UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #14: 12/20/17 - 9:00pm - @ Louisville

Eli

How does a team request the officials look at the monitors to review a call? Who makes that decision?

Again, I am ok with no call there - but I am curious why they didn't look at it.

I just watched it again, and I think it did affect the shot. Looks like the foul happened at the moment of release and you can see very little rotation on the shot. It looks like the foul stopped his follow through. No spin means it better be a perfect swish or bank cause you aren't getting any roll.

We got shafted. End of story.

Nothing will change it though. In my mind and in the the minds of the team, this should be a win. Alas, it is not and we move on.

Let's beat Kent St. into submission and take our anger out on them.

• Like 2

morning all, just getting in...the ref looks like he got caught in between blowing his whistle and not....unfortunately...while def. a foul, not 100% sure it affected the shot....my biggest problem is, not sure if anyone went back and checked, when we were up 3, Louisville got ball down low to big under basket. I was pretty sure his foot was OB....has anyone checked that???

we NEED to get that game...damn....I agree and disagree regarding the time out at the end. Im sure we all wanted Joe to take the final shot. Therefore a TO is warranted to set up a play, whereas, riding it out can also be a plus as Joe did have the ball in his hand...

Last night we showed more will to win than at any time I believe in the last 2 years maybe....

Live I thought he was out of bounds, I was half asleep by the time I got to that point in the game rewatching last night.

I was thinking about the run against Memphis to compare it to last night. Fairly similar really. We got close or took the lead then promptly gave up a short burst of a run. I think last night was a quick 7-0 run to give the lead back to Louisville. The difference was last night we had both Campbell and Cremo hit key 3's near the end to keep us in striking distance, while those shots didn't fall against Memphis.

Learn from it.

Get Better.

Beat Vermont.

Dance.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

I was thinking about the run against Memphis to compare it to last night. Fairly similar really. We got close or took the lead then promptly gave up a short burst of a run. I think last night was a quick 7-0 run to give the lead back to Louisville. The difference was last night we had both Campbell and Cremo hit key 3's near the end to keep us in striking distance, while those shots didn't fall against Memphis.

Learn from it.

Get Better.

Beat Vermont.

Dance.

Last night showed me more than at any time this season that we will beat UVM at least once this season. And when we do, I cannot wait to see the reactions of some of their fans on the AE forum who are absolutely convinced that they are far superior to any one else in the league and that they will run the table again in conference play.

I keep reading "I understand why they didn't call it" and "That won't get called at that point in the game" and I don't agree. I've seen fouls called on late second shots when they are blatant fouls and this was a blatant foul. There is no way the ref who was standing there did not see it and from one tweet I saw it stated the refs actually looked at each other before ending the game. They saw the foul and you HAVE to call it. I don't care what point of the game it is, a foul is a foul and it should be called. Heck even the announcers said, "Wait a minute here!" after the horn thinking the refs were getting together or something.

I know, it's over, move on. I just don't agree with the posters stating they won't call that foul especially since it was a blatant slap on the elbow. He also hit him with the body which could've been called as well.

• Like 1

I keep reading "I understand why they didn't call it" and "That won't get called at that point in the game" and I don't agree. I've seen fouls called on late second shots when they are blatant fouls and this was a blatant foul. There is no way the ref who was standing there did not see it and from one tweet I saw it stated the refs actually looked at each other before ending the game. They saw the foul and you HAVE to call it. I don't care what point of the game it is, a foul is a foul and it should be called. Heck even the announcers said, "Wait a minute here!" after the horn thinking the refs were getting together or something.

I know, it's over, move on. I just don't agree with the posters stating they won't call that foul especially since it was a blatant slap on the elbow. He also hit him with the body which could've been called as well.

I once got to watch Rutgers at home beat a ranked Villanova team on a four point play when the shooter was fouled hitting a three...there was 1/4 of the contact on that play than there was last night.

The whole ending was insane, so here's the last two minutes

https://youtu.be/rx-KL9vKcHU

Edited by ZLK

I don't know that I even see a foul in that shot in the Rutgers game while last nights was very clear. I know it isn't fair, and should not be this way, but this game is a mid-major team vs. an ACC team on their home court. That game was at Rutgers. It shouldn't matter, but in the NCAA it is the way it goes. Flip the colors on the jerseys last night and that gets called 9 out of 10 times.

I once got to watch Rutgers at home beat a ranked Villanova team on a four point play when the shooter was fouled hitting a three...there was 1/4 of the contact on that play than there was last night.

The whole ending was insane, so here's the last two minutes

https://youtu.be/rx-KL9vKcHU

Yeah, just got his arm a bit on that one.

How about this one? I remember it well. Very controversial but called at the very end of the game. It does happen!

Flipped it on again, Louisville player definitely stepped out of bounds...oh well.

I was pretty sure he was out..thanks for going back and checking...that annoys the hell out of me because the ref on that sideline had a PERFECT view of that. That is what he should have watched for before the Lou. player went up to the rim....another chance for us up 3 to run more clock and maybe get another bucket....UGH

I know it is still early, but I was just looking at UVM's schedule vs the UA Schedule....

UVM is 1-4 right now against teams with a winning record

UA is 1-2 against teams with a winning record

It will might be a while before either team faces another team that will end the season with a winning record. Maybe UMBC and Bing finish above .500 for the year? Outside of UVM and UA, I think those are the only chances. What felt like a fairly good season for the conference in the preseason is now looking even more like the 2 and everyone else.

"IF" there is such a thing as a moral victory, last night was definitely one [won if you prefer.] Unlike some, I was not heart broken at the end. I was incensed @ the no call, and curious why it was not reviewed; but was overall just plain PROUD.

At some point David is going to get his outside shot back and Campbell is definitely a better 3 point shooter than he has shown. UA is 11 & 3; and could be 14 & 0 had they shot just a little higher % from 3 point range. Even if our OCC has not proved to be as tough as hoped, I believe for the most part we faced defenses superior to anything we will see in the AmEast. I know there are other areas we can improve also, but I am convinced, in our three loses one or two more made 3's per game and really WOW!

Predictions: {baring serious injuries or some sort of total unexplained collapse}, we will be playing someone like Louisville again in the ncaa's. Louisville will not be a 1 or 2 seed and hence we will not be a 16/15 seed. This prediction of course negates the myth that vt will run the table, but I will go one further and say UA will not be the only team to give them blemishes. I obviously know, in a one bid conference one BAD game can effect/end a season; but based on UA's showing so far and knowing they WILL even get better, I make these predictions in good faith.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 3