UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. UVM (Wed 25th @ 7pm)

Albany outrebounded UVM and took fourteen more shots. Cremo and Nichols were a combined 9-33 and Rowley 1-8. We can't shoot that bad again, can we?

Nope. This was BY FAR our worst shooting game of the year. 29.7% (or 30% to make it a nice number). We've been 40%+ every game and many games of near or over 50%.

Couldn't even crack 3k tonight.

Attandace looked solid to me..

Yeah, no issues with the crowd here. I thought it looked good.

The D looked very strong tonight against a very very good team. Shots just didn't fall.

See my stat tracker on last page or beginning of this post.

It's unlikely we shoot that poorly again all year. This was just an abysmal showing. We had a few good shots that almost went down but we had a LOT of stupid layups by Stire and Rowley that either got stuffed or missed...and many of them were Stire and Rowley trying to hard and going under the basket when they should have just gone over, etc.

Edited by Eli

UAlbany men off target in loss to Vermont

Anybody notice this spat?

" Following the postgame handshakes between the two teams, the Danes, as they always do after home games, met together at center court. This time, however, there was a dustup between sophomore guard David Nichols and junior forward Travis Charles. It lasted for just a few seconds, but Charles, visibly upset, had to be led away to the locker room while senior Mike Rowley tried to calm Nichols down."

Noticed last game that the pep band's drums have moved up into the bleachers. Apparently somebody complained that THE DRUMS WERE TOO LOUD

smh

Do we have a leadership problem on the team?

A cohesion problem?

An energy level issue?

A passive/lackadaisical issue?

Still can't get over the stony brook game, we dismantled sbu all game until the last ten minutes,

we had a series of brain farts and we imploded.

We have talent and we can certainly beat Vermont.

UAlbany men off target in loss to Vermont

Anybody notice this spat?

" Following the postgame handshakes between the two teams, the Danes, as they always do after home games, met together at center court. This time, however, there was a dustup between sophomore guard David Nichols and junior forward Travis Charles. It lasted for just a few seconds, but Charles, visibly upset, had to be led away to the locker room while senior Mike Rowley tried to calm Nichols down."

Noticed last game that the pep band's drums have moved up into the bleachers. Apparently somebody complained that THE DRUMS WERE TOO LOUD

smh

No bueno on the dustup. I have more thoughts on that, but we don't know the story so I'll keep that to myself.

As for the drums, good. They are WAY too loud. If you sit in that student section or on that corner of the arena, it's too loud. I was coming into the arena a few games ago and damn near went deaf for the first half. And I played in the HS band for 8 years and sat in front of the trumpets/drums (I was a saxophone) and listen to my music in my car at high volumes...if it's too loud for me, it's too loud.

Edited by Eli

Do we have a leadership problem on the team?

A cohesion problem?

An energy level issue?

A passive/lackadaisical issue?

Probably all of the above.

Cremo's had ample opportunities to come up big in late game situation and hasn't come through. Nichols' at times thinks leadership is just taking the ball and driving it the lane like a mad man. The good thing is the core of the team is pretty young.

Stire and Rowley should NOT be on the court at the same time. It's brutal.

I understand Albany is not a good 3pt shooting team, but it was clear that they were getting nothing offensively inside. Yet they kept sticking to their game plan and only had 8 three point attempts! You're not going to come back from a double digit lead like that.

Couldn't even crack 3k tonight.

Attandace looked solid to me..

I was guessing 3200-3500. Crowd was a bit slow to trickle in but ended up looking pretty healthy. Was surprised to see the reported number.

The UVM faithful did not travel in anywhere close to their usual quantity. I feel this is the price we pay for the ESPN3 coverage. Why drive 6 hours when you can watch on TV? Personally, I really like ESPN3, but, there is no doubt it affects live attendance.

• Like 2

With a couple minutes left on the clock, UA got a stop and Charles grabbed the board. It seemed like UA might have a run in them after all. Charles outletted the ball to Cremo who had turned his back to run the court. Ball goes out of bounds, VT gets the ball back and the TO kind of ends the mini rally (if I remember the situation correctly). I wonder if this is the play that caused the argument?

I was wondering why I didn't see many Vermont fans in the stands... not usual or typical.

I knew of 2-3 groups of people that were panning to go but the roads out of the Champlain Valley were icy and sketchy at best to travel. We had numerous limbs down and power outages also. I also felt that Coach Brown would most likely try to run a halfcourt, slow & deliberate offense and it would be a low scoring slugfest and not very entertaining - Trying to run with UVM is playing to their strength. There refs helped to disrupt the flow too - glad I stayed in Vt

Listened to Roger and Zach on the radio this morning. They said Nichols did not join in the post game meet up at center court and Charles got in his face to get him in there. Nichols supposedly made comments when he did get in this prayer meeting that the prayers were not going to help them win. Apparently WB addressed it after the game. Immaturity, hot heads, disappointment. Not great, but I'd rather they get po'd about losing rather than apathetic. As long as it contributes to the team rather than detracts.

• Like 2

Listened to Roger and Zach on the radio this morning. They said Nichols did not join in the post game meet up at center court and Charles got in his face to get him in there. Nichols supposedly made comments when he did get in this prayer meeting that the prayers were not going to help them win. Apparently WB addressed it after the game. Immaturity, hot heads, disappointment. Not great, but I'd rather they get po'd about losing rather than apathetic. As long as it contributes to the team rather than detracts.

He does have a point that prayers aren't going to win games LOL

I was unable to attend. Watched what I could on my phone, but the bandwidth on the train coming back from nyc caused poor reception & a lot of buffering issues. My opinion is we can compete with Vermont. Not to pick on anyone (the whole team shot terribly), but how does Rowley miss 7 shots from +/- 2 feet. Same with other bigs, missed too many chipez. If we shoot say 38-40% (which for us is pretty bad), we win that game. OK credit vt. defense, but -30% shooting was earned, not just defended.

I have watched vt for years and in my opinion, historically they have always been more physical than talented. Without a live or good look @ yesterdays game, I concede they maybe more talented this year, but in my opinion they still just beat you to death more than anything else. In the ameast tournament, if the officials allow them to do this, they will win it all. BUT if the officials make them "play fair," there are teams in this league that CAN beat them. [my opinion for what its worth.]