UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018/2019 Schedule

Just now, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I’m only suggesting this for games at TU.  It should be home and home otherwise.  

See that's the thing, I don't even care if we get any money from the TUC games. If the revenue were to be split it could be minimal or not at all as far as I'm concerned. Siena can enjoy their boosted revenue and attendance figures every other year. Just treat it like two mid majors meeting up for a home and home. Crazy to me that they can't see us boosting their attendance every other year as a benefit to them rather than a slight because it's not there every year.

• Like 2

Just now, ZLK said:

See that's the thing, I don't even care if we get any money from the TUC games. If the revenue were to be split it could be minimal or not at all as far as I'm concerned. Siena can enjoy their boosted revenue and attendance figures every other year. Just treat it like two mid majors meeting up for a home and home. Crazy to me that they can't see us boosting their attendance every other year as a benefit to them rather than a slight because it's not there every year.

You need to view this through the prism that is Siena and their fans still thinking that they are better than Albany. This notion that we MUST go to the TUC every year is nothing more than Siena holding on to their last straw of perceived superiority instead of respecting UA as an equal in the area. By giving in on a home and home their superiority delusion will finally come crashing down so they hang on to it for dear life. The reality is this...UAlbany dwarfs them as an athletic department and in no way should be dictated to by a program that sucks as an overall athletic department and managed to tank their one and only respectable program...

Know your place LCC...it won't get any easier for them. 

76yAka4.gif?noredirect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

You need to view this through the prism that is Siena and their fans still thinking that they are better than Albany. This notion that we MUST go to the TUC every year is nothing more than Siena holding on to their last straw of perceived superiority instead of respecting UA as an equal in the area. By giving in on a home and home their superiority delusion will finally come crashing down so they hang on to it for dear life. The reality is this...UAlbany dwarfs them as an athletic department and in no way should be dictated to by a program that sucks as an overall athletic department and managed to tank their one and only respectable program...

76yAka4.gif?noredirect

OT but....did that dog just do the hokey pokey and turn himself around? Goodness. :lol:

Edited by Eli

32 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

76yAka4.gif?noredirect

The only thing I'll give them is that expectations generally set how we'll react to situations and for years the expectation was that we would go to them and just be happy to play the game. I'm sure they view the fact they even came to SEFCU as some generous gift. As we've gone on about before, the programs aren't even equal at the moment. Siena doesn't even have a reason we should continue the series other than "so we can draw more Siena fans to the TUC". They want the ability to do that every other year I'm cool with it, I still haven't heard a reason it benefits Albany to visit Siena every year.

3 hours ago, ZLK said:

The only thing I'll give them is that expectations generally set how we'll react to situations and for years the expectation was that we would go to them and just be happy to play the game. I'm sure they view the fact they even came to SEFCU as some generous gift. As we've gone on about before, the programs aren't even equal at the moment. Siena doesn't even have a reason we should continue the series other than "so we can draw more Siena fans to the TUC". They want the ability to do that every other year I'm cool with it, I still haven't heard a reason it benefits Albany to visit Siena every year.

You aren't going to hear a reason that it benefits Albany to visit LCC every year because a reason doesn't exist. 

If they(LCC) truly think that should happen, they are as delusional as their fanbase

Edited by bob87
  • Like 2

www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211717467 2018 Volleyball schedule is out, and I was surprised that we're playing the 'aints. Made me go back to check the past year. Two schools only nine miles apart, and the entire year's matchups were

Men's basketball - Albany win

Women's basketball - Albany win

Women's golf - Albany win

Women's soccer - Albany win

Men's soccer played an exhibition, which we didn't list a score. A softball game at a Mt. St. Mary's tournament was cancelled.

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211717467 2018 Volleyball schedule is out, and I was surprised that we're playing the 'aints. Made me go back to check the past year. Two schools only eight miles apart, and the entire year's matchups were

Men's basketball - Albany win

Women's basketball - Albany win

Women's golf - Albany win

Women's soccer - Albany win

Men's soccer played an exhibition, which we didn't list a score. A softball game at a Mt. St. Mary's tournament was cancelled.

We're playing them in Volleyball next year. I don't think we've played them for a while.

20 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

We're playing them in Volleyball next year. I don't think we've played them for a while.

We have not.

They have a new coach in volleyball as well I think.

Maybe they think they can compete in volleyball now :)

Laugh when they say TU made 1.3 mill but owes 68 mill. That means it will never be out of debt.

If it is sold Siena may be up $hits creek with no place to play except their downsized on campus facility. Then we'll see if all the UA / $iena games should be played at the much larger SEFCU Arena.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 2

alum73 agreed but that's a massive debt to get out from under. If someone buys it $iena will not be in a great bargaining position and their costs may go up or they could even be left out in the cold. 

An outside group will be looking to really profit from the facility!

12 minutes ago, Patch said:

alum73 agreed but that's a massive debt to get out from under. If someone buys it $iena will not be in a great bargaining position and their costs may go up or they could even be left out in the cold. 

An outside group will be looking to really profit from the facility!

It's a moot point...no one is going to take that boat anchor off the hands of the county. In the meantime, what is already a dilapidated building will continue to fall into further disrepair (or take on much more dept). I know they just put lipstick on that pig but the remaining 80% of the building is a dump. I can honestly see Siena voluntarily moving back to the ARC in 5-10 years especially as their own financial struggles, ability to stay competitive as a small liberal arts school, the weight of their financial obligations and an aging fan base continue to drive the change in dynamic of their D1 program. You are already seeing their struggles to field a legitimate D1 program in all sports as they continue to sacrifice everything/money to stave off the inevitable. 

If this new HC can't turn the basketball program around you will see further deemphasis of D1 athletics at Siena. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1