UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Perhaps last ditch effort to save it...hopefully Benson doesn't break and forced a home and home. 

I get the feeling we shouldn't be surprised by a 3 game series with the third a split at the TUC if this happens. Not sure why else we'd still be at the negotiating table since our terms are pretty simple. Seems a little late for this to still be going on just for the AD's to say "hey we tried, but couldn't come to an agreement".

Neither Benson nor D’Argenio were willing Friday to call the series returning — or not returning — to SEFCU Arena as a dealbreaker in their negotiations

Benson...WHY NOT? It is an absolute deal breaker for the fan base.

When will we flat out make it a public statement that from this point on, LCC can shove the TUC basketballs up their rear ends if they don't agree to a true home and home? Obviously make it more PC than how I said it but why is Benson or the school scared to flat out state that? None of the UA fans want ANYTHING different. Get on with it.

Edited by Eli

I saw the Gazette article ..  Confirmed ? my thinking ... Men's game remains an open discussion.. prediction see a three year deal ... 2 for 1 in Siena's favor for men ... 2 for 1 in UAlbany's women .... No men's game ...women go to home and home 

11 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I saw the Gazette article ..  Confirmed ? my thinking ... Men's game remains an open discussion.. prediction see a three year deal ... 2 for 1 in Siena's favor for men ... 2 for 1 in UAlbany's women .... No men's game ...women go to home and home 

If we're going to sell our soul it better bring in a ton of money. Seems kind of weak even entertaining negotiations other than saving face for the public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I'll stick to my guns that no game... Just posturing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingDane said:

The community needs this game too much to let it die.

WHY?  LET IT DIE!!!!!  I don't need this game; I do not believe the University needs this game {be better off with a real money game.} The only community/entity that needs this game is lcc and its dieing fan base. Even if lcc concedes (and I doubt it) to come to SEFCU, I would rather pay regular admission and watch anybody else [even Onenonta:mellow:] than pay a $50 premium to watch lcc. That is what it cost season ticket holders the last time lcc came to town ($100 actually, over the regular season price for 2 seats.)

Edited by dslyank

Let's face reality the AD's are face saving. The politicians and chamber of commerce will place blame on someone, likely UAlbany.  The Times Onion will cry ? about the "fans" loss of another sporting event in a manner when a minor league sports franchise leaves town. Yes fairness was never part of this rivalry ... Civility was never part of this rivalry.

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

WHY?  LET IT DIE!!!!!  I don't need this game; I do not believe the University needs this game {be better off with a real money game.} The only community/entity that needs this game is lcc and its dieing fan base. Even if lcc concedes (and I doubt it) to come to SEFCU, I would rather pay regular admission and watch anybody else [even Onenonta:mellow:] than pay a $50 premium to watch lcc. That is what it cost season ticket holders the last time lcc came to town ($100 actually, over the regular season price for 2 seats.)

I've been vocal about wanting it to end. The comment was a tongue in cheek way to suggest accepting a 2 for 1 with UA getting 2 home games.

• Like 2