't find a decent QB.

Hate to nitpick but Gattuso hasn't been here for close to half a decade. He was hired in 2014.

I also understand the frustration with Sussman but I can't see trotting out a QB who hasn't started a game out at Villanova. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Look what happened to Hanks numbers. When the season started, the book on UA wasn't out and Hanks ran wild over everyone, now everyone knows we have no passing game so they stack the box and go one on one with receivers and Sussman is clueless. Any decent QB would be ripping defenses to shreds with a RB like Hanks back there but he can't...sad state of affairs. On top of that, the fact that there this is the best we got is an indictment of this roster as it pertains to QB's. There is no one to go to!

There is going to be good talent on this team next year, Gattuso MUST find a QB that isn't a complete waste of a scholarship. There has to be a decent FBS transfer available or something...

THIS!

There is nothing to figure out. Gattuso has been here for close to a half a decade and can't find a decent QB.

Hate to nitpick but Gattuso hasn't been here for close to half a decade. He was hired in 2014.

I also understand the frustration with Sussman but I can't see trotting out a QB who hasn't started a game out at Villanova. It just seems like a recipe for disaster.

What's the worst that can happen? We lose? That's already a virtual guarantee with Susan at the helm. Villanova will beat us by 50. And if we're worried about Brunson's ego or mental game after getting smoked in his first start...well, I don't want him as the QB. The QB needs to be, if anything, the absolute most mentally tough player on the field. The team goes as he goes. He's the leader. If he can't take a beating and still have his 'wits' about him, frankly IMO, not welcome here. Find another way home, pizza boy.

Fair enough...this is his third season...point stands!

Agreed...if Sussman is struggling again and game is out of reach in the 4th...Throw him out there. Let him sling the rock a bit.

Edited by Clickclack

Villanova just got beat by Richmond 23-0. They gained a total of 222 yards (129 in the air on 12 for 29), lost 1 of 4 fumbles and threw 2 interceptions. I don't think they're beating us by 50.

They are entitled to a bad game, they are only human after all.

Before that, they won 5 straight, the last 4 of which they scored 30+ and two of those were 40+. In their last 6 games (can't really count Pitt since it's, well, Pitt), they have outscored opponents 174-63 (!). Their last three games (2 blowout wins and 1 blowout loss), it's 77-30. This team will smoke us.

If the same Susan shows up, it'll be 42-10 Villanova. It is what it is, I don't have my purple colored glasses on at the moment. I don't see us winning or even being competitive unless something DRASTIC happens at QB/on offense. Maybe Sussman will drink some 'special drink' and become a superstar overnight. One can dream.

Edited by Eli