UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cremo nichols leave...

12 minutes ago, Eli said:

I dunno...the atmosphere during the SBU UA AE Final in '14 (? Hooley shot?) was pretty damn amazing. 

Totally, but if Nichols was gone, with the young,  raw players we ended up with, even a stud senior year from Cremo, no way we are hosting a AE title game in March.  He was realistic.

Recently I have seen it written that coach was 1000% surprised about Cremo and Nichols leaving. 

Was thinking about this the other day, and I'm not sure this has been brought up yet: I'm not sure I really sure this is true. What are the chances he knew at the end of the season and this is why they turned down the post season invites? Money was the claim at the time.. 

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Recently I have seen it written that coach was 1000% surprised about Cremo and Nichols leaving. 

Was thinking about this the other day, and I'm not sure this has been brought up yet: I'm not sure I really sure this is true. What are the chances he knew at the end of the season and this is why they turned down the post season invites? Money was the claim at the time.. 

I'm 100% sure he knew they were graduating but I'm also 100% sure he had no idea Cremo was going to leave.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

David Nichols getting adjusted to life in the ACC T-U

He likes flying charter.

FSU is at Syracuse tonight at 800

Good for him, enjoy it young buck. I wasn't really worked up about them leaving, watching us struggle earlier this year a thought or two crept into my mind what could have been in terms of W's but our recent play has banished any such thought. We are in a good spot, they are in a good spot and seem happy. 

Go do your thing, you only have one life to live!

• Like 3

I've watched a handful of games of each one.  

If they like being totally overshadowed by players that are much better than them...  and like coming off the bench as role players.... more power to them.

As for their legacy at UA, not sure there is much of a legacy anymore.  They had a year to prove they were championship caliber in a low mid-major league.  They never accomplished what five other squads accomplished.  They came up short a hell of a lot.

As for moving up to better leagues as role players off the bench..... not sure that does that much to enhance their b-ball resumes.  Sorry for Cremo, could have proven himself as one of the UA best.  Number retired.  Champion.   He doesn't see the ball much on the O end when in the game at V.    Nichols was a drama queen.  Both seem to be putting in a lot more effort in terms of hustle and energy in comparison to them at UA.

They divorced their UA family for something 'better'.   I could care less if they do well or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

I've watched a handful of games of each one.  

If they like being totally overshadowed by players that are much better than them...  and like coming off the bench as role players.... more power to them.

As for their legacy at UA, not sure there is much of a legacy anymore.  They had a year to prove they were championship caliber in a low mid-major league.  They never accomplished what five other squads accomplished.  They came up short a hell of a lot.

As for moving up to better leagues as role players off the bench..... not sure that does that much to enhance their b-ball resumes.  Sorry for Cremo, could have proven himself as one of the UA best.  Number retired.  Champion.   He doesn't see the ball much on the O end when in the game at V.    Nichols was a drama queen.  Both seem to be putting in a lot more effort in terms of hustle and energy in comparison to them at UA.

They divorced their UA family for something 'better'.   I could care less if they do well or not.

Honestly, I should ignore this post, but I just can't. You sound like a scorned boyfriend that got dumped and just can't get over yourself. I would expect nothing less from a Patriots fan. Actually, dating Patriots fans is awesome because they don't care of you cheat, but I digress.

The 2 kids graduated. This is mid-major college basketball. With an opportunity to play for a major team, I can not blame them. You ask if it enhances their b-ball resume? WTF? Neither are playing in the NBA, so no one cares about the b-ball resume. Does it enhance their personal resume? 100% yes. As someone who hires people and reads resumes all the time for my staff, I would be ecstatic if I had a candidate come to me with this:

"I graduated in 3 years from the University at Albany, with honors, after attending with a D1 Basketball Scholarship. I then transferred to Florida State/Villanova to continue my studies, while playing significant minutes on their top-25 basketball team."  David Nichols can add his AE Scholar Athlete award to that sentence. 

Be upset that they left without a chip. Realize that they will never be on the walls of SEFCU arena as an all-time great. Wonder what could have been had they stayed for their grad student year. Get over yourself being negative about them. They did what is best for themselves and their future careers - in or out of basketball.

Yes I wish we had them for one last season, but I wish them well. I had tickets for tonight's game in Syracuse to root for David, but I had a family issue come up and ended up having my boss use them with someone else (he is in Syracuse and got the tickets for me). 

• Thanks 2

Looks like DP or someone deleted the bickering posts in the middle. That's probably for the best. 

There was no boy crush. Just rooting for the players that attended UA, and happy to see them chase their dreams. Not hurt that they left us at all, as you seem to be. 

Have a nice day.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Good for him, enjoy it young buck. I wasn't really worked up about them leaving, watching us struggle earlier this year a thought or two crept into my mind what could have been in terms of W's but our recent play has banished any such thought. We are in a good spot, they are in a good spot and seem happy. 

Go do your thing, you only have one life to live!

This. When we weren't doing so hot, I was kinda pissed that (Joe especially since he more often than not good for 16-17ppg) they up and left even though we won diddly with them and actually had premature season endings with them...I just hate losing. Now that our team is on the up and up...couldn't care less. We don't need them, they don't need us. Hope they enjoy themselves wherever they are and do whatever makes them happy. Rumor is it Cremo isn't happy...so there's that...told ya so.

That being said...some people here do have a serious infatuation with these two ;). You can't clown us for not caring and tell us we need to get over ourselves and expect to not get clowned for caring too much right back. For all intents and purposes, they were losers here (not as kids, but as players on a team that didn't win anything but lost the most important things).

EVERYONE, those who hate em and those who love em, needs to move on.

I get on people who come to the thread to tell everyone how little they care about them. If you don't care then dont post in the thread. Don't read it. Don't post in it. If you are over them, then good for you. There is no reason to keep posting about how much you don't care.

Some people do like to root for them and follow what they did after they left. This is a spot to talk about that.

• Like 2

Cremo is having a relatively terrible year at Villanova. But if you think we are bad on this forum, you haven't seen nothing.  Villanova fans have been riding him all year. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1093579415013998593

He will never say it publicly but he has to have some regrets,  at least to what school he transferred too. 

49 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Cremo is having a relatively terrible year at Villanova. But if you think we are bad on this forum, you haven't seen nothing.  Villanova fans have been riding him all year. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1093579415013998593

He will never say it publicly but he has to have some regrets,  at least to what school he transferred too. 

This guy could have been a star here...

• Like 1

While I think it was the right move for him long term professionally, he has to be second guessing himself, at at least the program he transferred to. He would have been a star here for sure, and his game probably would have fit much better in a different system. In the few Nova games I have watched, he had been playing the role he said he didn't want to play. On offense he is standing on the wing or in the corner waiting for the ball uninvolved. That's not his game. He is successful when he is a threat to drive, uses the euro-step and all the crafty moves. That's when the deep shot opens for him and his quick release.

Who would have thought that Calixte would end up the AE grad transfer making the most impact on their new team. Nichols has out performed what I thought he would, but sadly Joe has underperformed.

Edited by godanesgo99