UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Vermont - AE Tourney 2017 Championship - 3/11 - 11AM on ESPN2

I'm pretty sure it use to be 12pm. A few years ago they made the move to 11am. Can anyone confirm?

It's been at 11 for a while. Wasn't our first in 2006 at 11 or 11:30? In any case, I actually like the timing. Wake up early for the first big game of the day, grab food and/or beer for breakfast, sun rises first in the Northeast sort of thing. It's gotten to be a bit of a tradition, yeah?

Can we avoid a PIG if we can find a way to win Satrday?

Yes, who really cares? The good side is that we have a better chance of winning a game. Our only NCAA victory was through a playoff game. On the other hand, I think a win over UVM would allow us to avoid the game. Not only would it be a quality win at the end of the season, but I think the selection committee rewards teams that have already been to the Dance. Whether the appearances have to be consecutive or not, I don't know.

Picked up two tickets myself. Excellent!

What parking lot should I be shooting for? Trying to get the lay of the land via Google maps and not sure where visitor parking is.

Am I reading it incorrectly or are we not guaranteed tickets just because we buy them? The email from Athletics last night says that orders must be in by 5pm Thursday..but that ticket orders will be allocated based on GDAC "priority points." So is it possible that you can "purchase" tickets..but then actually not end up with any tickets if the demand exceeds supply? If so..when will we know whether or not we're actually getting tickets?

LOL Albany will keep on Albany'ing.

That I don't know but my GDAC level seems to be pretty high all things considered so I'm not worried. I sent an email and will post back.

Edited by Eli

I'm pretty sure it use to be 12pm. A few years ago they made the move to 11am. Can anyone confirm?

It's been at 11 for a while. Wasn't our first in 2006 at 11 or 11:30? In any case, I actually like the timing. Wake up early for the first big game of the day, grab food and/or beer for breakfast, sun rises first in the Northeast sort of thing. It's gotten to be a bit of a tradition, yeah?

I don't see what the issue is with the time. I would rather the championship game be played on a late Saturday morning as oppose to prime time during the weekday or later during the Saturday where it would get lost in the shuffle of the bigger conferences semifinal and finals. Its the only game on at the time and allows for fans that may not be in the area the opportunity to attend the game. Even the MAAC game had to go up against the WCC semifinals which overshadowed it in terms of national coverage

• Like 1

Pretty sure you're right.

The first championship game at Sefcu started at 11:30 AM. I don't mind the start time. It gave us the rest of the day to celebrate in the Pub.

The only downside to the play in game is you will play against the overall #1 or #2 in round 2. A good chance to get a win might be worth it over getting a 15 or 16 seed off the rip.

If I understand the finance aspect of the tournament, doesn't the conference get money for each round a team appears in? If that's the case, a win in a PIG plus a loss in round 2 is just as good for the conference as a 13 seed upsetting a 4 and losing in the round of 32?

I don't see what the issue is with the time. I would rather the championship game be played on a late Saturday morning as oppose to prime time during the weekday or later during the Saturday where it would get lost in the shuffle of the bigger conferences semifinal and finals. Its the only game on at the time and allows for fans that may not be in the area the opportunity to attend the game. Even the MAAC game had to go up against the WCC semifinals which overshadowed it in terms of national coverage
I doubt any recruit is going to base their decision on the America east championship game at anytime of the day.

The later start time is more beneficial to building a fan base and connecting back alums. 11am on a Saturday just doesn't do it. It has nothing to do with going up against other conferences.That's all. I'd love to go Saturday, but leaving at 2-3:00 in the morning doesn't work.

Edited by UA'08

Picked up two tickets myself. Excellent!

What parking lot should I be shooting for? Trying to get the lay of the land via Google maps and not sure where visitor parking is.

It's pretty well marked when you get there. A big parking lot near the gym. Despite our history with them, the Vermont fans have been pretty friendly on past trips.

• Like 1

Pretty sure you're right.

The first championship game at Sefcu started at 11:30 AM. I don't mind the start time. It gave us the rest of the day to celebrate in the Pub.

Nothing is better than waking up at 8am out here on the west coast to the hopes of another Albany dance card punch. Then Albany goes up against the No. 2 Terps in Lacrosse. Big UA day.

• Like 1

I doubt any recruit is going to base their decision on the America east championship game at anytime of the day.

The later start time is more beneficial to building a fan base and connecting back alums. 11am on a Saturday just doesn't do it. It has nothing to do with going up against other conferences.That's all. I'd love to go Saturday, but leaving at 2-3:00 in the morning doesn't work.

I am not saying any recruit would base their decision to attend a school on the time of their championship game.

But for two hours there is not another college basketball game on in the country. The following conferences have their semi finals or finals this coming Saturday: ACC, Big East, American, BIg Ten, ACC, Big 12. There is no way in hell the AE could compete against them.

Per ticket office about ticket priority/supply & demand:

Everyone who purchases a ticket through our site is guaranteed a seat at Vermont. No one would get bumped after making payment that locks them in. GDAC priority points however will determine seating location.

If anyone does have questions about number of priority points or where they rank they can certainly reach out to Justin Brown at 437-4774.

Everyone who purchases a ticket through our site is guaranteed a seat at Vermont. No one would get bumped after making payment that locks them in. GDAC priority points however will determine seating location.

If anyone does have questions about number of priority points or where they rank they can certainly reach out to Justin Brown at 437-4774.

Seating location is huge at Patrick! You don't want the section where you'll get splinters in your ass!

I am on a roll today.

Back in 2007 we broke the bleachers jumping up and down and were standing on an angle for 3/4 of the game. Good times.

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 2

Good to hear! Their email suggests/suggested something different. "Ticket availability is extremely limited, so all orders and locations will be allocated based on your GDAC Ranking."

Plus, you get to shuffle out of bed on Saturday and snap to it...get your UA on! Otherwise you have to wait all day.