Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

I hear we are quickly approaching the drop-date on this game and at this point this game is unlikely to continue. Good, proud of Benson finally standing his ground. Good luck Siena getting someone else to come in and bring 10k people. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Siena's AD opined that the game should be at the TUC because it is a community game and that the TUC would allow more fans to see the game. This rationale or explanation would be furthered if the scho

home and home or shove it. 

without knowing any of the details of the negotiations, a big pat on the back to Mark for his willingness to pass on this game/contract until an equitable offer is on the table ... during our early ye

23 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I hear we are quickly approaching the drop-date on this game and at this point this game is unlikely to continue. Good, proud of Benson finally standing his ground. Good luck Siena getting someone else to come in and bring 10k people. 

Good

Pretty sure Albany is continuing a home and home series with the defending maac champs.

If that arrangement isn't good enough for an also ran or if that also ran doesn't think they can compete, just end the series

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 8:47 AM, Clickclack said:

I hear we are quickly approaching the drop-date on this game and at this point this game is unlikely to continue. Good, proud of Benson finally standing his ground. Good luck Siena getting someone else to come in and bring 10k people. 

I hope this is true.  Enough is enough.  Home and home or nothing.  Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand we are a much bigger university than Siena but their fanbase is about double ours.  That being said I find this to be interesting; Twitter followers for mens basketball are as follows:

Siena: 3209

Albany: 4793

I understand that a lot of Siena alumni stay local but that's an interesting number to me. I truly believe that after a major renovation, and I believe it's coming, of the Sefcu we will draw much much better.  I dont think the Sefcu is a dump, like most Siena fans would say, but a major facelift will go a long way.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

The average age of a $iena fan is north of 60. This is the easy answer to why they have fewer twitter followers.

Blunt. Lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

The average age of a $iena fan is north of 60. This is the easy answer to why they have fewer twitter followers.

 

9 hours ago, Eli said:

Blunt. Lol. 

HEY. I am almost 10º north of 60 and I DON'T tweet. Call it a personal or for that matter political (I know we are not suppose to talk politics on this blog) preference. But I GET your point.

LOL :):)

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dslyank said:

 

HEY. I am almost 10º north of 60 and I DON'T tweet. Call it a personal or for that matter political (I know we are not suppose to talk politics on this blog) preference. But I GET your point.

LOL :):)

I was saying nothing bad against the older generation of fans... I am rapidly approaching that level myself. I just turned 41 last week, and my wife doesn't turn 40 until August. This means in her eyes that she is still in her mid 30's and I am approaching 50 LOL...

My point was that average age of their fan base is significantly higher than the average age of our fan base - with UA's D1 history not yet being 20 years. The older generation hasn't taken to twitter (I still avoid it for the most part, and just use it for info gathering), so it is natural that UA basketball would have more twitter followers, even with a smaller overall fan base. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JC7 said:

The misguided feeling of superiority by Siena and its fans sickens me. 

It better sicken you.  That’s they way rival hatred works.  As for playing Aints anytime in the future, it should only be a true home and home. If our administration caved in any way, they are true cowards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alumni '92' said:

You guys are all on point … 50/50 or walk away from the series … simple terms … would be extremely disappointed in our administration if they agreed to anything less

I flat out won't be there...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the game each year. Heated rivalry games always get the juices flowing, but I will continue to agree with the consensus on the board. Unless we get equal treatment, then goodbye series. I see only 2 possible choices: Home and Home with a 2 or 4 year deal, or a 3 year deal with home/home/neutral.

The neutral site cannot be the TUC. Let it be Glens Falls Civic Center, Springfield Mass at the HOF, Foxwoods, NYC, some other site within an hour drive, or potentially at the rumored new sporting complex at Turning Stone (or at Rivers if they add to the entertainment venues there) - with the revenue evenly split between the schools.

Siena needs us more than we need them these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I love the game each year. Heated rivalry games always get the juices flowing, but I will continue to agree with the consensus on the board. Unless we get equal treatment, then goodbye series. I see only 2 possible choices: Home and Home with a 2 or 4 year deal, or a 3 year deal with home/home/neutral.

The neutral site cannot be the TUC. Let it be Glens Falls Civic Center, Springfield Mass at the HOF, Foxwoods, NYC, some other site within an hour drive, or potentially at the rumored new sporting complex at Turning Stone (or at Rivers if they add to the entertainment venues there) - with the revenue evenly split between the schools.

Siena needs us more than we need them these days. 

Could not agree more. I often travel back to Albany for the game. No way will I do that any longer unless it is home and home. With any luck, their new coach will be another disaster. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I flat out won't be there...

Likewise. I didn't even buy any food last time there as to not support them as I don't believe we got a cut of those profits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...